50th Anniversary Rolex 24 @ Daytona January 26-29, 2012

Very nice!

That's what I wanted to do but from atop the grand stands

I have one thing to say other then it was a great ******* time.

THANK YOU MARLON AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT HELP SET THIS UP!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing the news about indy

EXACTLY like that, except at night and long exposure so you see headlights and tail lights streaking around the track

I'd like to see that panorama at night with cars on track :D

^hmmm at night, that would be cool!
I'll see if I can get that shot next year (wink) will need to get a wide angle lens too. All my panoramic photos to date are multiple photos stitched together.

I'd like to see that panorama at night with cars on track :D

There are cars on track, it's just a long exposure shot so you only get a couple streaks of tail lights. Most obvious on the far right. There's no caution lights out, and per the leader board they're 201 laps into the race, so no reason there shouldn't be cars on track.

REALLY cool shot though, love it :)

what are you shooting with Kevin? I could rent the wide angle if you're shooting Canon (i'm using an XT)

I've rented lenses from Lens Rentals.com they are pretty awesome. I recently tried out the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 and highly recommend it.

I currently shoot Nikon. I rented a 70-200mm ƒ2.8 from theLensDepot.com for this past week of Rolex 24 events, best part? $82 for the week, with the damage waiver, AND they are local to me! The night pano I shot was taken with that lens (hand held I might add). The daytime pano I posted I took with the kit lens (18-105mm).

Back