How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

I have managed twice now to be reversing without the reversing camera on, as yet I haven't worked out how I've done it, too busy looking for traffic.

My CX-5 has about a one second delay from the time the transmission is shifted into reverse until the camera image is displayed on the screen.

At first it was annoying but somehow I managed to adapt to it in a week or two. After all, I drove the first 30 plus years of my life without ever having a backup camera. If the situation requires it's easy enough to pause that extra second.

No mines more than a second, I have to reverse slowly out off my 2.1m garage, so that's mirrors folded, then i'm going up a slope on the drive.

I would say it takes me around 2 mins to get onto the road.

I think it might just be a switch that detects reverse gear that's not quite making, when its happened before if I take it out of reverse and back in the camera comes on.

I'm not sure but it could just be due to pushing the phone button while reversing.

Ok today while reversing camera on, pushed the audio or phone screen not sure which and this came on and reversing camera stayed off, needed to come out of reverse and reselect to get it back on.

I don't recall this ever happening with the Xtrail reversing camera, so it looks like that's how the Mazda works.

Ok today while reversing camera on, pushed the audio or phone screen not sure which and this came on and reversing camera stayed off, needed to come out of reverse and reselect to get it back on.

I don't recall this ever happening with the Xtrail reversing camera, so it looks like that's how the Mazda works.

xtrailman,

So just to be clear, does the radio/satnav display come on and stay on by default when the car is started, or (like by current Golf) is it 'off' unless switched on manually?

The screen comes up automatically, at the moment I haven't paid attention to which screen it is.
I'll check when I get chance, wife drives the car a lot as we only have one car.

Whichever screen it starts on isn't of any concern for me as pushing a button sorts it.

What's caught me out is my present habit of checking the phone has connected just after reversing out of the garage while still in reverse gear clutch dipped, I've checked its connected, which it does not always, then carried on reversing only to see the screen isn't on the reversing screen.

The screen can be turned off if required.

I get by this by taking out of gear and back in again, i'm still getting use to the oddities of the car, after 9 years with xtrails you get use to a system.

xtrailman,

So just to be clear, does the radio/satnav display come on and stay on by default when the car is started, or (like by current Golf) is it 'off' unless switched on manually?

Just received an update from my local dealer - delivery still on for 17th Sep. Assume therefore that it's still on a boat.

Update Live services started working again today!

But phone failed to connect, I had to turn phone off and back on to connect.

Car is booked in Friday for Live services, now the damn thing is working, very frustrating.

Just received an update from my local dealer - delivery still on for 17th Sep. Assume therefore that it's still on a boat.

In zeebrugge (the european distribution port for mazda) just about to be put on a boat to the uk. If only takes 2 days to get from there to most ports in the uk.

They also do some prep on the cars there.

I saw a lot of mazda 2's at the dealer today with the zeebrugge delivery sheet still in the cars.

Mines due in 4th Sept. Planned pick up 6th.
Dealer told me my car was in Rotterdam? end of last week. So approx. 2 weeks leadtime until pick up from the Netherlands.

Of those UK CX5 SPORT customers who have recently received their cars...have you experienced any of the ongoing quality issues posted on the forum other than the live services. In particular the mirror and bonnet vibration issues?

In zeebrugge (the european distribution port for mazda) just about to be put on a boat to the uk. If only takes 2 days to get from there to most ports in the uk.

They also do some prep on the cars there.

I saw a lot of mazda 2's at the dealer today with the zeebrugge delivery sheet still in the cars.

Thanks and good to know. Shame my sales guy isn't aware of the process but did say their tracking system was rudementary! So taken together with Sopranos' post, once Mazda's system shows the car has arrived at port, it should be about 2 weeks longer until it's ready for my collection. Joy!

Update Live services started working again today!

But phone failed to connect, I had to turn phone off and back on to connect.

Car is booked in Friday for Live services, now the damn thing is working, very frustrating.

Will you be asking Mazda to give you another 3m TT live trial once the issue is resolved to your satisfaction?

