Getting an FC this weekend...

At every autocross we go to, we seem to get lots of comments about how clean our FC is... but looking at those pics, ours looks totalled by comparison!

MAN your car is clean! I'm guessing those 70k miles must have all been at night, as there is NO signs that the sun has touched any of that car, in or out!

;) http://howto.globalvicinity.com/gv_wiki.php?wi=51&co=1&vi=1
What about posting a version of that how-to in this Forum...Seems like there are a few members with FC's now that would find such info useful especially when they don't have to hit up another site to get it...Those and future Members would appreciate it! :D

As for the ride...I think you need to double check the mileage ASAP!!!...I think you misread 70k...Should read 7k (seat rip = previous owner had a fat ass?)...Super clean 7...Nice find (2thumbs)...Keep us updated with (pics)

Thanks all for the comments! :)

As far as the seat goes, I am pretty much looking past that and just worrying about the condition of the whole car, lol. There is a guy 4 houses down from me that does interior work for cars, and he is real good, so I can have him fix it no problem.

The guy said its beem garaged the its whole life, and thats good!

As far as the price goes, I have talked him down to $3500, when I get down there I am going to try and haggle him more, if he wont come down, no big deal :)

Thanks all for the comments! :)

As far as the seat goes, I am pretty much looking past that and just worrying about the condition of the whole car, lol. There is a guy 4 houses down from me that does interior work for cars, and he is real good, so I can have him fix it no problem.

The guy said its beem garaged the its whole life, and thats good!

As far as the price goes, I have talked him down to $3500, when I get down there I am going to try and haggle him more, if he wont come down, no big deal :)

it LOOKS like it's been garaged its whole life, he's definitely not lying there lol. again, great find, and $3500 IMO is a fair price for a car in that condition, hell i bet it's in better condition than most S5 FC's out there anyway lol

oh and don't mind that little tear on the seat, i had a nice tear along the seam just like that in the FC i used to have, i just sew it up myself, works perfectly and looks fine lol

I'd flash 3k in his face to see if he bites. 3-4k is fair for that. It's not the most desirable trim. If you get it remove the cold start assist which is the bottle next to the firewall along with the solenoid on the upper intake manifold. I also see you have the original spark plug wires too. It's a damn good starting point

Ya I am taking 3500 cash with me, so maybe he will take 3K for it, hopefully...

When I get it home, first thing I am going to do is give it a tune up, prob plugs, plug wires, change oil, check/change tranny fluid, and anything else it needs.

How many spark plugs do rotorys have?? lol, I have no idea... I have alot to learn about this cars and the motors, they are so different then my Chevy V8's I have...

4 spark plugs. 2 for each housing.

2 Leading plugs and 2 trailing plugs. They are set up like this:

front of engine T1 T2
.................... L1 L2

4 spark plugs. 2 for each housing.

2 Leading plugs and 2 trailing plugs. They are set up like this:

front of engine T1 T2
.................... L1 L2

Thx evil, I am going to go a Haynes manual prob tonight or tomm so I can start reading and learning all this stuff.

That rx7 site has lots of info on it, been reading there yesterday and today.

yep, everyone always whine about rotaries saying that they burn oil...but most of them dont know that they are supposed to! LOL

oh please please read up on all the quirks of the FC, i don't want a mint specimen like this one go to ruins due to lack of information!

*reading*

Just talk to the guy, gonna meet him at about lunch time this Saturday!

I will take my camera and take a bunch of pics and some video too.

Ask him how it was driven. Did he get it into high revs regularly? If not, thats a bad thing.

Not only is this thread based on a sweet ride...there is some really useful info posted as well...I'm also new to the rotary world so I'm constantly hungry for good info! :D

How often would you recommend changing the oil on a rotary (I'm assuming every 3000 miles should be on the safe side?)...Should the intervals be different between the 13b and 20b? Is there a need to "add" oil in between oil changes at all?

Not only is this thread based on a sweet ride...there is some really useful info posted as well...I'm also new to the rotary world so I'm constantly hungry for good info! :D

How often would you recommend changing the oil on a rotary (I'm assuming every 3000 miles should be on the safe side?)...Should the intervals be different between the 13b and 20b? Is there a need to "add" oil in between oil changes at all?

treat it like a normal piston engine for oil changes, but use mineral based oils (read- no synthetics), so 3k is a good number to stick to. check your oil level every time you top off the gas. Depending on your driving style, you may use more or less oil per mile... so you may find yourself adding oil... or you may not.

Back