50th Anniversary Rolex 24 @ Daytona January 26-29, 2012

me and my girl will be coming. idk if we will be bringing the 3 and the msp or just the msp. buying tickets soon. so we can camp from friday till sunday?

just got news from Steve @ Grand~Am ... there is a maximum capacity of 350 cars for ALL combined car corral parking at Daytona ... so if you want to PARK in the Mazda Corral, buy your ticket asap to guarantee a spot. they are already up to about 200 or so cars (that's all corrals combined) ...

you will be able to buy a Corral ticket at the gate on Saturday, if need be, BUT you will not be guaranteed to park in the Corral if they have already gotten 350 car spots taken. you can still participate in all the corral activities, but you will have to park in general parking.

just an fyi to get your Mazda Corral tickets purchased NOW!!

they called last night to confirm how many car spots i'll need

Now is this the outside car coral or the in-field?

Also I will have atleast me in my car. Maybe one more. But I may have convinced my buddy with a msp to come and he was curious if he nous his ticket now so he will be able to park with the corral. But he will have probably 2 other people. They have to pay the $60 each to come into the corral also correct?

Also how's the camping working?

Ill more than likely be mooching in scmp3's passenger seat, how does the amount work for this event.

To answer a few questions that have come up:

Q: Can I park my car in the mazda corral if I didn't drive my mazda?
A: No. DIS/Grand Am have initally indicated if you are not driving the OEM makes of the corral, you will not be able to park in the corral area.*

Q: Can a non Mazda car also use the mobile dyno?
A: Yes & maybe No, the Castrol mobile dyno is open to all makes and models however, we are trying to get some info from DIS on admittance to the corral parking area, it is a finite space and we are unsure how they plan to control the access.

Q: Do the Mazda corrals participants get to do parade laps on the track?
A: No. But it is something we hope to be able to offer in the future

Q: Is camping allowed in the car corral?
A: No. However there is an attempt to secure a camping plot for mazda corral participants. Since the corral is actually outside the track and essentially open to the public I do not think you would want to even if you could.

*only applies to parking. Everyone is invited to visit the Mazda Castrol Car Corral Experience and participate in the activities regardless of what ticket you have.​

The last official conversation between the organizers of the Mazda Castrol corral earlier this week included the following:

The Mazda car corral for Saturday & Sunday is located behind the front stretch grandstands. there is a special infield mazda car corral on Friday only [separate package $35]

(Coppertone wrote) There is a maximum of 350 available car corral spots for all (seven) of the available car corrals. If you wish to park in the Mazda corral, buy your ticket as soon as you can to guarantee a spot. Total car corral ticket sales were up to about 200 as of wed, Corvette corral is over 100 already and Mazda came in at 33.

For you procrastinators you can still buy a corral ticket at the gate on Saturday, however there is no guarantee you will get a spot in the corral if the 350 car limit has been reached. You can still participate in a ll the Mazda Castrol car corral experience activities though you will have to park in general parking.

If any of that officially changes we'll let you know as soon as we know.
To my knowledge DIS has nervier really tried to do something like this, so expect some 'growing pains'
Marlon's past experience and relationship with Grand Am should minimize any significant issues that arise ;)

Well s*** about the camping. To clarify
I need to purchase the $45 ticket, $15 ticket, and the $35 for all the days. The plan was to drive down Thursday night and show up Friday and camp through Sunday. If there's nothing other than the $35 thong on Friday ill drive down Friday am I guess. Can't afford the extra $35 right this second. And as for people riding along, what do they need to pay to get into the corral? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to clarify.

close... if you want to be there Friday, Sat & Sun your options are as follows:

$45 corral pkg ticket Sat/Sun, [special corral parking, 2-day unreserved grandstand & infield ticket with garage access]

+ $15 general admission Friday [unreserved grandstand & infield ticket but no infield parking, no corral parking, & no garage access]
or
+ $35 Friday only corral pkg ticket [special infield corral parking, unreserved grandstand & infield ticket with garage access]

Go to the http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com site for all the different tickets that are available but in general: for Sat/Sun guests would need to purchase the 2-day admission (infield + grandstand) $35, garage access requires an additional 2-day garage pass at $35

So what all is going on Friday? It's looking like my party will be coming down Friday am. So we probably just wait and show up on Saturday to the corral. Just curious if we choose to do that what will we be missing?

And where is everyone staying as far as hotels? We will be looking for a cheap place to crash.

Ah, this is (the forum) where phen and marlon hang out ;)

(hi)

Darn straight. I should be on the other more since I'm an admin and all, but it's kinda slow at times.. haha.

So what all is going on Friday? It's looking like my party will be coming down Friday am. So we probably just wait and show up on Saturday to the corral. Just curious if we choose to do that what will we be missing?

And where is everyone staying as far as hotels? We will be looking for a cheap place to crash.

Friday morning we plan on having meet and greets and paddock tours of the Continental teams, i.e. Freedom Autosport, i-moto racing and cj wilson racing ... and the Continental race is at 1:30pm (for 2.5 hours) ... after their race, they will all be packing up and leaving.

We found a house to rent up in Ormond Beach ~ i've been told it's about 20 mins north of Daytona, but there are a few people that i know that are staying there either in condos or hotels as it's a bit cheaper.

I wish I could make it for the conti race. I almost want to watch that race over the Rolex.

Hopefully it'll be streaming so I can watch at work

Back