GT25; Stay or Go? What do you guys think?

mzspeed14.0

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
alright, so now that im about finished collecting forged goodies im looking into what kinda power i can make (finally).. This is my daily driver, is 15 lbs of boost on the GT25 too much? Whats the most people are putting down with the our stocker turbs? Check my sig, whats she gonna be capable of? Any and all help is much appreciated! (bowdown)

Get a gt28rs, that way you can see some power out of your build. and on a side note anything over 14psi on the stock turbo is really knocking on the door of the limit on the stock turbo.

Yeah def get rid of the t25 with a forged motor trust me i got a 28rs its so much nicer

haha, man you guys are killing me! money doesn't grow on trees you know. So whats the T-25 good for (dunno)

T25 is good for a paper weight compared to GT28RS. LOL J/k . If your ur plan is forged with high boost your better off doing away with the T25. It's a good turbo esp on the stock the motor, but if your going to spend the time and money going forged you might as well put that to use and upgrade the turbo. Most peeps go forged so they can run the Gt28RS or bigger.

stick with the stocker unless you want to upgrade the trans (big$) 1bar @ redline on the stocker pulls very hard, more than most would ever need for a DD.

stick with the stocker unless you want to upgrade the trans (big$) 1bar @ redline on the stocker pulls very hard, more than most would ever need for a DD.

What kinda HP/times will i be making at 1 bar? I still need the peace of mind that i can pull on just about anything (drive)

I'll chip in and agree, no point in a GT25 on forged internals... especially if you plan on supporting that much boost.

well damn, looks like im gonna need to start setting even more $$ aside. I think the reason we drop so much moo-lah in MSPs is because they look soooo fukin good! its gotta be! Alright, lets talk some dollars and cents: so whats my puney current setup worth? (namely the su pipes, BOV, stock turbo, mani and DP) Im trying to get a ball park idea of what im going to need to spend on top.(shrug)

depends, but you could use all of that on a 28RS until you were ready to upgrade piece by piece. or upgrade the other parts, THEN upgrade the turbo... (I would go that route)

depends, but you could use all of that on a 28RS until you were ready to upgrade piece by piece. or upgrade the other parts, THEN upgrade the turbo... (I would go that route)

I was just thinking if i got enough for my setup, id go after that 3K MAM kit... Just tossing around ideas.. (im also thinking about winning the lottery)

I'm in a similar situation as you. I have a full PAR tranny, built motor but stock turbo.. My problem is that the t25 combined with my gearing produces nothing but spinning wheels, yet no breath in the high RPMs. Lame. I need something that spools almost as quick, but wayyy more top end. Bottom line is, the t25 at 14 psi with full bolt ons is fast, but if you're going through a forge build you should consider something with a little more breathing capabilities. I'm unsure of what turbo I'll be getting..... Then again, you could just push the stocker and use the built motor as insurance....

Honda you should go with a BIG turbo because you have a good strong motor with a hell of a tranny. The only thing i would worry about on your car is the LSD.

Back