Budget: $20,000 what car would you buy?

ForceFed said:
I have drove the 3's and I am not impressed by any means...But you guys love this car...Yeah it puts down killer numbers under boost but it seems already that the trannies arent up to the task....And the RIde is horribble...Way stiffer than the MSP yet handles not nearly as well.Way too ruff of a ride for the handling it has.

the ride is as stiff as an msp? since when? my p5 had a stiffer suspension and the 3 handles better than the p5 did.

i proposes a new rule for the forum: you arent allowed to open your mouth about the drvinig characteristics of a car unless you own or have owned it. and no, a 5 minute test drive does not make you an expert.

slug420 said:
i like these ideas
Be careful of a heavily flogged E36 M3. The rear sub-frames crack and need welded. Not a big deal, but be aware if you start looking. I've seen a lot of cheap GTO's around, mostly on lease deals. Like $200/month!

ahhh so many good points and choices... I think today I am going to test drive a couple of cars and see how they feel. Probably the two I was looking at in the first place, the srt-4 and the cobalt ss supercharged. I am not sure if I want a 2 seater car... but they are probably a lot of fun... damn this is hard lol And yeah I would like another rare car but there really isn't anything out there like the msp is there? A current rare quick car? And I would love to get a used evo for 20g's but that would involve some skill and luck lol... Let me see how these 2 cars (srt-4 and the cobalt) are since I have never driven either of them.

benzete said:
i would get a 3rd gen rx7 and hook it up right because that's my dream car, also more affordable than a tt supra :)

(rofl) (rofl) (rofl) (rofl)
(rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh)

FD??!!!?! Affordable??!!?!!? That's the funniest thing I've read this morning. That, and there is no way to build a high horsepower, RELIABLE FD for less than 20 grand...

Go look at a GTO, or if you don't mind a car a couple years old, check out a Camaro SS...

Dan

dont even look at tc's....i have one for a rental right now with my msp at the dealer and it is garbage....the interior materials are s*** and its so slow and boring.

My g/f likes it though, but she drives a 02 civic so anything's and improvement.

GTO would get my vote too. When shopping for the Mazda 6 we saw an 04 with 12K miles for $18K. Not a bad price for a starting point of 350HP.

Lt. Dan said:
(rofl) (rofl) (rofl) (rofl)
(rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh)

FD??!!!?! Affordable??!!?!!? That's the funniest thing I've read this morning. That, and there is no way to build a high horsepower, RELIABLE FD for less than 20 grand...

Go look at a GTO, or if you don't mind a car a couple years old, check out a Camaro SS...

Dan

oh i never said after mods it'll be less than 20 grand. you can get one in whatever condition for under 20 grand. even if it's modified a bit, it'll be around or less than 20 grand. then you can do whatever the **** you want to do with it, and then it'll still be cheaper than a supra. capiche?

TX Speed Demon said:
GTO would get my vote too. When shopping for the Mazda 6 we saw an 04 with 12K miles for $18K. Not a bad price for a starting point of 350HP.

WTF, I would have been all over that!!!!!

Pontiac Solstice.

Attachments

• HPIM0935.JPG
    HPIM0935.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
silverspeed03 said:
WTF, I would have been all over that!!!!!

Yeah me too, but we were shopping for a car for the wife. Something with more practicality that we could haul dogs and stuff around in now, and kids around in soon. Settled on an 05 M6 hatch for almost the same price. Not quite the same in terms of performance, but meets the other needs we have and with some wheels, springs and mac mini carputer system it will be a nice daily cruiser.

Antoine said:
I still can't believe people suggest the tc...It's a High School special...not a performance car by any means...Go with a 3 and boost it...You won't be sorry ;)

except for the fast that the TC has a bulletproof engine capable of well over 500 whp

Back