Got smashed tonight...

2ManyCars

:
2008 MS3 GT (SOLD)
Sitting in traffic and the car behind me got rear-ended at 65 mph. She then hit me at slightly less than that. Both of them were injured.

The back of the MS3 is completely trashed - completely. But the CHP guy and I looked at it and it was OK to drive. It still drives like new. Unbelievable. I am INCREDIBLY impressed by how it came through.

I'll post pics tomorrow when it's sunny...

Ouch, good to hear all of you came out living...and that the MS3 can still run legally. They're pretty damn tough.

Wow....sounds like the car crumple zones worked as designed. How did the back seat fair? I have two car seats strapped in mine, so my concerns begin with the little ones.

you're damn lucky...been in a wreck similar to that, except the guy that got sandwiched between the van i was in and the guy that hit him ended up dying at the hospital that night.

almost got hit this morning, woulda been my fault. i chicken-necked this srt-8 challenger trying to see what the idiot inside looked like, then i damn near got hit not yeilding the right of way.

can't wait to see pics

Mazdaspeed's have done soo well in all the accident pictures I've seen. the front and back will be crumpled up, while the main occupancy area of the car is intact. makes me feel a whole lot safer when I'm flying down the highway. lol

hey we live near each other kinda.

Where was the accident? the 15?

good to know you came out ok!

Wow....sounds like the car crumple zones worked as designed. How did the back seat fair? I have two car seats strapped in mine, so my concerns begin with the little ones.

Happy to know your alright, thank god. Mazdas have a 5mph rated crash bumpers, remember the mazda 3 is the same chassis as a volvo S40.

The interior is totally fine. You cannot tell it was hit. But the outside is BAD.

hey we live near each other kinda.

Where was the accident? the 15?

good to know you came out ok!

I was on the 56 east bound. I was stopped and so was the woman behind me in an SUV. An car hit her full-on at about 60+mph - did not even hit the brakes. She was very close to me so I took it pretty hard.

2 minutes later, rubber-neckers caused another one behind us 100 yards.

As they were putting folks in the ambulances, another one happened right next to us.

Total of 12 cars smashed, 3-4 people hurt.

My second thought was "I'm really glad I detailed the car last weekend...". You can guess what my first reaction was...

Happy to know your alright, thank god. Mazdas have a 5mph rated crash bumpers, remember the mazda 3 is the same chassis as a volvo S40.

It actually hit the hatch mostly. It was nailed by an SUV so it hit really high up. Pulled the bumper up into the hatch and pushed hatch in about 8 inches. The front and sides look pretty good. The last 1/4 of the car - not so much.

The suspension, tires and even the exhaust look fine. Amazing...

damn i hope your okay. the car will be fixed, but dude i hope you and if you had anyone in the car is ok. good luck though and i hope you find a good shop.

thank god mazda is a resilent car....there areso many wrecks happening right now...WTF is going on

thank god mazda is a resilent car....there areso many wrecks happening right now...WTF is going on
It's because the economy is so bad that people think if they get rear ended they can sue some money out of somebody else but little do they know (it's a stupid idea) nobody else has any money!!! OOOOHHHH SNAP!!! And then they wind up hitting you.

It's because the economy is so bad that people think if they get rear ended they can sue some money out of somebody else but little do they know (it's a stupid idea) nobody else has any money!!! OOOOHHHH SNAP!!! And then they wind up hitting you.

whatever mr cork soaker....HAHA....it's more probably everyone has their head up their own arse trying to do their own thing talkin or txtin on the phone

whatever mr cork soaker....HAHA....it's more probably everyone has their head up their own arse trying to do their own thing talkin or txtin on the phone
HEY!! I'm no cork soaker!! lol
No talking here, it's finally illegal unless you have a bluetooth or speakerphone. But texting is A-OK! So that logic is teh shiznit.

HEY!! I'm no cork soaker!! lol
No talking here, it's finally illegal unless you have a bluetooth or speakerphone. But texting is A-OK! So that logic is teh shiznit.

what makes that comical...is that everytime i pass a cop here they are on the phone or stoped 'watching traffic' but watching a movie....WORTHLESS

edit: wow SLOW too

what makes that comical...is that everytime i pass a cop here they are on the phone or stoped 'watching traffic' but watching a movie....WORTHLESS

edit: wow SLOW too
Slow car, slow brain. At least I'm matching. (lol2)
Every time I pass a cop here, they've got the damned speed cam out watching for speeders made my LSR very hard to do.

Back