Installing the Spin on Oil Conversion??

i don't. he's like a hemorrhoid. he'd be gone long ago if it was my forum. having knowledge doesn't entitle anyone to be inflammatory to other members, especially ones asking legitimate questions while getting started.

anyway, regarding oil level- i put 6qts in mine after i did the conversion. it probably could have taken a 10th or so less. next time i'm going to do like 5.75ish and see where it's at after a startup.

Not to derail the thread any more, but +1. Tired of his BS.

D Roc, let us know how the change goes, maybe you could do a write up for all the "idiots" out there.

Last edited:
Actually the K&N and Mobil1 filters are quite different. The K&N has a higher flow rate then the Mobil1, while the mobil1 has a better filtration rate. The two filters aim for different results, even though they're made by the same company.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com

The price of both has gotten kinda of rediculous as of late. =/

+1 to the man. It's not the same as the 6tech article. There are additional steps due to the oil/water cooler. Also please be careful with torquing the bolts back on. If you strip them.....

Actually the K&N and Mobil1 filters are quite different. The K&N has a higher flow rate then the Mobil1, while the mobil1 has a better filtration rate. The two filters aim for different results, even though they're made by the same company.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com

The price of both has gotten kinda of rediculous as of late. =/

+1 to the man. It's not the same as the 6tech article. There are additional steps due to the oil/water cooler. Also please be careful with torquing the bolts back on. If you strip them.....

I read a different study, thanks for pointing out the flow difference. The WIX is a good filter, especially when you factor in the price.

Removal of the oil cooler should just be one screw in the top center. Is it that difficult to reach?
-enganear

yes, unless you want to take the starter off

You should be able to drop the entire filter housing with the slack in the coolant hoses and have easy access to the cooler screw on top. Did you try this approach?
-enganear

that's what I did and it's not recommended as there's not any way to provide leverage to keep the whole thing still to loosen/tighten that bolt without potentially damaging parts

Back