How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Doesn't google search require the lives services?

You won't get the weather forecast either.

From the Tom Tom forum. No doubt nearly everyone has seen this, but just in case........

From, Ditte
Staff

Re: Mazda CX-5 build in NB-1 Tomtom navigation system - 3G module not active/working
OPTIONS
9 hours ago

Hi all,

Thank you for your continued feedback. We much appreciate it!

To be clear, TomTom and our partners are putting a lot of effort into finding the root cause and solving the LIVE issues you're experiencing. We take our customers very seriously and are planning a fix for this very complex issue, whilst also investigating further improvements. Unfortunately we cannot provide a date yet, but we assure you that this has a lot of attention.

All the best,
Ditte

From the Tom Tom forum. No doubt nearly everyone has seen this, but just in case........

From, Ditte
Staff

Re: Mazda CX-5 build in NB-1 Tomtom navigation system - 3G module not active/working
OPTIONS
9 hours ago

Hi all,

Thank you for your continued feedback. We much appreciate it!

To be clear, TomTom and our partners are putting a lot of effort into finding the root cause and solving the LIVE issues you're experiencing. We take our customers very seriously and are planning a fix for this very complex issue, whilst also investigating further improvements. Unfortunately we cannot provide a date yet, but we assure you that this has a lot of attention.

All the best,
Ditte

I've heard that 'they' are looking into using a data network rather than a phone network

How will that work?

Not 100% sure but it makes sense cost wise - why pay for voice and data when you just use data. As part of my job i oversee approximately 5000 vehicles with trackers in them. We use data only SIM's as apparently we get better data coverage.

Not sure if its related but in Southampton approximately 6-8 months ago all of the parking ticket machines stopped accepting card payments. Turns out it was an issue with Vodafone SIM cards, essentially they had all stopped working..i'm pretty sure that's who TomTom use in the UK.

Not 100% sure but it makes sense cost wise - why pay for voice and data when you just use data. As part of my job i oversee approximately 5000 vehicles with trackers in them. We use data only SIM's as apparently we get better data coverage.

Not sure if its related but in Southampton approximately 6-8 months ago all of the parking ticket machines stopped accepting card payments. Turns out it was an issue with Vodafone SIM cards, essentially they had all stopped working..i'm pretty sure that's who TomTom use in the UK.

I'm not too sure whether Vodafone is at fault or not. To be fair to them their mobile service is pretty stable.

My trackers are though a company called Verilocation which uses the Orange network as a reporting medium, in the area my vehicles cover (Somerset, Dorset & Devon) Orange are not the best but nevertheless the signal/reporting is very stable. Therefore it stands to reason that Vodafone would be equal if not better in performance.

I would imagine these sim-cards are data only, which should be even better than voice type as they will be using something similar to a binary system.

We are now in the hands of the boffins.

Alex

I emailed Mazda UK about 2 weeks ago regarding the Live Services issue and their plans for dealing with it. I got this reply TODAY...

Thank you for your email.

Mazda are aware of some issues and are working closely with Tom Tom, Panasonic, Vodafone and Mazda Corporation to resolve any problems.

We will remain to keep our customers and Mazda dealerships aware of updates to the situation and would like to reassure you we are working as quickly as possible for a resolution.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to call me on 08457 48 48 48. We are here between 8.00am to 6.00PM Monday to Friday.

Best regards

Customer Services
Mazda Motors UK Limited

I emailed Mazda UK about 2 weeks ago regarding the Live Services issue and their plans for dealing with it. I got this reply TODAY...

Thank you for your email.

Mazda are aware of some issues and are working closely with Tom Tom, Panasonic, Vodafone and Mazda Corporation to resolve any problems.

We will remain to keep our customers and Mazda dealerships aware of updates to the situation and would like to reassure you we are working as quickly as possible for a resolution.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to call me on 08457 48 48 48. We are here between 8.00am to 6.00PM Monday to Friday.

Best regards

Customer Services
Mazda Motors UK Limited

I recently enquried and got a similar response that there are 4 companies involved in identifying the root cause and implementing the fix.

I'm going to suggest to Mazda UK that I won't activate TomTom live services until the issue is fixed and expect them to honour that so I do not lose the 3 month free trial period.

Just read this post on TT Discussion board..
Talks about dealer responses to live services issue.....

