How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

ALL the parking sensors should ALWAYS come on automatically immediately when you select REVERSE gear, I.e. both front and back will come on together. The sensors will stay on until the speed of the vehicle exceeds about 5 mph at which point they will switch off. So, for example, if you are parallel parking with a reverse movement as your first maneouvre your sensors will work both front and back as you shuffle into the space.

However if your FIRST manoeuvring movement is FORWARDS e.g driving forward into a parking space then you need to activate the sensors MANUALLY by pushing the button on the dash. The sensors should not come on automatically if you have not first engaged reverse gear. This is the way they have worked on my last 5 cars so seems to be the industry accepted procedure.

They should never come on automatically at the front otherwise they would activate every time you pulled up behind a car in queuing traffic.

That's good to know, exactly what I am used to as well.

Correction have umbrella up now, maybe it was there yesterday but I didn't notice.
Also no signal.

Email sent to TT.
Thank again Alex.

No symbol on our screen.
What flashed up yesterday when I pushed my services was a error code and the words something like phone tomtom, unfortunately the error message hasn't come up since, so I don't recall the number, it was 3 or 4 numbers long.

Correction have umbrella up now, maybe it was there yesterday but I didn't notice.
Also no signal.

Email sent to TT.
After almost 10 weeks of faultless use I now have the dreaded umbrella and no signal, sent email to TT am told to do a factory reset, I haven't done so yet I have asked if this will take my favorites out.

After almost 10 weeks of faultless use I now have the dreaded umbrella and no signal, sent email to TT am told to do a factory reset, I haven't done so yet I have asked if this will take my favorites out.

Yes you will lose favourites should you do a reset. Every time I have phoned TomTom I've done it whilst in the car so we can go through the routine together, which always culminates in them telling me to go to Mazda.

I gave up adding favourites as I don't seem to keep a unit long enough, instead I just look at recent journey history if there happens to be any and use that instead.

Last time they (TomTom) sent an e-mail to my Mazda Dealer telling them to replace the unit, and copied me in. I have since sent Mazda a copy and a further reminder as well as a request for escalation, and have still not heard back from them.

Denial is not a river that runs out of Egypt!

Alex

I'm going to phone TT tomorrow about the live services, but meanwhile I thought I would update my map.

On TT home2 I've click tools and selected "use latest map guarantee", but then I get a message saying its more than 90 days since I activated my account!

So am I doing something wrong?

I tried the 3 months live services when I bought the car but never bothered after the trial period. I have the "umbrella" sign showing. If I was to buy the live services would this umbrella sign stop it working or is it there coz I don't currently subscribe?

Thanks very much Perusal.
This is my first car with sensors, only had the camera on my last car.

My car works exactly as you described.I actually discovered today when I pulled up to put the car into the garage, no sensor light on, so I thought try reverse gear, and yes the light came on, then drove into garage forwards and sensors worked up front.

I happy that my system is working as intended, but this is my first car with sensors and I don't think they should be designed to work like this.

To me the front sensor range is only 1M, so they should never go off in traffic, its bad driving to park that close in a queue?
So I think they should work all round under 6mph.

But thanks again for your accurate description, its a shame the manual doesn't say the same.
So every time I park into my narrow garage I either have to push the button or stop go into rev and then drive forwards.

Hi Xtrail & perusal.

Yup it seems the bible needs an adjustment. I can just about understand the logic for activating the front sensors when you engage reverse, The front behaviour i'd prefer to set in the vehicle options.

I'm going to phone TT tomorrow about the live services, but meanwhile I thought I would update my map.

On TT home2 I've click tools and selected "use latest map guarantee", but then I get a message saying its more than 90 days since I activated my account!

So am I doing something wrong?

That message will appear once once your 3 Month trial has expired. I seem to recall you might not have had your car for the three months yet; in which case, did your dealer set you up on line?

I assume you are registered with TomTom? In which case all is not lost as all you need do is phone them with your log-on details and they will initiate your set-up. Make sure you are at your PC at the time and connected of course.

However if you have the "umbrella of death" they probably will be telling you to go to Mazda to get it "sorted" (Note the inverted commas)

Best of luck.

Alex

My CX-5 is now estimated to be at the dealership on 4th September as opposed to middle/end October - excited!

My delivery date has (this week) been pushed back to 17th Sep. From placing the order at start of June has changed from mid-Aug> 20th Oct > 10th Sep > 17th Sep. I expect that the rate of deviation from expected day will decrease as time to delivery decreases. My dealer has now promised to call me every week with an update.

For those that have ordered a space saver spare wheel - my dealer has advised that it comes as part of the factory order and therefore they do not have to source separately from Mazda UK.

Hi Xtrail & perusal.

Yup it seems the bible needs an adjustment. I can just about understand the logic for activating the front sensors when you engage reverse, The front behaviour i'd prefer to set in the vehicle options.

Do the front sensors activate when reverse is selected pls? I jolly well hope so! I find this feature very helpful when reversing, especially when applying steering lock at the same tims, so that the front does not catch with say, either a parked car alongside or garage opening.

My delivery date has (this week) been pushed back to 17th Sep. From placing the order at start of June has changed from mid-Aug> 20th Oct > 10th Sep > 17th Sep. I expect that the rate of deviation from expected day will decrease as time to delivery decreases. My dealer has now promised to call me every week with an update.

