Let me MOD my P5 or else!!!

love this thread. I am running out of excuses my self. I still don't think she realizes how much of a car nut I am. I don't hide buying parts from her(not a good thing to do in a healthy marrage). I just use the money I get from selling stuff on ebay for parts now so she can't bother me about are budget. I love her though, my best friend, and now we are having a kid in nine months or so. I can't wait to be a dad!

I stopped making excuses to my g/f after the turbo went in because there was no way in hell I could have justified that other than it was something I wanted. I just remind her (g/f of nearly 4 yrs) how much money I have spent on her and she goes away grumbling. Now if only I could stop her from giving me the "I told you so..." speech whenever something breaks...

Been married for 17 years this August. Started dating when I was 15, currently 39. Not mazda related but you'll get the idea. A buddy of mine handed me the keys for the car in the background a month or so ago. It cost me parts to get it home but worth it. A guy on an isuzu enthusiasts site posted this totaled RS (AWD Turbo Impulse) for free (1st person to show up gets it) and I simply ask my wife if I can go get it. Yes, I asked her if she was ok with it. 1,100 miles away. So I got home last night (from southern Ohio, car is south of jefferson city, missouri)at midnight with the car to my wife standing at the top of the stairs making sure I knew how much she loved me. Now aint that sweet.

She never ever stumbled when I simply said, the I-Mark needs tires. The RS has brand new tires. I can drive out for less than the tires are gunna cost me. Sweeter part is the Impulse has a new STi VF39 turbo, custom exhaust flange, honda racing radiator, new centerforce clutch, etc...

Man, I really love her. :)

Attachments

• RS.JPG
    RS.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Andrewsmc said:
Just tell her everything you buy is for better gas milage

lol... yup this one's mine; as long as they get what they want/need... everything else is up for grabs.

I'm *very* lucky that my guy is an auto enthusiast, so it isn't an issue in our household... <3 :D

My former wasn't into cars at all and it created all sorts of discord in the relationship. He couldn't even muster the enthusiasm to be happy with the fact that I was happy with auto-x-ing, car shows, etc.

But then again, that's why he's the former...

Tell your wife it's for maintance/better gas mileage, that's what I do. Though I will be honest, she knows I am trying to make it perform better. Though once I got a CAI for my car, my wife wanted one for her's.

Magus

Back