GT25; Stay or Go? What do you guys think?

the LSD will hold together... just doesn't put power on the ground like a quaife would... definitely a good candidate for a 3071.... lol let you get traction before it comes on and gives that nice set of rotating components hell. lol

dont forget that if you go with the 28rs (which you should) you might want to look into upgrading fuel and a larger intercooler (front mount)
youll need more air and fuel with a larger turbo rather than the stock i believe

dont forget that if you go with the 28rs (which you should) you might want to look into upgrading fuel and a larger intercooler (front mount)
youll need more air and fuel with a larger turbo rather than the stock i believe
he's got an upgraded side mount (acceptable, but not ideal IMHO), and he's already got an AFC on it...

Since you are going forged, I would suggest a T3 turbo from Protegegarage.com. The GT3071 is awesome if you have the cash flow for it. Get some fuel injectors and a 255lph pump, engine management of some kind and you should be set. You can run less boost on the T3 and get the same numbers that you would get out of a GT28 with higher boost.

Get a FMIC, cause you will heat soak that SMIC in no time at all.

Sorry for the threadjack.

I feel like a gt30 is overkill, regardless of what MSP Sam says in his FAQ. I'm not trying to make huge power becuase I've NEVER dragged this car and NEVER intend to, I just want a smooth and CONSISTENT power band. A turbo that spools too late on these cars is silly IMHO becuase our redline is pretty low, and I wouldn't want to rev the crap out of this Ford motor without upgraded valvetrain parts. GT28rs is good enough for me. Also consider my gear ratio, which is something that contributes to how fast and when the turbo spools. To be honest, next time I buy a car I'm going for something that's either fast bone stock, or a economical DD and I'll get back into sr20det's for weekend fun.

Honda you should go with a BIG turbo because you have a good strong motor with a hell of a tranny. The only thing i would worry about on your car is the LSD.

I broke a tooth off of the PAR ring gear just driving this car like an old woman, must've been a fluke incident but regardless it broke. $2,000 and 2 weeks later (shipping from Australia sucks)... I was back in business.... I had the Quaife, sold it. Now I have the welded Torsen style w/ ARP bolts. I never ever launch my car so the LSD should hold up ok, I hope..

UFO : I was looking at T3's because of cost but, then I have to get a custom downpipe which kind of cancels out the savings.

Last edited:
Sorry for the threadjack.

I feel like a gt30 is overkill, regardless of what MSP Sam says in his FAQ. I'm not trying to make huge power becuase I've NEVER dragged this car and NEVER intend to, I just want a smooth and CONSISTENT power band. A turbo that spools too late on these cars is silly IMHO becuase our redline is pretty low, and I wouldn't want to rev the crap out of this Ford motor without upgraded valvetrain parts. GT28rs is good enough for me. Also consider my gear ratio, which is something that contributes to how fast and when the turbo spools. To be honest, next time I buy a car I'm going for something that's either fast bone stock, or a economical DD and I'll get back into sr20det's for weekend fun.

the GT3071R spools pretty quickly. its the GT3076R that spools slower. for the GT3071R you would have to get the option of a GT28 housing anyway so it can clear the block. go with the GT3071R!

alright, so now that im about finished collecting forged goodies im looking into what kinda power i can make (finally).. This is my daily driver, is 15 lbs of boost on the GT25 too much? Whats the most people are putting down with the our stocker turbs? Check my sig, whats she gonna be capable of? Any and all help is much appreciated! (bowdown)

Is this a serious question. I wouldn't even think about a T2 with a built motor.

I was VERY happy with a smaller T3 42trim. Very nice, Neox had it, custommsp ran mine for about a week. Both enjoyed it, its great as a daily driver.

i love my lil gt25. pulls really nicely for a daily driver at only 8 psi. if i had a tune i could go up to 10, which would be awesome

I would stick with a 28rs. GT30 seems alittle overkill kill for our cars. With a 28rs ull get into 300hp range easily. But thats just my opinion.

Just go to ProtegeGarage. Free shipping, and you know you're gonna get a legit turbo. I wouldn't trust eBay or any other third party little online retailer when it comes to turbochargers.

Lots of times the Sylvia forums have new or hardly used turbos on there for good prices. New, you're looking at maybe $1,000 - $1,200 anywhere.

The T25 was good until I got the GT28rs...now I can't believe the cars didn't come this way stock!!! At only 6 psi my cars is is way faster!!
Just pick it up from PG and save yourself the hassle of getting ****** up s***!! I could see getting a turbo off ebay at like $200 but when your going to drop a grand make sure you have customer service to back that up!!

http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/product_info.php?cPath=32_181&products_id=844
and be done with it!!!!!

Latest posts

Back