Installing Springs...

AWDRACER6

:
Mazdaspeed 6
So im getting springs to lower my Speed 6 and i just wanted to be sure everything was done right. Im looking at the Eibach springs and the H&Rs. Which should i get? Also once i get them im going to install them my self, will i have to worry about my tires rubbing? They are 225/40r/18.. Not stock wheels. So lets say i have no issues, then the only other thing i need to do is get an alignment...right? Or do i not need one? Hope u guys can help. Thanks!

This guy asked some of the same stuff, but do i really NEED the ball joints? Or is it just something to make it easier???

You def. need alignment if you don't want to eat through your tires right away. When you lower it the camber will be thrown off. W/ the RPM springs my front camber ended up at ~-1 degree. I'm happy w/ that but with the springs your looking at you will likely have even more neg. camber in front (since its a bigger drop) and will need the ball joints to adjust it.

You def. need alignment if you don't want to eat through your tires right away. When you lower it the camber will be thrown off. W/ the RPM springs my front camber ended up at ~-1 degree. I'm happy w/ that but with the springs your looking at you will likely have even more neg. camber in front (since its a bigger drop) and will need the ball joints to adjust it.

Thanks for the answer. So that answers that part of it!

Stock wheels & tires on H&R springs won't rub. I had my alignment done and had the rear camber set at -1.5 deg. on the rear, but am going to get the SPC ball joints for the front to also gain the ability to adjust the camber up there as well.

H&R makes a Mazda6 and MS6 spring. They are not the same (I confirmed this from H&R directly).

The SPC ball joints made a huge difference for me after a proper alignment, on stock wheels and springs. I've read that dropping the car will increase the negative camber by itself, but I don't know how much you'd end up with. I'd still feel more comfortable with a specific setup, but it might work out just fine.

All I can tell you is that uneven tire wear sucks, and so does blowing through a set of tires in a summer.

I just had my alignment checked yesterday and my camber is -1.5 deg on each wheel with my H&Rs installed. The rears were initially out about -2.5, but I had them brought back in a bit for better tire wear.

i think i am going to get the ball joints just to be safe....and i am 99% sure i am gonna get the H&Rs also...i just hope i will fit and not need to do anything to make the tires not rub...

i think i am going to get the ball joints just to be safe....and i am 99% sure i am gonna get the H&Rs also...i just hope i will fit and not need to do anything to make the tires not rub...

I know more negative camber can be run on the back than I have. Like I said before, I've had it set up with more, which might give you enough room to tuck those wider wheels without rolling your fenders temporarily.

is the rear camber adjustable without adding any aftermarket parts to do so? just need the ball joints in the front to be able to adjust the front camber?

is the rear camber adjustable without adding any aftermarket parts to do so? just need the ball joints in the front to be able to adjust the front camber?

Yes, there are eccentric bolts near the center of the rear that adjust the lower arms in and out for camber.

So if i do have to "roll the fenders" (never heard of that tell i started researching these springs) how hard is that to do?

Latest posts

Back