323 gtx build

tweety2300

:
2001 mazda protege mp3
This is my new money pit more of a work log.

As it sits it's runing 16 psi aftermarket ecu. Po said it dyno'd at 195whp with the 4wd trans that he broke and did a fwd conversion due to availability of parts. It was rallied and aparently did very well from what people have told me. I knew nothing about these cars till I saw a Craigslist ad. Now I have a real sleeper that I've always wanted

What it needs for now- weld the crack on exhaust manifold. Fix leak between turbo and manifold. Fix vaccume leaks. Find rear struts. Fix or get new temp gauge

For $700 I think I got a damn good deal. Considering ones in worse shape go for 2-3k

Does anybody even use this section of the forum?

E4C2C045-BC2E-4289-8E48-9434F0E8C267-5003-000006F15129FBBA.jpg

Last edited:
I have pics I'll try to upload when I have time.

Currently I'm battling the bolts holding the turbo to the manifold keep coming loose, I'm guessing because there is no flex pipe in the exhaust and the only hangers are 2 in the rear the rest of the weight goes onto the turbo. I'm also battling heatsoak in this hot weather it won't pull more than 14 psi. My manifold can't be fixed and none are made for the b6t with the rbh5 flange anymore.

My solution is a miata manifold and a t25/t28 turbo since I want a better down pipe anyway and itl be easier. My first project for the car is already looking like its gona run in the $600 area, and I've only had it for a month... Owell I'm sure it will be worth it in the end

I recently found a 323 non gtx...it's a 94 and has the jdm rear bumper and some front bumper from a 4 door sedan protege..and really retarded flames I would have to fix..most likely get the whole car repainted. But I talked to the guy and he said he said motor has 8:1 pistons in it, and rx7 injectors and in general he gets horrible gas (i'm sure on the count of he is n/a) I asked him if he was once boosted and he said not yet but is running nos at the moment.. (scratching my head) The guy wants 2500 for it, I would like to save this poor thing and turbo it..or fix the low compression setup if it stays n/a for a while....But the question is, will it even be worth it? I know nothing about the first gen's, except I see they have not much of an aftermarket since it is getting very old... I have a mazdaspeed protege right now, but does not compare to these motor's, quirks. Any advice? here's the link to it http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...DA&searchRadius=500&listingId=320604925&Log=0

For 2500 you can buy mine all it needs is thamanifold and rear struts

Once it's runing right it will leave your msp sitting. It's dead web with my brothers civic that runs 8.7 in the 1/8 mile and it's only building 14~psi

And I'm closer

Fixed the boost leak now holds 17-19 psi to red line, instead of spiking 14 the going down to 8-10 feels like a whole new car

Gettin ready to hook up a wide band to make sure it can run it safely. It's only had 1 run so far

Just for an update for nobody to read

Got some new kyb gr2 front and rear, as I pulled the first rear strut off I found out someone used front struts on the rear, not sure how but they did it. Been sitting apart since last Friday as the strut mounts didn't fit right, but they were bad anyway

This poor car has been Jerry rigged to death

I'll read a little bit... Nobody reads my thread, and I've got a Mazda. I really wish I could at least see the car you got. Seems like a diamond in the rough but it's worth something to you and that's all that really matters! My pal probably jerry rigged his Mustang GT worse than you have yours. Or, at least i think he may have. pre axle dump on a full magnaflow system, s*** like that! i do wonder about him though. he blew the tranny in his scooby two weeks after owning it and then went on to blow the engine too... kids these days...

I've been de Jerry rigging it lol, everything I've fixed I've done right. After the struts I'm saving for a miata manifold and t3 turbo along with bigger injectors an fmic and haltec sprint 500. Once I get my cdl and better job I'm gona start piecing together stuff for an evo swap. Yes a 4g63 and trans to handle it. It will be easier than finding another awd trans just to break it. Those are my long term plans for it for now, I'm going for 400 awhp.

I hate mustangs btw I can pull lengths on them and they still talk crap, how do you blow a subie up? Lol

If you go to the link I posted there's pics of it in there but I resprayed it flat black so it's not half grey anymore, trying to talk my brother out of some rims for it ATM but I doubt it's gona happen

One day it will be worth bragging about but for now it's just my hard to obtain parts for daily beater

The PO was running a tune and I guess it was too aggressive for stock internals. Scored the pistons and I think he blew the turbo. He's too hard on his cars so go figure.

My teach says mustangs are like belly buttons, everyone's got one. I hate the kids that think their hot s*** in em. So many at my school. One I know of is a stick. The rest all autos with v6s in em...

Ya mustang owners are like Honda owners, their car is faster than anything on the street, untill they see someone's tail lights then make all sorts of excuses. My Honda could outrun a v6 mustang so once you get some mods you can probly outrun them.

I wouldn't mind owning a convertible mustang, not to race but just to cruise around in with the top down

Yeah, I was looking at that or an older BMW convert. If I didnt get a p5. I have a "friend" who thinks his DADS jeep is fast as ****. Little dick problems... Then when he found out I have my dads Altima, he was like "why didnt you flaunt it?" to which I responded "I really dont give two ***** if my cars the fastest thing around. Its not even mine"

That shut him up.

Sorry in advance for turning this thread into another what pissed you off thread. :)

No, the 3.7 v6 jeep commander. My bmx bikes faster than that. (my moms got the 3.7 Cherokee...)

Ohwell, let him dream. He got pulled on by a minivan im pretty sure the other day.

Not all minivans are slow, just saying

But my strut mounts should be here tomarow or Friday, can't wait to drive it again

I cant contest that statement. Looking forward to pics of the no longer rigged setup. :) I checked out the pics, looks like it'll be a mean sleeper when its all running 100%!

been fighting/ fixing alot of issues

finally got a new manifold even though when i got it it also has a small crack but i would say the gasket was completely ******

IMG_0432_zps34809fd1.jpg

couldnt get one the same or next day so i bought one of those metal sheets and made my own

IMG_0433_zps399168b5.jpg

it lasted a week

IMG_0463_zpsbb0b24a8.jpg

ordered an actual gasket

IMG_0458_zps33581ed6.jpg

now it finally holds boost

IMG_0278_zpsd96beb88.png

as she sits now

IMG_0353_zps333617ef.jpg

Back