FS: 03 P5 138k miles $750 Dubois PA

MP5x2k3

:
2003 Mazda Protege5 base
Hey guys, been kinda quiet lately. Havent been driving the P5 much, had a good deal come my way on a modded 95 Volvo 850 turbo wagon and couldn't pass it up, so the P5 just sits here...

Looking to get $750 cash out of her. She runs and drives, needs brake work (locked up front right caliper over the winter with all the snow we got here, so it will need new pads/rotors and is ripe for a 626 upgrade). I pulled the caliper today and freed up the slide pins the best I could, not sure if that'll fix her though. Asking waaay less than what I have into her, but she's gotta go sadly... don't have the room to keep her parked here, and hate to see her just sit...

I've put a lot into her this past year, but the Volvo is now taking my focus away and I can't see paying for 2 cars to be on the road when I'm not driving the P5. I have receipts for all the work I've done/new parts. Has great tires all around on the stock 16s (2 Michelin XIce on the rear with less than 1k miles on them, 2 hankook H426 up front with 80% tread). Strong clutch (I replaced the slave and line last july).

body is clean, couple dings here and there (she has a rebuilt title from a deer hit before I bought her, I went thru the process of getting it retitled from salvage to R title and she walked right thru.) PA inspected until July and with the brake work she'll walk right thru it again.

Comes with a timing belt/water pump kit and various other goodies...Great car for someone looking for a daily driver or to start a project with. Theres lots of potential here. I have a full set of Kosei Sniper (7 spoke) 17" wheels to go with the car as well (no tires). I had plans to lower her on coilovers, rebuild the front suspension parts with poly, and run her as an autoX car, but life threw me a curveball on that and its not happening...

Any interest, shoot me a PM. Looking for quick sale, hence low price. Come get it out of my driveway already ;) The Volvo is hungry for 93 octane LOL. $750 without the 17" wheels, $900 with them. Selling as is, bring a trailer or brake parts and she'll go all day long.

Last edited:
I should probably mention: The car was originally a southern car and spent most of its life around Virginia/Washington DC area (I have the original dealer stickers/pre delivery inspection paperwork in the owners manual, as well as the original owners registration/insurance card). Given the handwritten notes on the back of the owners manual, I suspect it was purchased/owned by someone who lived on one of the military bases in that area. It is optioned with the add on spare tire sub. No sunroof, no roof rack. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only owner who has driven it thru a snowy winter. There is minor surface rust in the passenger side strut tower and front suspension starting, but that is the only area. The rest of the car is clean and rust free. Interior is in fantastic shape (when cleaned up).

For the right price I'll swap over the tires on the stock wheels to a set of matching 205-55/16 Continental DWS tires with about 65-70% tread...Honestly I'd quite rather keep the XIce snows for the Volvvo, but its not a deal breaker...

Last edited:
If only I weren't 1000 miles away....

For the right price and a plane ticket home I'll deliver ;) its a 14 hour drive for me, I can do that in a day :p Honestly, I wouldnt hesitate to jump in the Mazda and make the trip out there with her, she does great on highway miles (avg about 36 the way I drive) with the brakes fixed...Not that I'm not willing to fix them, I'm just not willing to put the money into fixing them (would rather put that money into restoring the minor issues on the Volvo)

Last edited:
Quick bump. Price set firm at $750 with extra 17" wheels. You show up with cash in hand, she's yours. My loss, your gain. Roommate says one of my cars has to go ASAP, so come and get it. First person to show up with cash in hand takes it, and I'll throw in lunch on my dime. Will also consider an even trade for the right Volvo 850 wagon or 850 wagon parts

Last edited:
Pictures? Been thinking about getting an AutoX car. Have truck, can get trailer. How long have you had it in PA?

Last edited:
Pictures? Been thinking about getting an AutoX car. Have truck, can get trailer. How long have you had it in PA?

Shoot me a PM, I'll give ya my cell # and text some over. As far as I can tell its been in PA for about 2 years so far (with me and the previous owner). It did spend a short time in NJ prior to that, as well as NY (judging by registration events on the autocheck report I pulled last year). No rust in the wheel arches, very little surface rust on the underside and the other places noted. She's pretty clean for being at 139k miles...

Really a shame to see her go :/ Had a lot of good (and some not so good ) memories in this car, would love to keep it for sentimental reasons...getting too old to be playing with toys though anymore, growing up sucks ;)

Damn, she said she will not do $800. $1000 is the lowest she will go and thats only because the cost of the back door springs cost $90 for new ones.

Bumping it up. This needs to go ASAP. Pics to follow. A lot of car there for the price, all she needs is the brake work and she'll be golden for quite some time

Back