How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Yes it's very informative.

But it also says in the manual don't rev a cold engine.

My neighbors must think I'm a complete prat with the noise the engine makes while its conserving the cat, while at the same time prematurely wearing the engine, and killing my economy.

Its more irritating for me as I garage my car, so I need to carefully reverse out through a 2.1M entrance, which involves folding the mirrors, so I have no choice but wait for the revs to die out before I slip the clutch to reverse slowly.

Its more irritating for me as I garage my car, so I need to carefully reverse out through a 2.1M entrance, which involves folding the mirrors, so I have no choice but wait for the revs to die out before I slip the clutch to reverse slowly.
I thought my garage was narrow at about 2.36M (93"). I don't have to fold my mirrors but I have to be careful.

My CX-5 is now estimated to be at the dealership on 4th September as opposed to middle/end October - excited!

Hi,

A question: when I negotiated the deal with my local Mazda agent I was offered a P/X allowance on my current car. The car was not inspected, and apart from the obvious make/model, registration, etc I was only asked for the mileage and any damage, to which I gave an honest reply. This P/X amount is shown on the contract, along with the other bits and pieces, accessories, etc, and a 'balance due from customer' figure at the bottom.

Bearing in mind there will be around 3 months elapsed between the original signed agreement and my taking delivery of the new car next month, I'm surprised there's nothing written on the document about any limitation to the extra mileage that will inevitably be on the car, nor about any change in condition that might have occurred.

Does anyone have any experience of what happens on the day when the old car is swapped for the new? When I go in to collect the CX-5 the last thing I want to happen is for them to start querying the condition, mileage, etc of the P/X, or even trying to renegotiate the allowance, particularly as it was never inspected in the first place. I hasten to add I have kept the 'new' mileage reasonable, about the same monthly rate as before.

Carefully reverse in the garage and drive out normally!
Though that is not possible, you gave me an idea. I could back in to begin with. Which would actually be better getting from the driveway onto the street as well since I am near a blind curve. Unfortunately the backing in part would be even worse.

Hi,

A question: when I negotiated the deal with my local Mazda agent I was offered a P/X allowance on my current car. The car was not inspected, and apart from the obvious make/model, registration, etc I was only asked for the mileage and any damage, to which I gave an honest reply. This P/X amount is shown on the contract, along with the other bits and pieces, accessories, etc, and a 'balance due from customer' figure at the bottom.

Bearing in mind there will be around 3 months elapsed between the original signed agreement and my taking delivery of the new car next month, I'm surprised there's nothing written on the document about any limitation to the extra mileage that will inevitably be on the car, nor about any change in condition that might have occurred.

Does anyone have any experience of what happens on the day when the old car is swapped for the new? When I go in to collect the CX-5 the last thing I want to happen is for them to start querying the condition, mileage, etc of the P/X, or even trying to renegotiate the allowance, particularly as it was never inspected in the first place. I hasten to add I have kept the 'new' mileage reasonable, about the same monthly rate as before.

I was given a p/x price of 3500 in September with the proviso that it could go down a few 100 pounds when the car was due to be delivered 4 months later in january. When the delivery date was confirmed later December the dealer said he would honor the price. I went to www.webuyanycar.com and got a price of 3900, so I booked an appointment and sold my car there and then for 3800. (they always knock a bit off but i was still 300 better off).

The dealer had seen the proposed p/ex when he asked about mileage I gave an estimated figure of what the January millage would be, which was accurate. I'd suggest you get the dealer to see the car and to confirm the condition. Then try and get a better price elsewhere. I sold my old zafira the same way and again was better to the tune of 300. Back then I had a 70 mile trip to the nearest drop off point, but this time they had an outlet only 8 miles down the road.

When I turned up without the p/ex the dealer wasn't bothered. but you might want to confirm that with yours first.

Can anyone tell me if the on/off button for the parking sensors requires operating every time I park up?

I'm finding the switch is lit up sometimes and other times its not, surly I'm not expected to switch it on every time I park up?

One more from Norfolk with a CX 5 2.2D Nav in Soul Red. Mileage to date only 180. No comments as yet.

Parking Sensor activation

Can anyone tell me if the on/off button for the parking sensors requires operating every time I park up?

I'm finding the switch is lit up sometimes and other times its not, surly I'm not expected to switch it on every time I park up?

After 4 months and 4,000 miles, I have still not worked it out. The illuminated switch, visual display and tone show that the reversing sensors come on automatically every time I select reverse. When I drive forward towards a stationary object the sensors are only activated automatically maybe 20% of the time in what seem to me to be identical situations. The rest of the time I have to switch the sensors on manually.
Does anybody else get this?

My live services failed yesterday, has anyone had the same issue?

After 4 months and 4,000 miles, I have still not worked it out. The illuminated switch, visual display and tone show that the reversing sensors come on automatically every time I select reverse. When I drive forward towards a stationary object the sensors are only activated automatically maybe 20% of the time in what seem to me to be identical situations. The rest of the time I have to switch the sensors on manually.
Does anybody else get this?

