Am I The Only One That Thinks The P5 Is Kinda Quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and for what it's worth, this is why I drive Mazdas:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zw2Jbxn_cpY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zw2Jbxn_cpY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

they make cars that feel right, have great handling, awesome styling, and above all, are INCREDIBLY fun.

susamafone said:
great find on that video

I would pay hundreds for a high res copy.. I've e-mailed mazda marketing but haven't gotten anything. I tried searching around with my Mazda press pass and can't find anything on that site either.

BacardiBreezer said:
Let's see. The last Integra model year was 2001, and then in 02 they became the RSX. I'm pretty sure the magazine was testing new cars. Besides, that's one magazine. The culture of today is very focused on Honda, not Mazda. And that's for good reason. The engine/tranny swap possibilities are endless, Hondas are extremely reliable, very easy to understand and work on, and very capable of high horsepower ratings, even for FWD. There are plenty of SOHC Civics running sub-10s. I've owned three Hondas and they're the best cars I've ever driven. Not just because they've been so reliable, but they're seriously very, very fun to drive (especially the Integras), I get incredible gas mileage, and I know if I want to put in a different motor, I could. I mean, Mazdas are pieces of s***, no offense. I had one, and I still haven't seen a junkier car. I'll never buy a Mazda again. I used to like P5s, until I came to this board. There really is no point trying to convince someone that Honda is the best, cause if you don't already know it, you're lost as it is.
there are plenty of old proteges running sub 10s, big deal. mazda has won countless awards on build quality and fun factor, and to quote a very fun commercial( http://youtube.com/watch?v=IZumEShOEXM ) , more mazdas are raced on any given sunday than any other car. maybe the mtv crowd, and the fast and the furious crowd like civics more, but even in ff1, the fastest car is a mazda. ff2 and ff3, some of the faster cars are mazdas. your post is probably the stupidest thing ive ever seen haha. and automobile magazine/consumer reports has the mazda3 as a best buy/best small car, where the civic/rsx are nowhere to be found. so take your ill founded elitism and go to honda-tech

Ive driven Hondas and mazdas...Ive raced in and against both, track, street, drag, twisties.

Mazda...is different, Honda..is...clechet, poor poor styling (s2000 and NSX are some of my fav cars ever though). With a honda...yes. You have tons of options, you can by a b16, 18, 20, w/e...put it in any other honda..ok..that is fine and dandy. However, you do not get the passion when you drive..you do not get that love for your unique styling.

Sure, if i were to dump $2k in a full suspension and put in in an EG or a GSR...ya it would throw my P5 around all day. The fact of the matter is, You dont see alot of fast protege5's because frankly...nobody makes them fast. There is NO ...and i mean NO reason for people to say that the car has little to no potential, The motor has just as much capability to make power as a honda, or nissan. Its plain and simple, ANY 2.0 4 cylinder motor is NOT going to make sufficient power, when its SOUL PURPOSE is to be a "fun to drive, great gas mileage" car. The New civic SI has proven other wise, but also has years of development, and race car technology built into the motor. If mazda wanted to protege5 to be a 263whp track BEAST they would have put the motor that is in the MS3.

The car is better than ANY honda ive driven in or owned, I can spank pretty much any other import i come up against in the twisties, and frankly feel no need for more than the sad amount of horsepower. If all the guys on here wanted to make their cars as modded and aimed towards racing as the honda crowd...well...it would be no competition. Plain and simple...

Anyway...Mazda > honda all day long. (and hondas are reliable because they put the SAME motor in every car...some are more powerful than others...but basically there all the crappy 110hp vtec 1.6l motors).

I watched that video at zoomzoomlive. almost brought a tear to me eye.

The type-R thing may be true, but keep in mind that probably 1 in every 1000 cars with that type-R badge can actually back it up.

I've driven Hondas before. Civic and CRV. The CRV was cool but underpowered and too light to handle properly in poor weather. The civic was crap. Sure it got good gas mileage, but there wasn't anything special about it other than I didn't care if I put it into an uncontrollable slide on a snowy turn lane.

Anyways, enjoy your V-Tec and your straight driving!

most honda guys have never run against a mazda in the twisties...why? because they cant get into the same class as us because they suck.

yeah I would definitely agree... the automatics are pretty slow... any civic can usually beat it... the manuals though are a lot quicker in my opinion than the auto's....

Lord_Zath said:
I watched that video at zoomzoomlive. almost brought a tear to me eye.

The type-R thing may be true, but keep in mind that probably 1 in every 1000 cars with that type-R badge can actually back it up.

I've driven Hondas before. Civic and CRV. The CRV was cool but underpowered and too light to handle properly in poor weather. The civic was crap. Sure it got good gas mileage, but there wasn't anything special about it other than I didn't care if I put it into an uncontrollable slide on a snowy turn lane.

Anyways, enjoy your V-Tec and your straight driving!

The type-r thing was done by a magazine.. it wasn't just a car with a sticker on it :)

I beat a civic ex with I/H/E and im bone stock (and yes he was actually racing, he actually over rev'd twice). Although his car was pretty bad...point being, our cars are not THAT slow, civics run consistent 16's stock, right along side our WAGONS!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kansei said:
Oh, and for what it's worth, this is why I drive Mazdas:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zw2Jbxn_cpY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zw2Jbxn_cpY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

they make cars that feel right, have great handling, awesome styling, and above all, are INCREDIBLY fun.

man that was an inspirational video xD

kura808 said:
man that was an inspirational video xD

I don't know why Mazda doesn't put that out there more often. Play it at the dealerships whenever people come in :) it's really touching and I don't think it's just marketing.. Mazda backs up their s*** with their awesome racing league sponsorships and their awesome cars :)

o yea i read in a pamplet thingy from the mazda dealership and they said that theres one rotory mazda(rx-7) in the races that does unmeasurable 0-60s, 2.9g takeoffs, and 0-150ish in about 4.7secs. haha i wonder if its true.apparently theres a dude(Dee Karagiannis) racing it in the NHRA All Motor class. anywayz i never seen a honda do that type of performance xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back