Ashtray gauges

Thanks for the pic. I think something like this could look great. I want the functionality of more gauges such as oil pressure, and maybe boost or altimeter and feel I don't need to see these as I drive all the time. I think the Ash tray set up can look OEM. I have see the CPE and they do look factory and for some it's perfect and not rice at all. My 17 year old son wants me to get the CPE but it's just not me.

Thanks for your help

are you flying your speed3?

I made a few ashtray gauge panels for a few Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 owners 2years ago. They were a triple or dual gauge setup. I'm currently running my boost, oil temp & oil pressure gauges in that area. I will move the boost gauge back up to to the a-pillar. I will replace the empty slot in the panel with a EGT gauge. I feel that the EGT, oil temp & oil pressure gauges are ones that do not need to be monitored constantly at all times.

Here are some pics of my setup... Iphone pics, so sorry for the lackluster quality of the exposures.
photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Last edited:
I made a few ashtray gauge panels for a few Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 owners 2years ago. They were a triple or dual gauge setup. I'm currently running my boost, oil temp & oil pressure gauges in that area. I will move the boost gauge back up to to the a-pillar. I will replace the empty slot in the panel with a EGT gauge. I feel that the EGT, oil temp & oil pressure gauges are ones that do not need to be monitored constantly at all times.

Here are some pics of my setup... Iphone pics, so sorry for the lackluster quality of the exposures.

These look great. Can you send some more pics in the daylight? Do you have a write up? How tough was it to do?

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

dude i like this set up i think it looks good(omg)

That is a nice setup. Daytime pics, please.

+1. If it looks factory, I might be interested for a 2 gauge setup. One for oil temp., and one for boost. I always thought it'd be cool to do a gauge that read boost in bar, not like the ordinary PSI

any pics of them under a single din stereo? thats what im putting in next week or so. but just want to confirm the look.

photo-5.jpg
how did you change all the colors of your gauges from red to white? cuz i want to change mine to blue. if there is a how to can someone link me

living where I live in So-Cal, the 3 gauges on the A-pillar or above the dash just scream for a cop to pull you over. The CP-E gauge holder is a nice piece but just calls too much attention. I attempted to do a 3 gauge install in a single din spot using a double din stereo kit and failed misserably. I may give it a go at another time. The 3 lower one by the ashtray is perfect for certain gauges. Oil temp and pres are not gauges you look at all the time. I would look at them after a hard run in the mountains to check how things were cooling. Water temp might also be another good one for there. However, I plan on getting a dash hawk so the 3 that the DH doesnt cover in the MS3 is Oil Temp, Oil Pres and EGT. 3 gauges you dont need to constantly monitor.

Also, gauge selection is key in its placement. I know alot of people like to interior match their gauges, but to me that makes it harder to read. My boost gauge is a contrasting color but I can tell where it is by a simple peripheral glance of the sweep.

But to each their own in this case. Some people dont even like extra gauges.

+1 for daytime pics ^

I like that setup a lot it would work well for my oil pressure, egt & afr
as for the boost gauge I would like to get a single pod that would fit similar to this dash hawk mount but thats in a perfect world, I havent seen one yet though

my whole thoughts on the placement is just that I dont smoke and dont use the ashtray (exept for maybe change) so this area is just wasted space *shrug sholders*

Back