Looking through the manual yesterday, the sensors should work under speeds of 6mph.

so as far as I'm concerned the switch light should come on under that speed. ignition has to be on, car in a forward gear.
When switch is pressed a beep sound should be heard, we don't hear one.
section 4-161

I think I may have mentioned something.

Are you seeing the symbol bottom left of map screen that looks like a radar beam with a line through it, or as some say like an umbrella? I so this will be not down to TomTom (So they tell me) but is supposedly a hardware issue.

I'm still awaiting replies to my e-mails to Mazda.

Alex

Last edited:

It definitely comes on automatically when engaging reverse. the front sensors pickup objects from 100cm and the rear from 150cm. I tend to reverse park mostly unless I need to get in the boot. (Quicker getaway)

From the bible :)

The system can be used when the ignition is switched ON.
The sensors detect obstructions under the following conditions:
Sensor ------ Condition
Front Sensor ------The shift lever is in any position except reverse (R), and the vehicle speed is about 10 km/h (6 mph) or less.
Front Corner Sensor ------The vehicle speed is about 10 km/h (6 mph) or less.
Rear Sensor ------ The shift lever is in reverse (R).
Rear Corner Sensor -----The shift lever is in reverse (R), and the vehicle speed is about 10 km/h (6 mph) or less.

Looking through the manual yesterday, the sensors should work under speeds of 6mph.

so as far as I'm concerned the switch light should come on under that speed. ignition has to be on, car in a forward gear.
When switch is pressed a beep sound should be heard, we don't hear one.
section 4-161

On the odd occasion when I'm forward parking and getting to close to an obstacle I 'chicken out' and press the button to get the display on the screen!

Ours went off on Friday whilst on holiday in the Black Isle, Cromarty, would have helped a lot on the return journey around Edinburgh.
Umbrella symbol showing, no sim card info on network page, but last 2 mornings on first start it tries to connect.
Suppose its back to Tomtom and reset/ lose favourites/ its a hardware fault.......Mazda swap ..

ALL the parking sensors should ALWAYS come on automatically immediately when you select REVERSE gear, I.e. both front and back will come on together. The sensors will stay on until the speed of the vehicle exceeds about 5 mph at which point they will switch off. So, for example, if you are parallel parking with a reverse movement as your first maneouvre your sensors will work both front and back as you shuffle into the space.

However if your FIRST manoeuvring movement is FORWARDS e.g driving forward into a parking space then you need to activate the sensors MANUALLY by pushing the button on the dash. The sensors should not come on automatically if you have not first engaged reverse gear. This is the way they have worked on my last 5 cars so seems to be the industry accepted procedure.

They should never come on automatically at the front otherwise they would activate every time you pulled up behind a car in queuing traffic.

Last edited:
Thanks very much Perusal.
This is my first car with sensors, only had the camera on my last car.

My car works exactly as you described.I actually discovered today when I pulled up to put the car into the garage, no sensor light on, so I thought try reverse gear, and yes the light came on, then drove into garage forwards and sensors worked up front.

I happy that my system is working as intended, but this is my first car with sensors and I don't think they should be designed to work like this.

To me the front sensor range is only 1M, so they should never go off in traffic, its bad driving to park that close in a queue?
So I think they should work all round under 6mph.

But thanks again for your accurate description, its a shame the manual doesn't say the same.
So every time I park into my narrow garage I either have to push the button or stop go into rev and then drive forwards.

ALL the parking sensors should ALWAYS come on automatically immediately when you select REVERSE gear, I.e. both front and back will come on together. The sensors will stay on until the speed of the vehicle exceeds about 5 mph at which point they will switch off. So, for example, if you are parallel parking with a reverse movement as your first maneouvre your sensors will work both front and back as you shuffle into the space.

However if your FIRST manoeuvring movement is FORWARDS e.g driving forward into a parking space then you need to activate the sensors MANUALLY by pushing the button on the dash. The sensors should not come on automatically if you have not first engaged reverse gear. This is the way they have worked on my last 5 cars so seems to be the industry accepted procedure.

They should never come on automatically at the front otherwise they would activate every time you pulled up behind a car in queuing traffic.

Thank again Alex.

No symbol on our screen.
What flashed up yesterday when I pushed my services was a error code and the words something like phone tomtom, unfortunately the error message hasn't come up since, so I don't recall the number, it was 3 or 4 numbers long.

I think I may have mentioned something.

Are you seeing the symbol bottom left of map screen that looks like a radar beam with a line through it, or as some say like an umbrella? I so this will be not down to TomTom (So they tell me) but is supposedly a hardware issue.

I'm still awaiting replies to my e-mails to Mazda.

Alex

Anyone on here from South Wales (Newport Mazda) been to Dyrham Park just north of Bath today Weds 14th August. If so Spotted.

Like the colour as quite rare in the UK.

Alex

Back