For those that have ordered a space saver spare wheel - my dealer has advised that it comes as part of the factory order and therefore they do not have to source separately from Mazda UK.

Sandicliffe have one in the showroom, actually two but one is sold.

That message will appear once once your 3 Month trial has expired. I seem to recall you might not have had your car for the three months yet; in which case, did your dealer set you up on line?

I assume you are registered with TomTom? In which case all is not lost as all you need do is phone them with your log-on details and they will initiate your set-up. Make sure you are at your PC at the time and connected of course.

However if you have the "umbrella of death" they probably will be telling you to go to Mazda to get it "sorted" (Note the inverted commas)

Best of luck.

Alex

Alex
I got a quick result with the map update, TT downloaded map 910 for me which took around 2 hours to load to the card.

Unfortunately I have spoken to TT while sat in the car in a futile attempt to resolve the live services issue.

Done the factory reset as directed and same result, so I've lost all my locations stored, not happy.

TT say Mazda will need to check the sim card is working, so you were correct as expected.

Now get this for a laugh, earliest date I can book in at Sandicliffe nott is 26 sept, yes sept!.

I've phoned the salesman that sold me the car and he's trying to get something sorted for me, still waiting for his call.

I have been contacting TT via email , told them this morning that the reset had not worked and have just received this reply.............

This is Ellen at TomTom Customer Support.

I cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this challenge. I have sent your question to our 2nd line technical department.

I hope to have an answer for you as soon as possible, please bear with us while we find a solution for your query.

With Kind Regards
I wont hold my breath

Alex
I got a quick result with the map update, TT downloaded map 910 for me which took around 2 hours to load to the card.

Unfortunately I have spoken to TT while sat in the car in a futile attempt to resolve the live services issue.

Done the factory reset as directed and same result, so I've lost all my locations stored, not happy.

TT say Mazda will need to check the sim card is working, so you were correct as expected.

Now get this for a laugh, earliest date I can book in at Sandicliffe nott is 26 sept, yes sept!.

I've phoned the salesman that sold me the car and he's trying to get something sorted for me, still waiting for his call.

When you take the car in, are they going to actually do something, or just suck through their teeth and then tell you what you already know? This has been the thing that has aggravated my complaint. I wait until the dealer fits me in, drive to the showroom and they do just that, meaning tell me there is a problem and then order a replacement unit. That means every time they decide to replace I have to take a trip down the motorway & sit in the showroom TWICE per unit replacement. The dealer insists this is upon Mazda's insistence as they cannot proceed without undertaking an initial investigation first.

To be in the position I am now in where I have e-mailed Mazda twice as well as entered on their "contact us" portal with case numbers, they have not responded is appalling. That in my opinion is insulting and poor customer service to the extreme.

Take a look at this link on the TomTom Forums TOMTOM BUILT-IN FORUM This seems specific to Mazda, and reinforces the debate even further.

Some people are threatening to go legal.

Sad state of affairs.

Alex

Had the exact same message today.
I emailed TT but didn't get a quick response so phoned them this morning

phone 0845 161 0009

I have been contacting TT via email , told them this morning that the reset had not worked and have just received this reply.............

This is Ellen at TomTom Customer Support.

I cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this challenge. I have sent your question to our 2nd line technical department.

I hope to have an answer for you as soon as possible, please bear with us while we find a solution for your query.

With Kind Regards
I wont hold my breath

When you take the car in, are they going to actually do something, or just suck through their teeth and then tell you what you already know? This has been the thing that has aggravated my complaint. I wait until the dealer fits me in, drive to the showroom and they do just that, meaning tell me there is a problem and then order a replacement unit. That means every time they decide to replace I have to take a trip down the motorway & sit in the showroom TWICE per unit replacement. The dealer insists this is upon Mazda's insistence as they cannot proceed without undertaking an initial investigation first.

To be in the position I am now in where I have e-mailed Mazda twice as well as entered on their "contact us" portal with case numbers, they have not responded is appalling. That in my opinion is insulting and poor customer service to the extreme.

Take a look at this link on the TomTom Forums TOMTOM BUILT-IN FORUM This seems specific to Mazda, and reinforces the debate even further.

Some people are threatening to go legal.

Sad state of affairs.

Alex

When I spoke to the salesman on my last visit having the front flaps fitted due to they ordering the rears twice (two 30 mile trips), I did mention lives services were no working.

He said phone TT as we have taken them out tested them and found no fault, so yes I suspect youre right, the salesman also thought the problem was the map card, I had to explain that the unit used a sim card, just hope the techs know what to check.

He said phone TT as we have taken them out tested them and found no fault, so yes I suspect youre right, the salesman also thought the problem was the map card, I had to explain that the unit used a sim card, just hope the techs know what to check.

Had exactly the same, the service manager argued with me that there was not a sim-card and boldly suggested "The card you are referring to SIR is the the SD card". I explained that my fleet of vans had trackers which although uses GPS the information gets back via a sim-card through the mobile network. August last year I had to replace all the tracker cards as the service provider was changing to a different network.

I got the impression there was possibly a lack of training on the units with regard to the dealerships.

Alex

Somebody just pointed me in the direction of this article in Fleet News HIT THIS LINK Feel free to add to the thread, and you don't need a log-in. I chose to do one however as it may add gravitas.

Getting to the point now where perhaps a Blitzkrieg tactic may have an effect.

Alex

Alex

Sounds like the dealership can't cope with the amount of 63' reg cars about to be put on the road..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back