GI: Transmission Gearsets

cough *wow* cough....

Umm, did anything ever happen with the cheaper alternative for fixing the lubrication issues to hold slightly higher hp? This seems like the end all transmission for 500+hp, and most of us, well dont want 500hp.

Dont get me wrong, I still am intrested, but I have too much needing to be paid off right now to drop 3g's... Maybe in a while...

I am interested still for sure, now what are the adv - disadv of the different gear cuts?

how long before we can order and get them?

LSD option?

Its actually a damn good price....compared to some of what DSM tranny experts are asking for....i.e. TRE and John Shepard.

If the Cincinnati Reds make a HUGE turnaround and win the World Series, then I will have the $$ to buy this. I don't want to dip into my shortblock savings fund. Maybe I will have to start a separate fund and put equal amounts into the tranny and SB saving funds.

daedalus said:
cough *wow* cough....

Umm, did anything ever happen with the cheaper alternative for fixing the lubrication issues to hold slightly higher hp? This seems like the end all transmission for 500+hp, and most of us, well dont want 500hp.

Dont get me wrong, I still am intrested, but I have too much needing to be paid off right now to drop 3g's... Maybe in a while...

I'm working on that still... but this isn't the place to discuss them... pm me if you want to know what is up.

Not sure if the cheaper alternative will address the oiling issues.

daedalus said:
cough *wow* cough....

wow...that's a very nice option for everyone...if i had the mods/money to support this kind of upgrade (hopefully soon), i'd be all over this!

I wonder how they calculated that power range... that requires some serious modeling and mathematics to be sure... the manufacturer though should in theory have that ability...

subscribing. changes to 1st and 5th would be great. but what about a 6th forward gear....sweet!

R

A Close Ratio gear set with a 1:1 5th would be nice. With a 4.88:1 final drive.

Britt

122 Vega said:

Britt

Really? A 4.88:1? Is 1st gear not enough of a b**** already? I mean I have barely any power mods right now and I spin going into second. 4.88:1 is a little too extreme for the protege I think.

1st gear is only for getting out of the pits. Once you are on the track, you want CR in the high powerband.

Britt

Maybe a 1:1 4th gear. What you're describing would give you a top speed of 102 MPH in 5th gear.

122 Vega said:

Britt

I think you can get one from Quaife, runs about $26,000 but comes with everything: lsd, housing, etc.
Rainman said:
subscribing. changes to 1st and 5th would be great. but what about a 6th forward gear....sweet!

R

Latest posts

Back