GI: Transmission Gearsets

Focus

:
MSP and RX-7
OK. Here it is.

Nick from MPI and I are guagung interest right now on how many people would be interested to upgrade their transmissions.

What's included:

All parts machined and hardened.

- Billet Main Shaft and output shaft.
- Bearing mounted pinion instead of press fitted.
- Dual Synchro design for Gears 1-4 (Stock Transmission Has single for 1-2 and single for 3-4)
- 4 gears included in set
- Either Stock ratios (Some in stock) or Custom ratios (6-8 week delay)
- All Shafts assembled with sleeves and needle bearings instead of pressed on)
- Final drive gear selecteable - Ring gear included in set.
- Choice of Helical cut or Straight cut gears

So all of the inherent problem areas in the transmission have been adressed.

Price: $2800 USD + Shipping

gearset.jpg

So for now who would be interested in a gearset ?

Last edited:
OK 5th gear can definately be made. It comes with a sleeve to insert on the shaft. Sleeve is needed because they use roller bearing on this design.

Pricing to follow!!!

I would be interested but it would really depend on the pricing. Custom gear ratio's sound awesome too! Subscribed......

Dave

i'm interested... dunno bout if i can afford it, but i'd be interested. yeah, longer 1st and extra tall 5th would be nice.

Does this involve better synchros? At least I think that is the problem with mine. It sometimes grinds going into 2nd.

Def. intrested. Depends on daily drivability (obviously not a straight cut gear) and the price. It seems a needed upgrade for most of the big hp guys on here.

Pricing? I don't think I'm gonna need it but I'm curious how much it will set me back. If it's comparable I may switch to a lentech.

Back