Installing Springs...

It's easy--Hold the ball joint in front of you...big lock nut on top, crown bolt & cotter pin on the bottom, and that's how it goes in.

The slide is mounted so that camber can be adjusted--in for negative (towards the engine), out for positive (away from the engine). In other words, mount it perpendicular--side to side orientation.

It would have been much easier to have done all of the work at once, but the results will be the same.

Can't wait to see the pics man...

AHhhhhhHHHhhhhh.......I thought it said something about install it one way for negative or 1 way for positive...So it only goes in one way then right? I dont mean it will only FIT one way but i mean it is only meant to be installed one way?

I wasnt home all day so ill most likely get em tomorrow. I wanna take the pics with sun light. I drove up to my house and i was like a kid in the candy store!! Haha. I love the look!

AHhhhhhHHHhhhhh.......I thought it said something about install it one way for negative or 1 way for positive...So it only goes in one way then right? I dont mean it will only FIT one way but i mean it is only meant to be installed one way?

Yes, it only gets installed one way.

It all makes sense now... So i wish i would have installed them while i was on the lift! So did you guys cut the bump stops?

I'm comforted by the fact that someone with a ridiculously huge brain, proper schooling, and degrees in mechanical engineering, physics (and dynamics), determined exact placement, size, density, stability, and installation of the bump stops.

Therefore, (see Steve's response)...

I realize that others have cut or even removed theirs, but I won't.

Wellllllllll.... The directions said tooo so i did. I should have asked before hand but i didnt read the entire HOW-TO... and i didnt wanna put everything back together and then take it apart again. I took pics too, im gonna try loading them now.

Pics...

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

So guys, before u say it..I know the rust on the rotors look pretty awesome! Thats custom! Ok so not really. I bought paint and i am gonna do it soon. Trying to work slowly cause the WIFE keeeeeeeeeeepppppps complaining about me working on the car. Did the turbo inlet today, maybe ill paint em this weekend.

Wellllllllll.... The directions said tooo so i did. I should have asked before hand but i didnt read the entire HOW-TO... and i didnt wanna put everything back together and then take it apart again. I took pics too, im gonna try loading them now.

No the instructions didn't. I just looked at mine to verify, and the sheet that H&R gives you for those springs said nothing about cutting those bump stops. You're gonna hit those hard and it won't be a pleasant feeling when you do.

no, the how to on this website. Said something like...If your gonna cut the bump stops, now is the time to do that. Said something like that and i asked the guy at the shop on base and he said it would be ok. Too late now i guess...

no, the how to on this website. Said something like...If your gonna cut the bump stops, now is the time to do that. Said something like that and i asked the guy at the shop on base and he said it would be ok. Too late now i guess...

Remember, the bump stops are designed to end stock suspension travel, before any damage can occur--either to the body, suspension pieces, or undercarriage. By cutting or removing them, you can pretty much kiss your OEM shocks and struts goodbye.

The spring manufacturers design the lowered springs to work with the stock suspension pieces...all of them. They do recommend buying new struts/shocks so that you will have a complementary suspension, in other words, all the pieces work in harmony with each other, providing you with a comfortable (yet firmer) ride--(including the aforementioned bump stops).
It's your car, your choice.

But it does look badass...Nice Job! The H&R's really work well with the MS6 platform. Now, about the fuel door...

The pads right now, SUCK... As far as stopping, i stop. But they wont stop squealing... I have asked already about them and i was told at about 500 miles they would quiet down, I HOPE SO! They sound like they are completely worn down, so i cant enjoy my new mods because im embarrased by the brakes! lol..

Back