Hatchkitten's Protege5 Thread!

Oh.. I thought Aeffles was the guy and hatchkitten the girl. I have been proved wrong LOL! Yeah I'm not allowed to touch the p5 anymore until i get her a new 6. so I just deal with the GA.

*sigh* I am the guy. No idea why she felt obligated to refer to me as the wife... shes crazy.

Aside from that, we worked on the car today, I'll save the juicy details for her to unravel. It is her thread after all.

*sigh* I am the guy. No idea why she felt obligated to refer to me as the wife... shes crazy.

Aside from that, we worked on the car today, I'll save the juicy details for her to unravel. It is her thread after all.

Yeah Aeffles is my boy <3. Calling him wifey was my attempt at being funny...FAIL

Yeah so we worked on the car Friday and Saturday. Took off the factory stickers that i've been too lazy to take off my car. Got my Mazda 6 rear wiper installed, looks and works great. Got my Mazdaspeed axelback exhaust in. Was a b**** with the rust on the bolts and no one knowing what size the goddamn bolt was for the mazdaspeed threads (3/8 1.25 btw). Used a good amount of PB blaster over the course of two days and it was still rusted over and took a lot of Marks man power to nudge it loose. All i know is i love it.

I'll post a video soon. But all in all my advice is that if you can pick one up...Pick it up. It looks great and sounds even better. Quite similar to a WRX and (sorry mark!) I think its louder than Marks exhaust... i forget what one it is...hks? borla? not sure...fail

(dunno)(huh)(dunno)(huh)(dunno)(huh)(dunno)(huh)
MARK WHAT KINDA EXHAUST DO YOU HAS!?!!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MARK!!!!!

PIC_0308.jpg

^ the work area
PIC_0300.jpg

^ the problem...
PIC_0305.jpg

^ some 2 hours and hard work later (thanks mark)
PIC_0306.jpg

^ Bai Bai old exhaust
PIC_0307.jpg

^ Helloooo new Mazdaspeed exhaust

Yeah, I have an HKS. It's not louder, per say, but most likely has a tad bit of a deeper rumble to it.

I dunno about P5s, but the HKS is close to, if not the loudest exhaust they make for the 3, aside from the fact I'm not turbo'd or anything so I don't have a full downpipe and whatnot to add to the loudness of the exhaust, it is a full exhaust, not just a catback.

It's loud, and the intake I have adds to a bit of the throaty low tones on the lower end of the revs, but it's not a full out loud exhaust.

As I said, the exhaust on her car is lovely. A nice quite rumble and a slight reverb when it's accelerating sort of like it's looking for a nice tone to settle into. It's really a lullaby to drive to.

Glad you like it, babe. <3

Looks good. thanks for straitening me up lol! You guys aughta clean that Mazdaspeed up a bit. i used Borla Muffler Cleaner its amazing./

Yeah, I was going to polish it before putting it up, but I honestly was just too damn lazy.

Once we get everything we have in mind done, we'll be sure to give him a good detail and claybar, then take some pics and a few vids once all is said and done.

Plus with the show upstate in a few months, I think it's safe to say she'll be ready to have him all cleaned up by then. So with a little patience, it will all be taken care of : D

So if she has the p5.. then what do you have? I'm jealous she helps with modifiying. My wife does know what she likes, rims exhaust etc but will not help out with anything.. even unboxing haha.

He has a Stormy blue 09 mazda3 GT. I have the p5. I always help with the mods, specially when they are going on my own car. i do some all on my own too! I'm a big girl!

Hatchkitten,

Good to see another Girl on the forum! I just installed my Megan catback last weekend. It makes me smile when i start my car too!

Si Senor. So yesterday with much help from Mark, we hooked up my Oznium LED footwell lights. lol they have been dangling from the floor for months, finally figured out the proper place to tap into so they turn on and off with my doors. Will post pics soon.

Back