Bug Deflector

Medicman said:
okay.. part # MAD 0000-86-OM5A-04
Hope that helps...

Thank you very much!! We are supposed to get our Mazda 5 this week and would like to order a deflector right away...

Fastmak :)

Interesting. Would love to see a picture and hear about your experiences with it.

Have a Canadian Oder it for you and ship it. There are a few of us on the boards.

Im sure the dealership here would even have it in stock, so no you only need to wait for it to be shipped from them to you.

There is a dtealershit, 2min from me, I can check prices and availibility for you if interested.

Last edited:
THat magnetic thing looks cool, so you can quickly take it off every day if needed? I'd like to see pics when you get it.

Rac3rX said:
Have a Canadian Oder it for you and ship it. There are a few of us on the boards.

Im sure the dealership here would even have it in stock, so no you only need to wait for it to be shipped from them to you.

There is a dtealershit, 2min from me, I can check prices and availibility for you if interested.

Thanks! Actually, I could have had it picked up and driven to me by some friends coming from Montreal in 2 weeks but wanted to try the magnet so the decision to buy was easy. The PA Turnpike here is notorious for sandblasting hoods and windshields so I have to use something.

Yup! I 2nd that.

I just drove from Breezewood to New Stanton, and there was all sorts of crap flying around on the road. Most was kicked up by the truckers, but alot of it was from the "construction" on the turnpike.

You gotta love turnpike construction. Two miles of cones and 15 ft of actual work.

I'm taking I-68 home.

StoneShield vs Bug Deflector

Medicman said:
okay.. part # MAD 0000-86-OM5A-04
Hope that helps...

Thanks for the part number. Just got my Red GT on Monday and asked the dealer last week for the cost of the bug deflector and he said there wasn't one.

I took mine in to get tinted on Wednesday and saw a pamphlet for something called Stoneshield by Avery Dennison. It is a protective film installed on the hood as an alternative to the Bug Deflector. Supposed to be virtually invisible, will not alter the appearance of the vehicle and comes with a 3 year warranty.

Spoke to the dealer and he said the cost was $150 for 12 inch shield and about $200 for 24 inch.

Has anyone seen this or heard about it? Let me know what your thoughts are.

Black on Black deflector

Heres mine , black on black.

Mazda bug deflector.jpg

looks awesome on my sp23 too (first)

0000-86-SPM3-04 installed on march 2nd:

Attachments

• 3hood1s.jpg
    3hood1s.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 3hood2s.jpg
    3hood2s.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 264
JT_Driver said:
Thanks for the part number. Just got my Red GT on Monday and asked the dealer last week for the cost of the bug deflector and he said there wasn't one.

I took mine in to get tinted on Wednesday and saw a pamphlet for something called Stoneshield by Avery Dennison. It is a protective film installed on the hood as an alternative to the Bug Deflector. Supposed to be virtually invisible, will not alter the appearance of the vehicle and comes with a 3 year warranty.

Spoke to the dealer and he said the cost was $150 for 12 inch shield and about $200 for 24 inch.

Has anyone seen this or heard about it? Let me know what your thoughts are.

I have seen a MAZDA3 with it and you can see the line where the film ends, and not sure how it is. You may want to check out the 3M film as well. I believe they offer 5 years warranty, but double check that.

Kid Red said:
THat magnetic thing looks cool, so you can quickly take it off every day if needed? I'd like to see pics when you get it.

Well it arrived today and it looks great. No need for pics cause it looks just like the website but here is one. I followed the directions to apply a hair dryer to get it to form around the corners. When it was done I armour alled it and wiped it with a terry cloth to remove the shine. My car is Carbon Grey so the black blends nicely. Well see how it goes when it gets hot. I am very pleased so far.

Attachments

• Mazda 5 002.jpg
    Mazda 5 002.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
ntron1= Looks cool. Kinda thick on the edging, but looks good. Keep us informed, after a rain, how easy it cleans up, how easy it is to remove, etc?

Back