Glove box light

Towser

2021 CX-5 GT Premium
Hello,
I have a 2021 CX 5 GT Premium, without a light in the glove box. Wondering if anyone has installed a light in their glove box? I would think the wiring harness may be there somewhere.
Thanks.

I don't these these Mazdas ever have glove box lighting, if they do I think you have too turn on the headlight or parking light for them too work

I've never heard of any Mazda with a glove box light.

My 2004 MS3 had a glovebox light, and my 2012 MZ5 has a built in space for one, though it didn't have one from the factory. I simply added it. I used the exact same light as the MZ3, fit perfectly.

Thanks for the replies. Not a big deal. Thought if it was an easy thing to install, I’d do it.

Oh man, I loved the MX-6. Totally underated cars, and it's a shame that hardly anyone remembers them.

If the Sig has one I wonder if the harness is there on all models? Likely has a cutout for the light as well.
It only comes on when there’s less daylight. When I first got it I thought something was wrong because I had a couple of previous cars where the light came on as soon as you opened the box.

Hello,
I have a 2021 CX 5 GT Premium, without a light in the glove box. Wondering if anyone has installed a light in their glove box? I would think the wiring harness may be there somewhere.
Thanks.
The factory glove compartment light found on the CX-5 Signature doesn’t have a switch triggered by the glove compartment door, but gets turned on only when you turn on the parking lights or head lights. Of course this means the glove compartment light will be on as long as the parking / head lights are on, even if the glove compartment door is closed. Not really a good design but Mazda does save the cost of a switch.

Several people had tried, but they couldn’t find any existing wiring and connector nearby from those CX-5’s without factory glove compartment light.

If not having a glove box light was a concern for me, I would be tempted I add a small battery powered stick-on light somewhere inside of the box.

Could also do what I did to my safe at home. Wired in some 12v led strip/tape lights and a magnetic switch.

Open the safe light turns on, close the door… You get it.

Should be least enough to tap into a nearby 12v power and ground, or run to inside fuse panel.

Why can't you use a USB port for power then a simple rocker or toggle switch and then add a simple LED light? This can't be more than an hour project and maybe 30 dollars in parts?

If not having a glove box light was a concern for me, I would be tempted I add a small battery powered stick-on light somewhere inside of the box.

I have a few of these switched lights (the LED portion) mounted with 3M VHB tape in a few places in the interior. About the diameter of a quarter but able to light up the interior without drawing from the car battery. The DE 3175 overhead lights are plenty powerful to see what's in the glovebox.

led light.png

If I were a thief checking for unlocked doors I would be seriously annoyed the CX-5 did not have a lit glove box. 😂

Back