Green Rims?

If I had a white car, I would definitely paint my wheels green. Give them the TAKATA look. Hahah.
But with the grey mica, it doesn't look too bad.

it would look REALLY nice if you had a little bit of tasteful green graphics on your car to draw some attention away from the wheels, just like this mazda2 at a recent LA auto show

2_1.jpg

1_1.jpg

Last edited:
We drove a 2. She loves it. Still waiting for the guy to come to an agreeable price on the rims.(nervous)

Absolutely. If not ive been looking and Rota makes the grid in green. A set on wheeldude.com is like 650. Not to shabby.

Thanks Tungsten, I could not remember who had those wheels. I have no clue what wheels we are speaking of but, I would think that by being painted they would be more prone to chipping and such. I hear powder coating is a bad idea also because of the heating process.

So since you have seen a ton of pictures of the Takata green volks on peoples cars you want to be an "individual" and follow the trend that has been going on for quite some time...not sure how that is being unique and individual, but ok...

I just had my Fn01r-cs powder coated they dont heat up the rim as much as you think they do so it doesn't hurt it as bad many many race teams use powder coated wheels i dont think they would use them if it would hurt the wheel. not being a ass sorry just got mine i did a lot of looking before i made the jump

How many mazda 3's have them though?

Not really the point I was getting after, you said the reason you were doing it was because nobody else has...I find the argument of how many other 3's to be non-valid...more like I see people do this all the time, so it isn't being unique but I really like it and want to do the same thing is better...if that makes since...don't say you are doing it to be unique and an individual when it is more that you are doing it because you like it and want to model a trend...being an individual and unique is like doing something CeeJay/Sumthaiguy/Kraniman (sp?wtf?) is doing and being themselves, not imitating a style and claiming it is unique...hope that makes sense...

my cars not the color your looking for but i painted my rims gold had it done at a paint shop only 25bucks a piece.....do they have to be volk rims ....dont get me wrong id love me some TE-37's but its way out of my price range....just get some bad ass aluminum ones and paint them the color you want itll be cheaper and it will still look similar to what you want.... just my $0.02 thats what i did.... i liked my rims but after a few years on the road they looked like crap and I wanted them gold so i painted them heres a before and after...and as for chiping thats with any color ive seen some rims from the manufacturer that were colored and were chipped...ive had mine a few months now and hit the road every day but no chips yet but eventually no matter what color you have its gonna chip
DSCN1271-1.jpg

923ee2d2-1.jpg

Last edited:

yeah they had alot of break dust on them i was just to lazy to clean befor the pic but that pic is after i got them back from the shop and im extremly happy with the job you should have seen them before they were curbed many times from my wife, oxidized, top coat was chipping they were pretty bad

actually heres a couple shots before but you cant really see how bad they were
lugs.jpg
3.jpg

Back