400whp Full Build Up Q&A

Rac3rX said:
Ohh EXCUSE ME!!!!! for having on opinion!!!!

& I know a thing or 2 (You should make assumptions they are the mother of all F-ups)

Its not an opinion. "NOS" was made popular by a movie that is a complete slap in the face to all of us.

Yes, Nitrus is a quick way to get 400hp, and it will on a well built engine. But, anybody can get rods,pistons, and a piggyback ECU and slap a nitrus kit on.

300+ is a waste due to lack of traction and drivability for the pro. Even at the track.

Last edited:
HorsepowerFreak said:
Dude chill.... I'm an immature punk having fun (speaking of which, you have 69 posts)

You said it (thumb)

(thumb) I get it (Finally) it took me a sec or 2 I thought you were being a ass.

69 Post (thumb)

Last edited:
ghost said:
Its not an opinion. "NOS" was made popular by a movie that is a complete slap in the face to all of us.

Yes, Nitrus is a quick way to get 400hp, and it will on a well built engine. But, anybody can get rods,pistons, and a piggyback ECU and slap a nitrus kit on.

300+ is a waste due to lack of traction and drivability. Even at the track.

Its a JOKE if you take that flick as a Slap to the face!!

Man-up Sissie!

& Like I said DA "With the Right Mods" WTF did you think that ment DA?

ghost said:
$5612 anf thats without rods and pistons and including 1400 for the AEM. So lets add another 2gs for rods pistons, arp studs.

Your going to spend close to 8000 dollars on a car thats worth 12gs, then your going to expect to get 400hp with it,LOL!!!!

OMG wait I cant stop lauging at this, is this a joke???,LOLOLOLOLLLL!!!!!

Save your cash and get a car thats capable of that first like a TT supra, MR2T, 350z SC'ed, TT300zx. Then youll have that and still have cash left over to pay your utilities and gas card bill.

Why get a car that everyone knows is that fast, I want something that I can pull up next to one of those cars and leave them in the dust. I know it's going to cost that much I really dont care cuz I only paid $7500 for the car with its current mods. I have seen a few people running very close to 300whp if not more with the MAM block and tuning. With some careful tuning and large boost I totally think this is possible. Why can a wrx do it and we can't! I really want a crazy freaking car and if I cant get 400whp I'm going to try and get as close as possible. Also this was just a list of parts from a quick look at pricing them so I may have missed a bunch and doubled others. Why dont you think this car is capable of 400whp? Honda guys can do 750+whp out of a b18c why cant we get 400?

Last edited:
Rac3rX said:
Its a JOKE if you take that flick as a Slap to the face!!

Man-up Sissie!

& Like I said DA "With the Right Mods" WTF did you think that ment DA?

(boom07) when you get less than 12.8 at the track Call me.

ghost said:

Do you think your special? HAHAHAHAHA (hah) (hah) (hah)

My uncles Fairlane (Runs 8 seconds) will show you whats fast.

I havnt driven it, but Ive been driven in it (Tubbed out and everything, push start button that rockes the boat)

So stop bragging about your BS like your something special (hah) when your nothing special at all.

benben84 said:
Why get a car that everyone knows is that fast, I want something that I cant pull up next to one of those cars and leave them in the dust. I know it's going to cost that much I really dont care cuz I only paid $7500 for the car with its current mods. I have seen a few people running very close to 300whp if not more with the MAM block and tuning. With some careful tuning and large boost I totally think this is possible. Why can a wrx do it and we can't! I really want a crazy freaking car and if I cant get 400whp I'm going to try and get as close as possible. Also this was just a list of parts from a quick look at pricing them so I may have missed a bunch and doubled others. Why dont you think this car is capable of 400whp? Honda guys can do 750+whp out of a b18c why cant we get 400?

So basically what your building this car as I read it is for street racing. Very nice.

Honda engine breath better, perform better and sre completely different than the FS-DE. Yes it is possible to get an FS to 400hp, but why?? Your going to spend a shiload of $$ and for what?? To beat cars that you know are fast already?? Thats not the reason to build a car up to that kind of HP.

If you were sponsored to race, if you were a pro.driver and you were racing to represent a company. But to race grassroots?? CMon man. Bottom line these cars are not made to withstand that kind of HP. Things happen like trannys blowing and cranks breaking because the car was not designed for that. The cars that you already know are good for it are known for a reason. That reason is why you should get them if you want it.

Last edited:
Rac3rX said:
Do you think your special? HAHAHAHAHA (hah) (hah) (hah)

My uncles Fairlane (Runs 8 seconds) will show you whats fast.

I havnt driven it, but Ive been driven in it (Tubbed out and everything, push start button that rockes the boat)

So stop bragging about your BS like your something special (hah) when your nothing special at all.

