CX-5 Turbo Gloss black side skirts and grille scratches on 2022 and 2023?

"Hit a bear"

Holy sh**. We have deer everywhere here and they cause many accidents, but bears, wow man.

lots of deer here too but this year apparently bear hits were up. we have a ton of black bears and it was in September and they were really active feeding getting fattened up for winter. over $5600 in damage and I almost got stopped..
IMG_4371-1.jpg

Glad to see it’s holding up well, 5k miles on mine and how easy the trim could scratch is a big concern of mine. My ‘21 RAV4 Hybrid XSE has midnight black painted trim and looks fantastic. Scratches will buff out no problem. Not sure if I’ll be as lucky with the Mazda but agree with others that it looks awesome.

This is one of the first things that popped out to me when I saw the car on the showroom floor. The glossy black around the outside instead of the old typical rough looking plastic look. I'm at 3200 miles and I haven't noticed any scratches and I'm pretty particular. I got into the spray foam cannons and have been using that before 2 bucket hand washes. I will prob. at times go through the touchless during the winter just to keep it some what clean. I'm have re learned driving as not to follow others closely to help avoid debris flying up. I thought about ppf for a month and now discarded the idea. While I like the vehicle and it is peppy with the turbo the gas mileage is a killer for me.

I like it for two reasons: 1) gloss black makes the car look smaller instead of the body-color trim that makes the car look bigger, and 2) it can be polished or wrapped to improve its appearance if necessary, which isn't possible with the standard trim.

This is one of the first things that popped out to me when I saw the car on the showroom floor. The glossy black around the outside instead of the old typical rough looking plastic look. I'm at 3200 miles and I haven't noticed any scratches and I'm pretty particular. I got into the spray foam cannons and have been using that before 2 bucket hand washes. I will prob. at times go through the touchless during the winter just to keep it some what clean. I'm have re learned driving as not to follow others closely to help avoid debris flying up. I thought about ppf for a month and now discarded the idea. While I like the vehicle and it is peppy with the turbo the gas mileage is a killer for me.
But you knew about this when you bought the car, right? It says it right on the window sticker.

The window sticker is too conservative on the highway figure in my experience. It says 27 but you should be getting 30+.

The window sticker is too conservative on the highway figure in my experience. It says 27 but you should be getting 30+.
yup I have never gotten worse than the window sticker and usually gets at least 30mpg. My wife normally drives the car to work which is 12-13 miles one way and sometimes when I look it is showing 33mpg as it is mostly a 55mph drive.

I find highway mileage is good, as long as speeds are kept lower. As soon as I get over 115 km/hr, fuel efficiency drops considerably. Could be due to gearing and/or wind resistance.

My '18 Mazda6 with the turbo got 7.4L/100 km every highway trip and that was a more slippery shape, so I presume it's shape and height of the CX5 that's hurting fuel mileage.

Try better fuel. Dont cheap out in 87.
Get to 30 mpg regularly. There is also another person in the forum who gets even higher.

I've ran 93 a handful of times. No difference. Today I drove even slower not going over 65mph and managed 29.6 on my 34 mile commute one way. Going slower then 65 around here will get you ran off the road. I think a 7/8 speed with different gearing would be beneficial on future vehicles. 2k rpms at 60mph is pretty sad. My truck that I traded in got similar mpg with ecoboost v6.

Of course you wont see a diff from one or two fuel tanks. What did you expect? You have to go through multiple tanks. Let the electronics adapt

I've ran 93 a handful of times. No difference. Today I drove even slower not going over 65mph and managed 29.6 on my 34 mile commute one way. Going slower then 65 around here will get you ran off the road. I think a 7/8 speed with different gearing would be beneficial on future vehicles. 2k rpms at 60mph is pretty sad. My truck that I traded in got similar mpg with ecoboost v6.
keep it in sport mode for your commute.

Yea. and on the previous models (and NA) used to be turning off the DSC or whatever the button was named. Worked like a charm every time. Better response and great mpg. On the latest gen is the sport. There is an old thread somewhere on this but its hard to find nowadays ... among all the recent "compaining/help me now/whats this noise etc" threads.
Out of the box in default mode plus cheap fuel the CX5's ecu mode (there are few) is funky.

Back