They have been (today) instructed by Mazda UK not to replace any more units until further notice. Again no time scales but it seems, at last, we have acknowledgement that this is actually being seriously looked at.

We wait in anticipation...

I can confirm that on Tuesday of this week I was told exactly that. The dealer told me not to bring it back if I had further problems but instead, go to TT.

It must be frustrating for you guys that have sat nav as an extra feature I can't help noticing that it seems a blame game going on what happened to product testing before going on sale for reliability ?

It must be frustrating for you guys that have sat nav as an extra feature I can't help noticing that it seems a blame game going on what happened to product testing before going on sale for reliability ?

The main thing for me is the sat nav which works. Every time something is done to rectify the Live Services, the dealer gets a new map (if one is due) and a further 3 months of Live. So when .... it is all fixed (cough) at least I will have a new map and Live for x months. But I agree, this should have been spotted in testing. In fact my car was just about the first to show and me report the problem.

I can confirm that on Tuesday of this week I was told exactly that. The dealer told me not to bring it back if I had further problems but instead, go to TT.

Your contract is with the dealer and I assume the law stipulates that is the seller that needs to sort the issue out, not some 3rd party. I'd be pushing my dealer to be giving me updates and keeping me fully informed.

Your contract is with the dealer and I assume the law stipulates that is the seller that needs to sort the issue out, not some 3rd party. I'd be pushing my dealer to be giving me updates and keeping me fully informed.

I was originally told the opposite from my dealer i.e. it was for them to sort it out (but I still contacted TT)

my dealer said contact TT, which I have, TT then said contact dealer.

So as far as I'm concerned I'm just being f$$$$d about.

Its booked into dealer but I don't expect a result.

Interesting updates. I bought 12 months live services back in early December only to find they wouldn't work - had the blank details on the network screen, no SIM / IMEI details etc, which I think many have experienced.
I opened a case with TomTom, no joy, so they refunded me while I took it up with dealer. While waiting to see dealer (early January), the network screen started showing the IMEI and SIM details again, so signed up again for 12 months live - I put it down to a Vodafone issue personally, albeit without any hard evidence.
Has been absolutely fine ever since - takes a few minutes at startup to show the live traffic, but otherwise works as expected.
Note, from memory i think they ditched google search a while ago - you now get a TomTom local places search instead, nowhere near as good.

my dealer said contact TT, which I have, TT then said contact dealer.

So as far as I'm concerned I'm just being f$$$$d about.

Its booked into dealer but I don't expect a result.

Ignore what the dealers says and find out what your legal rights are. Contact Citizens Advice if need be to understand what steps should be taken in these circumstances. It pays in the long run to follow the correct procedure in case things get worse later on, i.e. follow up with recorded letter to dealer / email with the appropriate language that CA will provide, etc, etc. There are only a certain number of times for example that the dealer can attemp to fix certain problems before a car can be rejected.

One only has to read WhatCar? or AutoExpress to see the ignorance of dealers when it comes to a buyer's legal rights.

Hi,

A query for UK CX5 Sport owners; when reverse is selected does the reversing camera come on automatically, or only if the radio/satnav display is turned on?

I'm asking, because I'm considering buying an aftermarket reversing camera (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-2014...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item460f825b41). This camera will apparently integrate with my NB1 Sat Nav, just plugs in, but it suddenly occurred to me that unless the display is triggered by selecting reverse then it won't be much use - I can't see myself bothering to switch the unit on every time I want to reverse.

Incidentally, has anyone else here bought this item? I know from the 'Car audio & electronics' thread that it has been fitted by some owners in N America.

Thanks.

Hi,

A query for UK CX5 Sport owners; when reverse is selected does the reversing camera come on automatically, or only if the radio/satnav display is turned on?

I'm asking, because I'm considering buying an aftermarket reversing camera (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-2014...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item460f825b41). This camera will apparently integrate with my NB1 Sat Nav, just plugs in, but it suddenly occurred to me that unless the display is triggered by selecting reverse then it won't be much use - I can't see myself bothering to switch the unit on every time I want to reverse.

Incidentally, has anyone else here bought this item? I know from the 'Car audio & electronics' thread that it has been fitted by some owners in N America.

Thanks.

Automatically, I think. Mines never not come on - if that makes sense.

I have managed twice now to be reversing without the reversing camera on, as yet I haven't worked out how I've done it, too busy looking for traffic.

Back