Bug Deflector

Also looking for bug shield

I am in Canada and just got my bug shield broken by someone while parking on the street. The only part that I can find is EGR 337374 which is listed to fit the Mazda 3 and Mazda 5. Amazon has it listed for $37.99US but the picture is of a Toyota.

Does anyone know if the hood of the Mazda 3 is the same as the Mazda 5? Here is a picture of my broken bug shield it looks to be a pretty custom fit.

ktiqp.jpg

I don't think it's the same, just read out the first posts in the tread here, you will have all the informations you need :p

I installed the OEM deflector this weekend. Very easy. A big thanks to Mntnbkr for the hookup!

Yeah if anybody knows how to get one of these in the US Im totally game. Its high on my list of things to get soon...

i counldn't find anywhere else in US. That is just a place where other mazda5 bro. mentioned in this forum. Thanks to them.

Yes, it's a very easy 20-30 minute install. It feels very sturdy and I don't see having any problems at all. It is different than the Canadian one as you can see but I think it will do it's job nicely and I think it looks very good as well. For $80 can't go wrong at all.

003a.JPG

005aa.JPG

(rockon)

are you using magnetic deflector? can u tell me where to get this? it doesn't look like magneticbra, and i see reflection from your second pic. so i like it pretty much. than for share the info

Hate to ask the obvious, but...

...does it really work, or is this just for looks?

Notice any significant difference in bug splatter before/after installing the shield?

Owning the car for 2 years since new got me a coolection of stone chips both in the hood and windshield. After installing the bug deflector last year, significantly noticed no new stone chips on the windshield. I think it helps, but I like the looks without the deflector better. Bra, clear bra, magnetic bra will only protect the tip of the hood itself and the covered area, the OEM bug deflector seems to divert the air upwards away from the windshield.

hope to have day time pics next week. As for the reply above it has the same style bumpers and plastic clips for support.

FYI looks better on a Mazda 5 not a Protege 5 lol.......

If you pre pay shipping I can have one to ya from canada next week...let me know.

Hey buddy, I'm from Chicago, IL U.S. I'm looking for a Mazda 5 minivan bug deflector, is there any chance you can get me one from your hometown Canada and ship it to me in the U.S, I am willing to prepay shipping. Please advise.

Heya

Got the new Mazda Bug Deflector today. Only took 35 min to install. Looks fine. A highway test no vibs or noticible noise either.
Cost about 75 Bux Canadian.

I use a bra for long drives. Used it 3 times so far. protects the paint from bugs and debris.

Attachments

• bugdeflectorbra.JPG
    bugdeflectorbra.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 190
Back