How to: Install TRZ Transmission Mount

well after installing the rear dogbone mount and the trz trans mount there is alot of vibration now its gonna take some time to get use to it but man she sound loud now

it will settle down. for now enjoy massage. Dont forget passenger mount, weakest part is the first to break. I know!
ps ever been to Birdsboro?

my grandmother lived there out in country on Pine st. Many years ago i used to go into Reading and travel on the "Pike " as she called it. Very nice memories.
I just recently tore my stock trans mount and in spring will replace with help from this how to.

my grandmother lived there out in country on Pine st. Many years ago i used to go into Reading and travel on the "Pike " as she called it. Very nice memories.
I just recently tore my stock trans mount and in spring will replace with help from this how to.

i just replaced mine and i babied her until i hit 60miles today drove to king of prussia and once i was coming back on 422 i opened her up lol but man she feels a whole lot different then before she runs great the only thing is you here the vibes from the engine but no biggie its just the power she has lol good luck on the install

Abilor, this post saved my retired (and on a fixed income) mother 400 bucks. Your level of detail was so good, this mount only took me about 30 minutes to do. I did have a few questions.

1) There was no washer on the 1 main bolt on the trans mount...should I be worried??

2) I ordered a new main bolt (the top mount bolt) from mazda... Until the new bolt arrives, I am using the old one (should be here in 4 days) do these bolts tend to fail?

3) Is there a torque spec for the top bolt???

4) for the heck of it, I ordered the two bolts for the dogbone (the mount closest to the firewall) does anyone know the torque specs on those bolts?

Thanks again, Abilor, things are very tight$$, and my family is grateful for your post.

Last edited:
Abilor, this post saved my retired (and on a fixed income) mother 400 bucks. Your level of detail was so good, this mount only took me about 30 minutes to do. I did have a few questions.

1) There was no washer on the 1 main bolt on the trans mount...should I be worried??

2) I ordered a new main bolt (the top mount bolt) from mazda... Until the new bolt arrives, I am using the old one (should be here in 4 days) do these bolts tend to fail?

3) Is there a torque spec for the top bolt???

4) for the heck of it, I ordered the two bolts for the dogbone (the mount closest to the firewall) does anyone know the torque specs on those bolts?

Thanks again, Abilor, things are very tight$$, and my family is grateful for your post.

I torqued the RMM bolts to about 85-90 ftlbs. The new #10 bolt should be 67#, I'd just go 70#. The "original" bolt that was failing was much higher torque spec. It decreased with the new one, unsure why.

Latest posts

Back