Am I The Only One That Thinks The P5 Is Kinda Quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlturredMP5 said:
its not, ive gone through a v6 mx3, a v6 lumina, and a v6 ranger. they arent that quick, but a helluva lot quicker than the mp5, which ive owned 2 of.

the mp5 can be quick with enough money and know how, but any car can be quick with enough money and know how. a fellow enthusiast in my area has a turbo pinto that can spank most "racers" on the road.

Which V6 for the ranger? ? I can only assume it was the 4.0, but the OHV (pushrod) or the SOHC?? I ask because I have/had (gave it to my dad because his explorer had twice the mileage and sucked) a 94 Mazda B4000 (ranger in disguise) with the OHV 4.0 and my P5 is definitely faster than that thing.

The P5 isn't too bad. Yeah it's no speed demon but it's not like sluggish or anything. Some people complain about it like its so slow that it is dangerous to drive on the highway with.. ha

Kansei said:
Which V6 for the ranger? ? I can only assume it was the 4.0, but the OHV (pushrod) or the SOHC?? I ask because I have/had (gave it to my dad because his explorer had twice the mileage and sucked) a 94 Mazda B4000 (ranger in disguise) with the OHV 4.0 and my P5 is definitely faster than that thing.

The P5 isn't too bad. Yeah it's no speed demon but it's not like sluggish or anything. Some people complain about it like its so slow that it is dangerous to drive on the highway with.. ha

p5 has more than enough power on the highway, its actually more powerful when its up in that rpm range with the freeway speeds.

i rode in a gallardo today, then got back in my p5....and i was like, this blows lol
but hey lambo to a p5, obviously the switch is gonna be a helluva lot different :p

either way i still enjoy gettin on my p5 and runnin through some curves :D

and lambos are fun!

yea stock is kinda slow. but after i put a good amount of NA parts, it actually isnt bad. i mean the thing sounds like it has 400 horsepower, but i think it pulls pretty good. it runs in the mid 15's. is mid 15's bad for a NA inline 4? no way!

i only have a problem with it when accelerating up hills, like i turn left out of my neighborhood to go to work, and its a decent size hill in the p5, takes forever to get past 3000 rpm accelerating from a start, and min is an auto, so that doesn't help either; but hey, after that 1/8th of a mile or so, its just straight up curves from there, except one straight, which is always fun to punch it at

AlturredMP5 said:
the thing with the p5 is that it looks fast enough to keep the hondas off our backs, but there is more than enough room to make it look better and sound better.

two word came to mind when i bought mine 4 years ago... speaker room

do you know how many ass beatings i give to all the hondas and other bad cars i give with my AUTO Legacy GT everyday?

The legacy is quick and fast and i get 1000X more problems from all the jack asses out there than i ever did in my p5 which was an auto and slow as dirt as well.

The legacy certainly doesn't "look" fast.

ha! one time i was rolling and catching up to a busted honda who thought he was fast. I was still in i drive and just as i got next to him he revved and went to drop clutch. i simply turned my knob to sport# and raped his ass. I love how they hang back when you beat the hell out of them.

hahaha...can you believe a busted explorer tried one day.

anyways...i get tons of problems. even a non turbo Leggy was trying to show off one time.

Last edited:
Mazda P5 driver said:
do you know how many ass beatings i give to all the hondas and other bad cars i give with my AUTO Legacy GT everyday?

The legacy is quick and fast and i get 1000X more problems from all the jack asses out there than i ever did in my p5 which was an auto and slow as dirt as well.

The legacy certainly doesn't "look" fast.

hahaha...can you believe a busted explorer tried one day.

ah, so you know what im talking about.

im a poser honestly, i replaced the mazda emblem on the back with a mazdaspeed one. even srt4s pull up next to me and pretend im not there.

the p5 is like that butterfly with the big eyes on its wings. predators wont touch it cause they think its bigger than it is.

wmbeaver said:
i only have a problem with it when accelerating up hills, like i turn left out of my neighborhood to go to work, and its a decent size hill in the p5, takes forever to get past 3000 rpm accelerating from a start, and min is an auto, so that doesn't help either; but hey, after that 1/8th of a mile or so, its just straight up curves from there, except one straight, which is always fun to punch it at

dude that is weird as hell.

every 5 k i did synthetic and a fuel cleaner and an air filter. NEVER had problems with hills.

one time at the tire shop i was asked if i could spin tires at take off because all you had to do was tap the gas to get it over the lift ramps. they said that other cars you have to give it some gas.

Mazda P5 driver said:
dude that is weird as hell.

every 5 k i did synthetic and a fuel cleaner and an air filter. NEVER had problems with hills.

one time at the tire shop i was asked if i could spin tires at take off because all you had to do was tap the gas to get it over the lift ramps. they said that other cars you have to give it some gas.

but im also all-stock, i replace my air filter like 3 months or so ago, and oil was changed last month

I agree that it "feels" fast, even if it technically isn't. I can see how this might be even more so as a passenger.
I thin kalot of it has to do with the light/thin body, general noiseo n the interior and tight handling. By sounding so loud (you can really hear the engine in this car, even stock) you are alot more aware of the car and it make it's feel faster. My dad's Benz drive's me nuts b/c when I drive it I feel totally disconnected from teh road.
Having the light body helps too, gets up and goes at least. Plus the slightest shake of the wheel and it'll go all overt he place - as a passenger it feels less stable and this makes you more aware of it.
Of course, my other vehicle has a motor with only 20% more CCs, equal HP stock, and 2x the vehicle weight. So to me it's plenty fast.

i agree about the passenger part of what you said. i dont like being i passenger in my own car b/c im so used to how it feels driving it. but i think the main reason it feels so fast is the stiff suspension. you can really feel the road flying underneath the car.

I don't care if my car's slower. It corners a hell of a lot better than most cars out there. Sitting in that driver's seat feels so natural in it that you tend to forget that it's a "wagon" and that it's "underpowered"

it was car and drivers "most fun to drive" vehicle when it came out. and that includes every car they tested, even the uber high powered ones.

Lord_Zath said:
I don't care if my car's slower. It corners a hell of a lot better than most cars out there. Sitting in that driver's seat feels so natural in it that you tend to forget that it's a "wagon" and that it's "underpowered"
hell yea man! this car might not straight line, but if someone wants to race ill take them to the curves and run them into the ground :D

AlturredMP5 said:
the thing with the p5 is that it looks fast enough to keep the hondas off our backs, but there is more than enough room to make it look better and sound better.

two word came to mind when i bought mine 4 years ago... speaker room
Usually with ricer honda drivers when a car looks fast the more they wanna race it. I swear if i'm at a light with my tiburon which looks fast every 1980s civic hatch with a fart can revs at me. I sure you guys know what i'm talking about.

i lost to a tc the other night on a straight line, so i took him to the back roads behind my house yesterday. broad daylight, hairpin turns, bridges, it was great. i was taking turns that would make a grown man piss his pants. i finally got someone to agree that drag racing doesnt take balls, but taking a 90 degree turn at 65 mph takes some big cajones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back