Let me MOD my P5 or else!!!

fishman138

:
Yellow 5 Standing by
My wife looked at me like I was crazy when the Injen CAI got delivered by fedex...*feigning surprise*, I looked at her like *must be the wrong address!*...but when the magnaflow catback showed up a week later..the jig was up...BUSTED!

SO...thinking as fast as humanly possible ...*as only MEN can do..LOL*...

I loudly declared....

IF I CAN'T MOD MY P5 YOU GOTTA BUY ME A PORSCHE CAYMAN S !!!

just wondering if this tactic has worked with anybody else?

It all balances out with the wife spending money on nails, hair, books, etc. She has her s*** & I got bike parts, car parts, computer parts/gadgets etc. so play it back that way. Mine was astonished that a new car "needed" so many other parts too.

^^^Exactly....my wife has told me to buy 'whateeeeevaaaaar I want'....which actually scares me. lol But she does buy her swimsuits and get her hair done/colored etc etc so it all works out.

On this very subject I will have to explain the 'need' for the Mazda6 wiper conversion sitting beside my desk. :)

fishman138 said:
LMAO....

married 3 or 4 years I think... *its ok..she doesn't read this*

whew!

Until she secretly gets her own screen name to see why you are in the garage late every night! lol

After 22 years of marriage, my wife has pretty much caught on to ALMOST any tactics I could think of. But, my latest tactic has been to tell her that I need to replace something because went bad. When I replaced the stock muffler with the Mazdaspeed muffler, I told her that the stock replacement is the same price as the Mazdaspeed. Same with the intake (I hope she never finds out that the stock intake has veery little chance of going "bad"). In a couple of months, the exhaust manifold is going to go bad. (cabpatch)

RedHotP5 said:
Until she secretly gets her own screen name to see why you are in the garage late every night! lol

LMAO!....

the looks on her face are classic

I hope i'm home when the header shows up!

5PADZAM said:
After 22 years of marriage, my wife has pretty much caught on to ALMOST any tactics I could think of. But, my latest tactic has been to tell her that I need to replace something because went bad. When I replaced the stock muffler with the Mazdaspeed muffler, I told her that the stock replacement is the same price as the Mazdaspeed. Same with the intake (I hope she never finds out that the stock intake has veery little chance of going "bad"). In a couple of months, the exhaust manifold is going to go bad. (cabpatch)

Ha!

thats a great strategy...*high five*

*everytime I come here I learn something new...thank god for Mazda Forums*

My wife is the best. At first she hated the Mazdaspeed exhaust I put on, but then she started the like the attention she gets from driving around. Lol when she gets pissed off at people she'll ZOOM by them and rev. (rockon)
She has bought parts for christmas, and got me ca$h on my b-day, she even got me a subscription to Mazdasport magazine. And when I got the miata, she bought me a repair manual.
All she asks in return is that I buy her fabric, craft supplies and eeyores.
(this tread does remind me, I need to take her out to get her hair done)

I love my wife

dave45090 said:
Honey I need to buy this turbo because my right headlight went out.
i really LOLed at this..

why do you have to ASK for it? or be allowed...guess you gotta be married for that..

Married 10 years I work she stayes home and takes care of the house and kids she spends as much money as i do just not at once. I buy what i want and the parts do brake some times.

My wife has an account on here. but I'm lucky she is a car nut. I just have the share the mods between the Prote, the truck and the 66 mustang.

my wife thinks i'm nuts, but she has shown some appreciation for the efforts and $$$$ i've spent...i've never bought a car part i couldn't afford to pay for (out of my "own" money) anyway, much like the rest of you, she caught on to my tactics long ago!!

5PADZAM said:
Was she your ex-girl friend before or after helping you? lol.

after - and than we did it on the hood (well maybe not but that could have happened (hand) thats why she is my ex, we dont think the same (butthump) )

DeadGeneration said:
after - and than we did it on the hood (well maybe not but that could have happened (hand) thats why she is my ex, we dont think the same (butthump) )

ahhhhh!!...you forgot to use the (whip)

DeadGeneration said:

lol. My wife helped me work on my cars when she was my girl friend, but something changes in them once they get that piece of paper signed. Maybe not all of them, but the majority. Now cars are just a means of transportation for her. She doesn't understand how I can spend hours each week working on them.

Back