Jeff@Tri-Point Koni DA Custom Coilover Log

I got my 17x8 wheels w/ 235/40/17 tires on the car. The rear lip was rolled and sanded down a little bit. Ill let you know if it rubs or not and ill have pics tonight.

Front%20Clearance2.JPG

Front Tire Clearance

Rear%20Clearance2.JPG

Rear Tire Clearance

Random%20Wheels.JPG

Random Shot

Rear%20Shot.JPG

Rear Shot

Front%20Wheel.JPG

Front Wheel

Rear%20Wheel.JPG

Rear Wheel

Nice work Jeff. I would love to do something like this since I already have the Ground Controls.

Where did you find those wheels? I've only ever seen them in 15" and 18"

The car looks sick, you need to take some good daytime shots tomorrow.

low_psi said:
Where did you find those wheels? I've only ever seen them in 15" and 18"

The car looks sick, you need to take some good daytime shots tomorrow.

Ya, i get the special treatment. :)

Ill take some shots tomorrow but my camera sucks.

Damn, I don't know how you're not rubbing. After the roughly 2" drop from the Goldlines/Illuminas I'm rubbing the inner fenders with worn 215/45/17's on stock wheels. I would soooo love to have some meaty 235's on there with slightly wider wheels.

It looks awesome though, and thanks for going to the trouble to post all of this. Objectivity is a good thing.

MrDiggler said:
Damn, I don't know how you're not rubbing. After the roughly 2" drop from the Goldlines/Illuminas I'm rubbing the inner fenders with worn 215/45/17's on stock wheels. I would soooo love to have some meaty 235's on there with slightly wider wheels.

It looks awesome though, and thanks for going to the trouble to post all of this. Objectivity is a good thing.

Well its the camber, i'm runnin extreme camber ranges that a normal street car would not run.

Hughes412 said:
So are you going to be selling these?
Talking it over, we would have to become a sponsor on here again. This is what we could be offering

Koni Single Adjustable Race Inserts, w/ a Ground Control Coil-over Sleeve, Eibach Springs, Front and Rear Camber Plates. Basically ready to run

$2100.00 for the custom kit + $200.00 core exchange

Koni Double Adjustable Race Inserts, w/ a Ground Control Coil-over Sleeve, Eibach Springs, Front and Rear Camber Plates. Basically ready to run

$2500.00 for the custom kit + $200.00 core exchange

Once we get your original cores then we would refund you the $200.00

Let me know if you guys would be interested.

Last edited:
Jeff, find some sunlight for pictures :) Do you guys sell your own camber plates or are they AWRs?

I'd be happy to do these for people but the tap alone is over $200. I doubt any local machine shops will have metrics that large, so I'll probably be sending mine to Jeff to get tapped.

low_psi said:
Jeff, find some sunlight for pictures :) Do you guys sell your own camber plates or are they AWRs?

I'd be happy to do these for people but the tap alone is over $200. I doubt any local machine shops will have metrics that large, so I'll probably be sending mine to Jeff to get tapped.

haha, ill try to find some sunlight. Geez! They were taken in the morning. We made these camber paltes for my car but we would be using AWR's probably.

Since you seem to be pretty experienced with various fitments, what are the odds a 235/40 on a 17x7.5 +40ish would fit with only 1 degree neg. camber? Also assume coilovers and not stock struts. I have to wonder if it could be done...*drool*

Diggler, I will be test fitting a 235/40 on my 17x7.5 +48 wheels if Jeff can find me a pulloff from the SWC cars. Right now with -1* and 225/45s the rears rub enough that I can't drive on the street with them because they rub under high load(bumps). Rolling the fenders will help, but I can't imagine adding another 8mm + more tire with only -1* of camber. This is with about 1.5" of lowering.

low_psi said:
Diggler, I will be test fitting a 235/40 on my 17x7.5 +48 wheels if Jeff can find me a pulloff from the SWC cars. Right now with -1* and 225/45s the rears rub enough that I can't drive on the street with them because they rub under high load(bumps). Rolling the fenders will help, but I can't imagine adding another 8mm + more tire with only -1* of camber. This is with about 1.5" of lowering.

Do you need a full set of tires? or just one? Shipping tires can be pretty pricey.

Back