Not bragging, but didnt you call me a sissy in a previous post?? Im glad you uncle is running 8s with his Ford. But ya know what. No matter what, or how fast, its still a Ford. But, Im happy he is exeling in his dreams of building a drag car.

I'm just a speed freak and want that much power. I have driven many cars with around 350ho and they just dont impress me like this car did with the mods I already have. It's like a go-kart on steroids. I dont want to street race I was talking about puling up next to those cars at the straight track. Anyways, I would like to make 350-400whp cuz my friend is buying an Sti and he also has some serious plans for it.

ghost said:

Id just like to let you know Superprotege's hit 12.1 @113 MPH in his 2002 LX Protege, ummm 12.8's not too impressive anymore is it.

I tell you "Man-Up Sissie" Because you cry about some hollywood flick being a slap in your face. You need to grow up from that s***, because Bigger Men laugh at the flick for what it is.....a Flick!!

benben84 said:
I'm just a speed freak and want that much power. I have driven many cars with around 350ho and they just dont impress me like this car did with the mods I already have. It's like a go-kart on steroids. I dont want to street race I was talking about puling up next to those cars at the straight track. Anyways, I would like to make 350-400whp cuz my friend is buying an Sti and he also has some serious plans for it.

STI and MSP................. Ok lets see if we can do this again.......STI and MSP.

STI= AWD pupose built 300hp AWD rally/race type car.
MSP= MP3 with a joke of a turbokit that handles really good with 150-170whp stock.

STI= 30+gs
MSP= 12gs

STI= Shitload of aftermarket support
MSP= Do I hear crickets???

STI= Forged connecting rods and crank with cast pistons.
MSP= weak connecting rods that break if pushed too hard

should i go on??

i dunno, i still think your goal is a bit excessive (btw: u will need a roll cage if you are gonna do 11's on the tracks in wi, so add that to the list :p) my brother drives a 13.1sec wrx, my best friend has a 97tt, another friend has an audi s4 and a bmw 740i, another has a s/c'd '05 GTO, another a glorified neon (srt acr) yet all of them love my car even though it is waaaaay slower then theirs. it's all out of respect for another rare sports car. hell 1 out of 1750 is something to say in itself imo

oh and rac3rx should change the "a" in his name to an "i" imo cuz thats what he is acting like

Rac3rX said:
Id just like to let you know Superprotege's hit 12.1 @113 MPH in his 2002 LX Protege, ummm 12.8's not too impressive anymore is it.

I tell you "Man-Up Sissie" Because you cry about some hollywood flick being a slap in your face. You need to grow up from that s***, because Bigger Men laugh at the flick for what it is.....a Flick!!

Superprotege is all I hear from you noobs now,lol!!!! Did I tell you I got that with street tires and at 9psi?? Or that the engine is completely stock exept for a supercharger with no LSD at all. It was also on pump gas.

ghost said:
Superprotege is all I hear from you noobs now,lol!!!! Did I tell you I got that with street tires and at 9psi?? Or that the engine is completely stock exept for a supercharger with no LSD at all. It was also on pump gas.

(hah)

Go Cry me a river! (hah)

speedprotegewi said:
i dunno, i still think your goal is a bit excessive (btw: u will need a roll cage if you are gonna do 11's on the tracks in wi, so add that to the list :p) my brother drives a 13.1sec wrx, my best friend has a 97tt, another friend has an audi s4 and a bmw 740i, another has a s/c'd '05 GTO, another a glorified neon (srt acr) yet all of them love my car even though it is waaaaay slower then theirs. it's all out of respect for another rare sports car. hell 1 out of 1750 is something to say in itself imo

oh and rac3rx should change the "a" in his name to an "i" imo cuz thats what he is acting like

Amen man! My wifes MSP might not be the fastest and the best car out there, but I love driving the banana around. People always turn around and get a second look. I love that MSP as I did my old P5. But, I will never expect to get, or need more than the hp that she has now.

By the way, her car has a completely built engine with the Haltec E6X running at 15psi @ 250+ whp and capable of 32 with race gas.

ghost said:
STI and MSP................. Ok lets see if we can do this again.......STI and MSP.

STI= AWD pupose built 300hp AWD rally/race type car.
MSP= MP3 with a joke of a turbokit that handles really good with 150-170whp stock.

STI= 30+gs
MSP= 12gs

STI= Shitload of aftermarket support
MSP= Do I hear crickets???

STI= Forged connecting rods and crank with cast pistons.
MSP= weak connecting rods that break if pushed too hard

should i go on??

Hmmmmm I think 18 G's (The Dif in Price) could put together a serious Tuned car to your personalize tast (Forge everything) as aposed to The WRX everybody has.

Hell there is even a AWD conversion kit for the Protege (hah)

18 G's buys alot of parts!

Latest posts

Back