Ashtray gauges

so are you saying my center guage pod from cpe is rice?

Is that the thing with three gauges that sits above the center vents?
If so, I would call it ugly (in my opinion) but functional (you added three gauges that are serving a useful purpose), and as a functional addition, it can`t be rice.

i have my boost gauge in the vent pod. Its low key enough, doesnt stick out, its there for quick glances. Not to mention the vent pod looks like an OEM piece. Yeah you lose the airflow, but it was worth the tradeoff for me

i have my boost gauge in the vent pod. Its low key enough, doesnt stick out, its there for quick glances. Not to mention the vent pod looks like an oem piece. Yeah you lose the airflow, but it was worth the tradeoff for me

vent pod=ftw
defrost vent pod=ftw
cut hole above ash tray put guage in=ftl

Is that the thing with three gauges that sits above the center vents?
If so, I would call it ugly (in my opinion) but functional (you added three gauges that are serving a useful purpose), and as a functional addition, it can`t be rice.

UGLY? Jesus ok im done talking to you.

you cant honestly look at that picture and say it is angled toward the driver...its completely straight...its not about what i like or what you like... tell me what the function of a guage is

Wow man, do you just love to argue, or something? This is the 2nd time I've seen you do this, the first was with me over the 16 year old thing. Whis gives a s*** if it's easily read or not? Honestly? The forums are here to help...so stop bickering like an old woman

Functionally, it's not the best but I rarely look at it anyway.
My car is not modded where I have to keep an eye on it all the time.

Wow man, do you just love to argue, or something? This is the 2nd time I've seen you do this, the first was with me over the 16 year old thing. Whis gives a s*** if it's easily read or not? Honestly? The forums are here to help...so stop bickering like an old woman

im not the one bickering bud--im making a point--the part in bold that you wrote--thats why you sound stupid sir. Why are you holding an e-grudge against me? Thats weird.

im not the one bickering bud--im making a point--the part in bold that you wrote--thats why you sound stupid sir. Why are you holding an e-grudge against me? Thats weird.
lol. im not holding a grudge. it just seems to me that you are always trying to start something. Like calling me stupid. Why? That doesn't solve one thing. I think its a cool, inventive idea and I give props to who thought of it. Im trying to be rational and helpful to others, and it really seems like you are attacking me because i'm 16 and drive an MS3.

Functionally, it's not the best but I rarely look at it anyway.
My car is not modded where I have to keep an eye on it all the time.

its good because its not your staring at the boost gauge all the time, just enough for a quick glance, and it doenst look like one of those ricey triple gauge pods

The center CP-E gauge pod is a very nice set-up. If I ever go gauges..this is prabably the way ill go.

lol. im not holding a grudge. it just seems to me that you are always trying to start something. Like calling me stupid. Why? That doesn't solve one thing. I think its a cool, inventive idea and I give props to who thought of it. Im trying to be rational and helpful to others, and it really seems like you are attacking me because i'm 16 and drive an MS3.

wow just wow...dude i dont even remember your screenname i didnt attack you quit being all defensive...what you said made you sound like you dont understand the reason for having a guage..

I wouldn't mind one of those triple pods that sit on top of your dash...The top of my dash does nothing, so the pod is not in the way, and it does serve a purpose..Plus everything is there "at a glance" But those pods are not for everybody.. And I respect that...This is just my personal opinion

i like those triple pods but they r really expensive, 200 bux for one, it too much for gauge pod, i would reather go with the ash tray setup

i like those triple pods but they r really expensive, 200 bux for one, it too much for gauge pod, i would reather go with the ash tray setup

I think they are hideous. No offense, what i would really like to see is one of these...

a-pillar%20autometer%20oil.jpg

an a pillar gauge pod that is molded, and looks like it comes from the factory, not one of those cheap add-ons that clip on.

I don't even look down at my climate controls when i'm driving. There's no way i'm gonna try to read a gauge thats even lower. Not with Virginia drivers all around me.

Functionality of zero eh? Looks like it would work fine, even better in the ash tray where it would be at an angle facing you. Not everyone wants a gaugepod on their dash.

http://www.racingbeat.com/photos/11816L.jpg

I would totally rock one of those.

Thanks for the pic. I think something like this could look great. I want the functionality of more gauges such as oil pressure, and maybe boost or altimeter and feel I don't need to see these as I drive all the time. I think the Ash tray set up can look OEM. I have see the CPE and they do look factory and for some it's perfect and not rice at all. My 17 year old son wants me to get the CPE but it's just not me.

Thanks for your help

Back