Blue calipers... How they look?

EBAY Auction they say mazda 6 but I left the 6 off cause it looks too crouded...Heat treated and if you look at IS3000 these are basickly the same thing but don't say lexus ;) My rear one has Flying "M" s but no good picts right now...

I think it looks stealthy, which is what makes it look a lot better, red calipers, scream, key my car.

damn sorry man to hear about the ...year of previous incidents. Red calipers only screamed "C5, Cobra, and M3 Race Me Now" so if I stay in left lane long enough one of those cars will pull up next to me and downshift....I could be in the left turning lane and a civic will downshift wait a second and throw on hazards
(cryhard) :flip:

Da 6 said:
I used a foam brush and a dremel(sander) with calipers on. Just put something down undernath it. I spayed the paint into the brush and put like 4-5 coates on every 6 mos or when dealership gets ahold of my car. I hope the hell they don't destroy my "Mazda" Decal on the front ones!
going to revive this thread for a minute, i was searching for how to paint calipers and read this thread, 6 where did you get those decals? and you didnt remove the caliper, just brushed the paint on with a sponge brush? cleaned the calipers with dremmel sander?

CRZbrussian said:
blue calipers on a silver car...i dunno.... (uhm)
i am not doing mine blue, just looking for info on painting them, i have my color picked out, paint purchased and ready to go, its not blue or red. i'll post some pics after i finnish.

Last edited:
I know we're probably beating this to death, but I'd really like to paint mine too, and would like some more details for "how to".....from what I hear you guys just basically left them on,m taped off everything and sprayed a brush then painted w/ a brush??? I'm a little confused about the dremel usage...are you sanding it down to clean/prime for paint???

PS-and opinions on a black mica w/ blue calipers??

thats what it sounds like to me..?...i think the blue wouldnt stand out very much on the black, red would though

remove wheel...sand surface of caliper down smooth(recomend dremel to speed process up!) then either spray paint ont brush or into cup. spraying it directly requires tapping off stuff, chances of the paint not evenly being distributed, and run off are increased. How to is in How To section if you wish to se mannnnnny difrent takes before choosing the one you feel comfrtable doing. Decals were purchased off ebay... Have enought to do 4 cars but can't seem to find the other 3 sets since I moved shortly after :mad:

6 hooks it up once again.....

So you can get this paint at pretty much any auto parts store huh?
Pepboys, Autozone, Napa, Discount AUto, etc...?

yep hi temp or caliper paint is usualy on the can/container. Recomends 4-6 coats at least and don't use products like greased lighning to clean them cause you strip a coat each time you spray them ;) Found the Black Magic rim wipes to be the perfect thing to use on them cause you can get brake dust and safe to use on the rims themselves in between cleanings!

Last edited:
You are the da man.....

PS-off topic but, I installed my short shifter last night...check out the thread in engine and perf. I put in as many details as I could!

Painted Blue Calipers, Lighter Color

The ones in this thread were a little dark, what do u think of these? I went lighter/brighter to try and get more of a noticeable color....what do u all think???

#1-from a distance(may not be able to see clearly)
#2-close up....(they appear a little bit darker in person)...

Attachments

• MAZDA-BRAKES1.jpg
    MAZDA-BRAKES1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 173
  • MAZDA-BRAKES2.jpg
    MAZDA-BRAKES2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 131
I got laser blue calipers to match my car :)
click on my cardomain link and you can check them out.

I got the winning blue on my 3 5 door what color should i go for on my calipers?

o ya the blue rocks thats what i think im gonna do but a lil brighter

Latest posts

Back