How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Hi I have a black vue camera with smart power adapter so I can set recording days/ hours yes been a valued bit of kit
I live in Exeter and is my local dealer

Last edited:
I paid 147 with camera and smart adapter I phoned the Mazda dealer and was told that they only top up washer bottles with neat water and they have a special brush that is soft for washing customers cars.I did not go any further with the service manager as I have made my own mind up and it's not for me one final thing on paying the bill yesterday it was pointed out my 5 litres of oil was not enough and I would need to top up as on low mark.
On arriving home I checked oil level 15 mins later and guess what it was on the full mark.I did a little comparison when sitting in the mazda dealers with my old Hendy Honda dealer and conclusion was Honda not only listen the seating area is very pleasant with a tv that has more than 6 Chanel's

Every dealer is different, I would report that dealer to mazda, phone customer services, adding water to the washer bottle at this time of the year is not on.

I was in the dealer at Sandicliffe Nottingham today, was given as many free drinks as I wanted, and was offered the TV but settled for the wifi instead. The wife read the papers provided.
While I was there I looked at the Kia sportage, full size alloy in the boot, although I think it looks better than the CX-5 outside, I didn't like the dash.

Wasn't impressed with the finish under the car, or under the bonnet, but I suppose if it's a lot cheaper it maybe worth considering, but not by me.

Also got 55.9 mpg driving the cx-5 to the garage, my best to date, driving steady, light traffic and speed below 60mph, A,B roads only, and obviously no regen with the dpf.

My dealer tops up the washers and charges a fortune. For my wife's mazda 2 service a few weeks ago, I put a reminder in my phone to top it up before dropping the car off, pretty sure they were well annoyed when they saw it was full to the brim.

There are not many in Suffolk either - I have only seen about 6 others over the past 6 months. I must admit I find it good that I am driving quite a rare beast!
I have had mine 6 months now, and am still very pleased with the car. I have now done 2600 miles at an average of 47 mpg, on neck to neck fill ups and calculating the mpg manually, which for a car of this size with an engine barely run-in and over the winter months, I think is pretty good.

It's not just Mazda. On my previous Jaguar I specifically topped up my washer fluid bottle to brim full so that I wouldn't be charged for that as an extra. Imagine then my annoyance when getting the car back to see I had been charged for washer bottle top up. When I rang the dealer to complain I was told that part of the service is to test the washers are working and that they then needed to be topped up afterwards!!!!!!

When my MX5 came back from a 2 years service recently I was annoyed to find a charge for 15 for a litre of Shell Helix oil for top up between services. I hadn't asked for this though incredibly, looking at the paperwork, it does seem to be part of the service procedure. Given I only do about 3K miles each year it isn't going to get used so next time it goes in I will send it back and supply the rest of the necessary oil myself though I am likely to find an independent next time with it being out of warranty.

All these dealers look for every opportunity to earn a little extra and of course there is Mazda's latest ruse, the DSR (digital service record) by which they try to blackmail you into using the franchised dealer. Then again I keep every bit of paper so that won't work with me once the car is out of warranty.

Must admit I have found Mazda dealers to be VERY variable. Generally the smaller family concerns seem to do better.

Last edited:
My neighbour down the road has just took delivery of his new red cx-5, traded in his Volvo for it.

They have sold him the old model!

No memory seat is the give away, plus the space saver he ordered has not arrived, they only had 3 months to source one.

My neighbour down the road has just took delivery of his new red cx-5, traded in his Volvo for it.

They have sold him the old model!

No memory seat is the give away, plus the space saver he ordered has not arrived, they only had 3 months to source one.

This also happened to a friend of mine a few years back with a Citroen C5. Dealer showed and test drove the new model with him and then supplied a previous year model when he came to collect the car. Friend went legal and the dealer squeezed out of it by pointing to some clause about the spec being subject to change and the order form not specifying the exact model year car my friend was ordering. .......and they wonder why the trade has a bad name.

Got the car back yesterday.

Tech says battery is ok, even though his print out shows the battery volts at 12.35 volts, and SOC at 85%, state of charge.
Talking to another owner he says his shows around 12.7 volts.

I know you can't rely purely on voltage readings with batteries, but it must be some indication.?

Last edited:
This also happened to a friend of mine a few years back with a Citroen C5. Dealer showed and test drove the new model with him and then supplied a previous year model when he came to collect the car. Friend went legal and the dealer squeezed out of it by pointing to some clause about the spec being subject to change and the order form not specifying the exact model year car my friend was ordering. .......and they wonder why the trade has a bad name.

