Bug Deflector

Here

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

THAT's THE ONE mothernature...looks great on your/my 5 - where do I find it?

Joeym509 - did you get yours yet today, and how does it compare to mothernature's? Pics would be great when you get it on.

Thanks.

Yes, it's a very easy 20-30 minute install. It feels very sturdy and I don't see having any problems at all. It is different than the Canadian one as you can see but I think it will do it's job nicely and I think it looks very good as well. For $80 can't go wrong at all.

003a.JPG

005aa.JPG

(rockon)

I'll take the bait... Dima-would you mind giving me an idea of cost of item and shipping via UPS or similar to US ZIP 21409? Unfortunately the one available in the US that Joey got does not cover enough hood based on the two chunks already out of my hood from road debris, so I'm hoping to find the slightly larger coverage one like yours and mothernature's.
Thanks in advance.

I'll take the bait... Dima-would you mind giving me an idea of cost of item and shipping via UPS or similar to US ZIP 21409? Unfortunately the one available in the US that Joey got does not cover enough hood based on the two chunks already out of my hood from road debris, so I'm hoping to find the slightly larger coverage one like yours and mothernature's.
Thanks in advance.

I will find out the price and will let you know. You'll have to bare with me cuz I'm a bit busy until Monday.

Dima

No problem and thanks in advance. I believe the part # is 000-86-0M5A-04..obviously whatever you and mothernature have, which look to be the same.
I have a 2006 if that matters to the fit. Thanks!

I will find out the price and will let you know. You'll have to bare with me cuz I'm a bit busy until Monday.

Dima

Dima, I'm in too. I live in Maryland (MD) as well. Zipcode is 20906, but maybe you can send to one address.

Mntnbkr, I'll send you a PM so we can talk about coordinating a single shipment.

Dima-
Thanks in advance for your offer to help out some fellow 5ers.
Have you had an opportunity to check into this? Life's busy here too so I understand if you've been tied up.
Thanks again,
Dave

Try Washing Your Car by Hand with Snow and Cold

automatic car washes are for pussies :p

Up here in the Northeast and Canada, the only option to keeping dirt, sand and salt off your car during the Winter time is the car wash. With temperatures hovering around 32 degrees F (or 0 degrees Celsius), there is no way you will have your hose turned on or attached to a power washer to wash the car by hand.

I was wondering if our Canadian owners remove the deflector during the Winter snow season. Besides the car wash issues, a lot of snow and ice would accumulate under the deflector during normal driving.

Last edited:
Installation Manual for the Mazda Hood Deflector

I have provided the a PDF scan of the installation manual for those who are considering the purchase of item and was curious on the level of difficulty.

Attachments

• Mazda5_HoodDeflector.pdf
    89.4 KB · Views: 270
Looks great. I am going to be stopping by the dealership here in Mi this week hopefully and picking one up (ordering anyway).

Up here in the Northeast and Canada, the only option to keeping dirt, sand and salt off your car during the Winter time is the car wash. With temperatures hovering around 32 degrees F (or 0 degrees Celsius), there is no way you will have your hose turned on or attached to a power washer to wash the car by hand.

I was wondering if our Canadian owners remove the deflector during the Winter snow season. Besides the car wash issues, a lot of snow and ice would accumulate under the deflector during normal driving.

In winter, as long as it is above freezing I go to a coin carwash to clean my car just make sure u wipe dry at least the glass before going out the bay so it would not freeze. completely dry it outside the bay.

Last edited:
Back