A few issues and questions for the pro5 enthusiasts

Check your grounds and check the connections on your Alternator. I checked one of my grounds, the one that connects on the passenger mount, and it was not connected possibly from the previous owner. I tracked it down and re-connected it yesterday and it made a difference actually, samll but it made a difference. I will for sure be doing a complete reground kit on my car to include a an additional power wire from the alternator to the battery. Basically almost the "Big Three" without replacing my Alternator with a HO Alternator as I already have a new better battery. HO Alternator is my last resort, been having power issues with dimming lights as well.

A code P0421 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

• The catalytic converter is no longer functioning properly
  • An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly
  • A sparkplug is fouled up

So yes the Non-Fouler not being on would cause that. Glad you installed it and it went away and fixed your issues.

Non-fouler worked for me after adding the OBX headers.

Has anyone ever made the high beam enclosure there low beam lights and highs low enclosures? Hope that makes sense

Ya that's the easy....i did this with my vw gti so that's where I'm getting the idea from lol. I want the inners be my day time running/low beams and when I turn on the high beams I want them all to turn on

Last edited:
when you turn on the high beams, both sets of lights are already on. but, really, there is no advantage to swapping highs and lows. you'll actually be at a disadvantage, because the beam patterns will be messed up. (unless you perform a projector retrofit, then you can do whatever you want)

Alright well it's alot less hassle to just order the low beam hid bulbs. I had a set of hid 9005's kicking around but I want low beam HID's not highs.

I have a question I was lookin around for a lowering kit for my pro5 and I ran across a used set of adjustable sleeve kit from a earlier mazda Protege...will it still work on my 2002?

I figured it out haha thanks! For the price of springs, I might just go with 2 inch lowering springs and call it a day.

I have been having some random issues again...my car will start up, die right down to almost 50 rpm idle untill I hit the gas it revs back up, then I let off the gas it goes right back down and may stall right out. I go for a drive after keeping it reved up and park shut off and it starts and idles normally. Any ideas?

Also Is It worth ripping my a/c out? I don't use it as often because it barely work anyways. Would I notice a difference? What is the procedure for removing it? I get a a/c running like idle often lately and I'm not even using my a/c...not sure why it's rough...I only notice it when the secondary cooling fan kicks on

Latest posts

Back