I bought a brand new 2003 Vauxhall zafira. I was aware that the 2003.5 model was due out. it has a ski slot and clear rear indicator lights amongst other extra touches. I specifically asked for the new model year and the dealer wrote on the order 2003.5 MY. I suppose It's a case of caveat emptor. The Volvo guy mentioned above did get a new car but not new model year. It can work the other way. because they may drop a colour on the old model year that you liked etc. or the downsized the engine for efficiency. I would not have been impressed if I'd asked for the top of the range diesel expecting a 2.0 138 bhp kia but ending up with a 1.7 125 bhp one instead. newest isn't always better ;-)

Hi guys,

I bought a new CX-5 in January (here in Ireland). It's a platinum spec with nav. I have been plagued and I mean plagued with excessive wind noise from the drivers door. I see a few others have mentioned this in passing here. I'm wondering is there a UK Mazda forum or could I post a dedicated thread on here and specify (EU/UK) ? I think it might get lost in this thread.

My local dealer says there is a fix for the exessive wind noise on the driver's door. They ordered the parts in and my car is due to go in soon. Also to fix (for the 4th time) driver's window rattle when open.

Been in for my first service 3000 short of the 12500 and with supplying my own oil and filter mazda charged me 104.
Interesting to see how my car was treated by the staff as I have a video recorder in front of vehicle.As a EX vehicle engineer I was surprised to see no seat protector fitted the mechanic just jumped in.The so called first service was a quick light check followed by a change of radio station on my dab radio the oil and filter change took 23 mins .
I then observed the mechanic top my washer bottle with neat water out of a watering can he then drove my car out on a road test ? For a oil change! The best bit was I had a clean polished car when I went in I got a wet with a hint of broom brush treatment from the so called valet department .Will be doing it my self and using a friends reset oil light tool

I have the cream leather seats and would believe that my local dealer also uses no seat covers as both were seats covered in black marks upon visits to fix issues. You have stated DAB radio? I'm very intreagued? :)

My local dealer says there is a fix for the exessive wind noise on the driver's door. They ordered the parts in and my car is due to go in soon. Also to fix (for the 4th time) driver's window rattle when open.

Can you provide a TSB number, or described the fix?

Just wondering whether it would mine quieter.

I have the cream leather seats and would believe that my local dealer also uses no seat covers as both were seats covered in black marks upon visits to fix issues. You have stated DAB radio? I'm very intrigued? :)

I noticed some of the new Mazda cars now offer cream and black, which look pretty good, although I would like red and black myself.

My dealer tops up the washers and charges a fortune. For my wife's mazda 2 service a few weeks ago, I put a reminder in my phone to top it up before dropping the car off, pretty sure they were well annoyed when they saw it was full to the brim.

I was charged for washer fluid when i'd topped it up on my old Seat Ibiza. On querying with the garage they said the fluid mixture comes as part of an annual service kit. I pointed out that they didn't need to use the fluid they gave me two small bottles of concentrated washer fluid. that was a nice little wheeze think of all those that come with the service kit and arent used. Keeps the mechanics in free washer fluid? This was the first and only time I used that dealer, which was a shame because there were only 2 miles down the road. They didn't last much longer before going bust.

I have the cream leather seats and would believe that my local dealer also uses no seat covers as both were seats covered in black marks upon visits to fix issues. You have stated DAB radio? I'm very intreagued? :)
Hi fitted a DAB motion aireil fixed to rear screen paid 120

So my New Qashqai arrived at the dealers today and is having a few bits and bobs fitted and its PDI before I collect on Monday. So Monday I will wave goodbye to my CX-5 and move on. It's gone from a great feeling when I picked up my Mazda to another great feeling picking up my Qashqai. Sad really the CX-5 proved to be a lovely car let down by very poor build quality. I hope you guys continue to have many years of happy motoring in your CX-5's and I'll probably still look out for them on the roads! Keep the thread going! I can't believe it's got to nearly 1500 posts! Bye Bye, Applauso X

Applauso, we will miss you. After all it was you who set up the topic of "How many Brits fancy a cuppa?" Such a simple yet appropriate title which has given us guys (and girls) in Blighty our own mouthpiece.

A loss to us Mazda CX-5 owners, but hey-ho nothing is forever, and you are moving on.

Do pop in from time to time, and keep us up-to-date on the odd occasion on how you are enjoying your new found love-affair with the Nissan.

Alex

Applauso, we will miss you. After all it was you who set up the topic of "How many Brits fancy a cuppa?" Such a simple yet appropriate title which has given us guys (and girls) in Blighty our own mouthpiece.

A loss to us Mazda CX-5 owners, but hey-ho nothing is forever, and you are moving on.

Do pop in from time to time, and keep us up-to-date on the odd occasion on how you are enjoying your new found love-affair with the Nissan.

Alex
Thank you. And in the words of Arnie.......I'll be back. But for now I wish you all a fond farewell.

Back