323 gtx build

Nice :D and boo ;) jk, to each their own :) isn't that gonna get just as poor gas mileage? Pardon me but I dont know much in the realm of mustangs...

EDIT: I just realized how many smilies I use...

Last edited:
Hey is this the same Tweety I sent a short shifter too?

I'm feeling you on whether or not to keep the old 88 GT around. The rarity and special place in my heart saves it every time.

Install shield- thanks

King of spades- gas milage will probly be the same but itl be more reliable, and easier to get parts for

Serthro- yes, been trying to find a shifter bushing so I can install it lol. It's driving me crazy having a nice piece of work like that and can't install it.

Took it in for wheel bearings since I didn't have time to mess with it, bearings were seized in the hub. They're currently getting used ones, since aparently new wasn't possible.

Pretty much so fed up with trying to find parts for this thing. I've put it back up for sale, after having to shell out $475 for wheel bearings I'm over it. It can be someone else's problem

Sadly I cannot part ways with this car, not sure why its just like an addiction. One of my fiances friends are supposed to be coming to get the rustang Friday. I just ordered some porter field brake pads to replace the fronts because they like to squeel loudly when they have half their life remaining.

As soon as the mustang is sold I'm ordering an act clutch for it and hopefully a t28 and ic piping since I finally got an fmic for it. Then I can take my cdl class pay the rest if the crap off for the wedding an start saving for the motor swap

Yay! Great news. :)

I went on CL to look for a GTX, as expected, I had no luck... Having one of those as a winter toss around motor would be cool :) the 4WD and all...

but nonetheless, im still watching to see what comes next. :)

Ya I'm mounting some tires on a set of rims tomarow hoping they will fit the last ones I tried hit the strut perch. Honestly not a whole lot will happen for the next couple months till the wedding is fully payed for and to build my savings back up. Past few months and a wedding has left me broke

It probly won't see the t28 untill spring like may or early June, as I have to get a manifold made with the t2 flange. Seals in my current turbo are done. I'm hoping to make 250-300 whp through the summer as fwd and terrorize the streets of my area and any poor unsuspecting Hondas. Winter time ill daily the protege as it goes under construction. This thread will become way more active through the summer and winter

I'm so glad I finally talked my brother out of these going from a 185-60-14 to a 205-50-15 should make much better traction, although they are way heavier and I can't use my nice rays lightweight lugs with them...

2A3FD9A7-AE20-4969-9416-ABDD580AC11A-1183-0000015E67F4FF15_zps9a4e2b62.jpg

5394D563-1A4F-475A-95FA-385C97798697-1183-0000015E7667F742_zps3d773eb6.jpg

Pretty sure I can fit a 215 in there If needed, excuse the ****** up strut I haven't gotten to it yet ( its the last one I need to replace)
4A208339-C195-4E9F-A002-6E233331C396-1183-0000015E70BB76EF_zps1e27beba.jpg

Made a pretty big boo boo tonight due to driver error. Long story short when I checked the oil I had some metal shavings. Gona drain the oil tomarow and see if I need to get some rod bearings or not. Really didn't want to do anything internal since its not gona be in there come next year...

If its not too bad ill just buy the biggest strongest magnet from Walmart and stick it on the oil pan and wait till it makes noise

Missed a gear or something? Regardless, hopefully it's not too bad. Sorry about that- if worse comes to worst, are the bearings cheap (keeping in mind im sure you'd rather not open her up cause of the weather and the near future plans.)

Ya, playing with a built diesel trying to not get covered in smoke, went 4th to 3rd

My parts guy already got a quote on acl bearing set for $50 shipped to my door

Dang, thats a bargain it seems. But that stinks. I let a mate try and learn to drive stick in my P5, he went from 2nd to 5th a few times, but that wasn't as bad as your predicament. I have yet to misshift, and I dont plan on it. I feel like manufacturers should try and put a solenoid that prevents a misshift under 70%+ throttle. But thats probably not really worth it...

It's cause the shifter bushing is bad. The play in it from just in first is enough to go from 1st to 5th in the protege, I was trying to get it in too fast, just an error on my part.

But just a few shavings in the oil, not enough to worry considering it has almost 200k I'm gona get a magnet for the oil pan and keep an eye in it

you mean the design in the protege? I put it in 5th once but yeah, if you're not trying to be speedy and granny shift, theres a slim chance of a misshift.

hey, ill take a few shavings over major rod knock and a few fried valves- at leaswt, i hope im not describing your scenario!

if hypothetically i got a short throw or replaced the bushings, that should tighten the throw a bit i would assume? I dont want to drop that money right now. anyways, i have to insure it first. im gonna pick up registration and a custom plate- an extra 30. then my dads said hes gonna get the thing insured as soon as the tax refund goes into his bank account- he said that sober and in person so im holding him to it

Well I almost lost it last night when it spun around on me in the snow, came up on 2 wheels and all at around 30 mph. Not sure how I saved it other than turning the wheel trying to get it around the rest of the way. Ordering a shifter bushing set as soon as I can once it comes in ill put my short shifter in as well

I was supposed to get my brake pads in today but with 18" on the ground its not gona happen. As soon as it stops snowing I get to see why my windshield wipers quit working after it spin around. Once I get everything situated I'd like to start sourcing a new dash as I can't stand it anymore

Holy shyte. That had to be brown pants inducing. Glad you're okay. Maybe im not so mad about not getting the snow you guys got. Maybe a relay got wet or something? That would be the easy fix?? :) My uncles BMWs wipers stopped working in the middle of a typical England rainy day. Turned the car off and back on, they worked again. It was weird.

Someone left an adjustable wrench in there at some point and it got caught under the arm of the wiper motor. Unfortunately all the roads are clear so no more snow play.

My fender is loose now though at the bottom, looks like a bolt came out of it. It's a flapping in the wind... Literally

Easy fix? Lol. Just pull another bolt from elsewhere or pick one up? The bolts have to be standard sizes, no?

on the bright side, ya got yourself a new used adjustable wrench!

Back