Am I The Only One That Thinks The P5 Is Kinda Quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kansei said:
I really hope you aren't referring to me. I was just wondering what deadgeneration did to his car since he said he has experience doing "almost everything" to his Protege.
He wasn't.

LMAO!!! wait...wait... I almost wasnt going to comment until I read this...

DeadGeneration said:
So its ok that people talk about turbos because they are only going to use it under legal conditions?

........ yes... why would you ask a dumbass question?

DeadGeneration said:
Or if they use it under illegal conditions they are going to be safe and only use it going in a straight line in the middle of no where with no other cars around. When if you consider that if there are no cars on a quiet street, children are likely to be playing football and with ironic probability end up in your path. I think its pathetic that in a thread discussing speed that so many people would cry about my example of fast. And this is probably the 10th time i've seen a thread turn into this type arguement. However 10 car accidents where someone is pulling out of there driveway happens within minutes across the country. Sweet

ok FIRST OF ALL.... I have NEVER seen children playing football in the middle of a HIGHWAY, but maybe thats just because of where I live (dunno) . I wasnt aware there were areas in this country where playing sports on the interestate when its quiet was the "in" thing to do.

SECOND OF ALL. you are merely trying to prove that being illegal is being illegal, which yes, thats true. HOWEVER speeding down an empty highway where there is NO traffic is a lot different than passing between 2 cars on a 2 lane road just to prove youre a ******* tool bag. Some asshole in a bad integra (not that the car actually mattered) tried to do the same thing to myself and a van, going probably 90mph while we did the speed limit. I will tell you that had I not moved onto the shoulder, he would have hit one of us. Oh and so you know, I did catch up to him in a matter of SECONDS and yes I reported his dumbass for risking my life and others just so he could be "cool" and re-enact what he sees on television with his "l33t driving skillz". Plus who gives a s*** if they couldnt catch you, does that mean if you could rob a bank and not get caught that its the right thing to do? no. Add to that, you have NO IDEA what another driver may or may not do. What would have happened if the driver to your left would have panicked, lost control and slammed into you because they didnt know how to handle that situation? Congratulations! youve had an accident at 85mph, and will more than likely goto the hospital. Soo ****** pointless.

I enjoy my car, I speed, I drive "spiritedly" but I never do so when conditions do not permit. Which means, no Im not passing on the shoulder and white-lining cars. Im not weaving in and out of rushhour traffic, and Im not putting my passengers at risk in the process of my own enjoyment.

I cant believe this is coming from the same person whos "driving skillz" caused him to lose control in a turn he had no business doing 75 mph on. APPARENTLY you need some type of drivers education. You and clos would get along really well, maybe you should PM him and trade your stories.

...Grow the **** up...

I dont know who clos is but I probably drive better than him... lol jk this thread is for entertainment purposes only and all forum members are trained professionals on a closed web server with proper safety and firewall gear.

god dude, im so drunk right now, and like, there were 4 cars in 1 lane right, and there was a little spot where i could barely fit my little penis, so i tried to put it in, but i prematurely ejactulated then i wrecked. crazy huh. but yeah, the p5 is fast

I haven't driven a P5 yet (been wanting to though), but I beat one with my old 91 Integra...they don't seem that great if you ask me. Also, igdrasil I watched your video and I thought it was very touching, that is how I felt about my Integra when it got wrecked. Just wanted to tell you I really liked it :)

they are the best handling car ive ever driven. not hard to beat a p5 in any car in a straight line, but it would have handed you your ass in the twisties most likely

Hm, I don't know about that. For one thing, it was auto and my Tegs have all been manual. Plus, I know you guys hate Honda but Integras are one of the best FWD cars ever made.

yea i heard integras had really good handling too.in japan people use it for dirt drifting i think(read about in a mag lol) anywayz i wonder how a p5 and an integra would do in the twisties against each other.

My P5 is the fastest one ever. It's so fast that if I don't double clutch just right on my up-shifts, I'll launch right off the road. Also, I use premium gas which adds a lot of horsepower, especially because it gets atomized better with my Mega-Tornado air-spinner thing that goes in my Type-R cold air intake. I have electric turbos on each of my individual throttle bodies with 4 intercoolers...one for each eTurbo. But the real magic of the driving experience isn't the breakneck speed, it's the kidney-smashing handling. I added an extra set of coilovers on each wheel to get better handling. I also lowered the car so far that the body of the car sits lower than the bottom of the wheels. I pull about 3.141592654 G's on highway off-ramps at about 300mph.

So ya, I think my P5 is pretty darn quick.

Edit: In all seriousness, the P5 is fun to drive. It accelerates well considering it's lack of power. That's mostly due to the car being pretty light, having tight suspension, and low gear ratios. But my dad's 1995 Pontiac Transport minivan will beat me off the line.

Last edited:
Haha nice ^^^

If I still had one of my Integras, I'd try out that twisty thing. I know a woman who has a 2002 midnight blue P5 - auto though.

BacardiBreezer said:
Haha nice ^^^

If I still had one of my Integras, I'd try out that twisty thing. I know a woman who has a 2002 midnight blue P5 - auto though.

The P5 would win, seriously.

The Protege MP3 knocked the crown right off the Integra Type-R (I think it was type-R, I don't know my hondas) as the best handling front wheel drive car ever. I don't exactly remember what my P5 was like stock but I have driven a stock Protege MP3 and it didn't really feel much better? It's just struts and sway bars different, and sorta springs but barely.

lol until you ride in a p5, msp or mp3 please dont make that statement. road and track listed the mp3 as the 8th best handling car of all time, tied with the porsche 911 turbo

BacardiBreezer said:
Umm, I don't think you could beat a Type R, ever. Just won't happen. A normal Teg, or a GSR maybe, but not a Type R.

believe it. that honda chassis can only do so much.

The players who qualified for the competition are the BMW M3 Coupe, the Chevrolet Corvette Z06, the Ferrari 360 Modena, the Mazda MP3, the Porsche Boxster S and the Porsche 911 Turbo. Added to the mix are the Lotus Elise and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII, two great-handling machines that soon will arrive at our shores

hey look no hondas!

^^ and not because they just didn't feel like testing it, but rather because in the previous test the MP3 kicked freakin butt against the Type-R. I'm not just saying this because I think Hondas are pitifully boring and lack soul or character of any kind, I'm saying it because I'm sick of Honda people thinking that anything shat out of Japan with that H logo is better than anything else on the road.

You know what is totally lacking from the Integra? a multilink rear suspension with rear steering.

Last edited:
Let's see. The last Integra model year was 2001, and then in 02 they became the RSX. I'm pretty sure the magazine was testing new cars. Besides, that's one magazine. The culture of today is very focused on Honda, not Mazda. And that's for good reason. The engine/tranny swap possibilities are endless, Hondas are extremely reliable, very easy to understand and work on, and very capable of high horsepower ratings, even for FWD. There are plenty of SOHC Civics running sub-10s. I've owned three Hondas and they're the best cars I've ever driven. Not just because they've been so reliable, but they're seriously very, very fun to drive (especially the Integras), I get incredible gas mileage, and I know if I want to put in a different motor, I could. I mean, Mazdas are pieces of s***, no offense. I had one, and I still haven't seen a junkier car. I'll never buy a Mazda again. I used to like P5s, until I came to this board. There really is no point trying to convince someone that Honda is the best, cause if you don't already know it, you're lost as it is.

so they use the same bolt patterns and motor mounts on all their cars, congrats?

I don't care if they are high horsepower front wheel drive.. that's useless, how you gonna put the power down. I've driven an Integra GSR and the steering felt numb, and the handling wasn't all that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back