Mines due in 4th Sept. Planned pick up 6th.
Dealer told me my car was in Rotterdam? end of last week. So approx. 2 weeks leadtime until pick up from the Netherlands.

Of those UK CX5 SPORT customers who have recently received their cars...have you experienced any of the ongoing quality issues posted on the forum other than the live services. In particular the mirror and bonnet vibration issues?

Do you know if the bonnet vibrates because it's structurally too weak or because it's not secured properly when shut? Having lifted the bonnet (it weighs a tonne compared to the aluminium bonnet I am used to) I would have thought it's more the latter.

Do you know if the bonnet vibrates because it's structurally too weak or because it's not secured properly when shut? Having lifted the bonnet (it weighs a tonne compared to the aluminium bonnet I am used to) I would have thought it's more the latter.

I have noticed the bonnet vibrate a bit. More so when its windy!? there is a fix for it as there is for the door mirrors. The bonnet flexing was due to lack of adhesive which should have been fixed for cx-5's delivered in 2013. Although there is a post on this forum somewhere to say they have the fault one of the latest cx-5's.

There is a post showing how to remove the heat insulation on the bonnet and how to check on the adhesive points.

gotta agree with you that the bonnet weighs a ton.

Yes I be giving them a ring.

My dealer says as already mentioned by others that Mazda and co or meeting to resolve the issue.

He has also told me a cool box is ordered for compensation, but not for the live services, but for the two 30 mile trips just to get mudflaps fitted, ordered with the car 3 months prior!

Live services have now been working 3 days, its mind blowing why it works one day but then can fail for weeks, when it works its really good.
Will you be asking Mazda to give you another 3m TT live trial once the issue is resolved to your satisfaction?

Initially when I lost "Live Services" for some considerable period (Feb 2013) Mazda gave me mud-flaps including fitting, reimbursed my costs regard the premature oil change as needed (reached the X after 6,000 miles) and have granted 50% off my next service.

Since then I have had 2 more unit replacements which involved two trips to the dealership every time, and loss of "Live Services"

Mine failed for the Fourth time 26th June, worked for three days in mid August, then dropped out after three days, not worked since.

I'm looking forward to a proper response from Mazda regards my issues including Six visits to the dealership as well as needless sitting on blocked Motorways (including 2 hours stationary 6 miles from home on the M5 on the hottest day of the year) all with regard to loss of "Live Services"

If & when this is finally resolved I will be approaching Tom Tom separately as I paid them for 12 Months, most of which I have not had the benefit.

Alex

My non-extensive and non-destructive testing has shown a lack of SCBS kicking in on my CX-5.

Update: Incorrect. Was nipping right round a roundabout and someone pulled out on me. Cue braking not performed by me, followed by manual deployment of horn and 'waving' out of window.

Pleased to know it's there.

D

Hi,

Well, have taken delivery of my CX-5 SEL Nav auto!

My initial thoughts are these. Firstly, have to say overall I did get a good service from my local Mazda dealer during the ordering and delivery process, no complaints. I did discuss in advance my concerns about firstly the 'oil rise' issue, and later the 'Live Services'; to an extent I was placated and assured any problems would be resolved by Mazda . . . we will see. Incidentally I was originally told I would get 20 of fuel, but in fact at delivery it was a full tank!

At the time of delivery my Galaxy 2 was paired with the NB1 unit, and worked (I could play music from my phone through the system) although I didn't try making a call. But now, it doesn't! It just says I have no phone connected, and when I try to select my phone shown in the bluetooth Setup page, I go round in circles. And of course, Live Services doesn't work, no surprises there. Presumably Live Services and ability to use mobile phone aren't linked in some way??

As for the car, really nice, like it. Steering very good, ditto brakes, throttle response, auto change, etc. There's enough power for me and acceleration seems good but my engineering background says don't thrash it, so I'm not going to! Have checked the oil level before starting - it's just at the 2nd hole from the end of the dipstick (type SHO1 10 450C). When I opened the bonnet I was looking forward to seeing the Blue engine cover, err, but no, just grey, pity! (Presumably only on the Sport).

Hardly tried the Nav system, but seems OK, but still struggling to understand what I should have (from LS) versus what I've actually got. Lot to learn. I do like the local 'speed limit' displayed at the bottom of the screen, and also next to it the actual GPS car speed (something I didn't have in the Golf). So I can immediately see that the car speedometer over reads by 2-4 mph, useful on those aweful 50 mph 'Average Speed Camera' sections.

Outside the car, what are these bizarre stiff fabric/cardboard rear wheel arch liners? They're held in place with barely hand-tight plastic nuts - what's their purpose? Looks like they will fall to pieces when they get wet, muddy, etc! I occasionally power wash my wheel arches, but if I did that I think the water jet would knock them off! I wonder if they are temporary devices which the dealer has forgotten to remove. Any ideas?

That's it for now.

Hi,

Well, have taken delivery of my CX-5 SEL Nav auto!

My initial thoughts are these. Firstly, have to say overall I did get a good service from my local Mazda dealer during the ordering and delivery process, no complaints. I did discuss in advance my concerns about firstly the 'oil rise' issue, and later the 'Live Services'; to an extent I was placated and assured any problems would be resolved by Mazda . . . we will see. Incidentally I was originally told I would get 20 of fuel, but in fact at delivery it was a full tank!

As for the car, really nice, like it. Steering very good, ditto brakes, throttle response, auto change, etc. There's enough power for me and acceleration seems good but my engineering background says don't thrash it, so I'm not going to! Have checked the oil level before starting - it's just at the 2nd hole from the end of the dipstick (type SHO1 10 450C). When I opened the bonnet I was looking forward to seeing the Blue engine cover, err, but no, just grey, pity! (Presumably only on the Sport).

Outside the car, what are these bizarre stiff fabric/cardboard rear wheel arch liners? They're held in place with barely hand-tight plastic nuts - what's their purpose? Looks like they will fall to pieces when they get wet, muddy, etc! I occasionally power wash my wheel arches, but if I did that I think the water jet would knock them off! I wonder if they are temporary devices which the dealer has forgotten to remove. Any ideas?

That's it for now.

The oil level appears stable for me ATM, but I am checking it every 1000miles. If it gets through the cooler weather til january (service date) i'd say it was sorted. You've most likely had all the fixes available that are required. the second hole is the full hole. There was a period where they were only filling to 80% of full, to 'buy' time re: oil level rising until they had a fix. That in itself is a positive sign.

Re: blue cover I think that was just for the launch year.

re: wheel arch liners. I think they are weight saving wheel arch protectors. I thought the same as you , re: will they work? , but they seem great so far.

Mine is being delivered 12th Sept. Very excited but also p'd off that the TomTom and USB issues are still ongoing. Will report back regarding bonnet/mirror shakes etc, fingers crossed!

Will Soon Be An Owner

Hi all

New to the site today. To cut a long story short we are on holiday on the Isle of Wight at the moment and I've test driven a 2.2L Diesel 175hp Sport Nav manual and I thought what a brilliant car. The option I would be considering (but no demo in until later this week) is an SE-L Nav 2WD 150HP Auto. What is the main difference in handling, road noise and responsiveness compared to the version I tried earlier this week?

Also, I noticed no door mirror vibration or bonnet movement whist driving over some very rough potholed roads. We would like to purchase from the IOW when next on holiday so we get a "HW" prefix on the number plate plus the salesman at Northwood Garage in Cowes was the most helpful I've ever come across in my new car buying activities.

Update 10/09/2013

Tried the auto version today and definitely made my mind up that my next car will be a CX5 Auto. It drove like a dream and it confirmed to me how good the ride, handling and road noise was. Rob at Northwood Garage Cowes was as helpful as before. Just got to time it right with finances and trade in etc and might end up buying one sooner rather than later as I was so impressed.

Car delivered on 6th November, will be going to pick up next weekend. Another excuse for a short break on the Isle of Wight(dance)

Cheers all

Jonno21

Last edited:
Back