2017 CX5 Changes?

the Cdn market has a Luxury package for the GS - the leather doodads plus heated seats

How about that lifeless sound system? Is that going to be brought more inline with the CX3's system?

Have the gotten rid of that lifeless sound system and gotten more inline with what's in the CX3?

How about that lifeless sound system? Is that going to be brought more inline with the CX3's system?
Impossible!

Have the gotten rid of that lifeless sound system and gotten more inline with what's in the CX3?
不可能的事!

See, I can word the same thing with two different languages... ;)

So no idea when the 17 will come out??? Still hoping for a manual with the 40 20 40 seat configuration and at least premium cloth instead of the cheap sport cloth that might not last a year

my friend telling me and he's normally bang on target that at the very least the CX-5 coming out this 2016 will have 1 option above grand touring - called Signature. It'll entail wood trimmings, heated rear seats with recline, etc., etc. All in line to make the car uber luxury category. The one below, i.e. GT will have memory seats and powered passenger seats. That's all the upgrades the car will see. The toss of the coin here which he's saying he can't guarantee is whether the exterior will have the LED hood and whether interior will have the HUD.

Last edited:
my friend telling me and he's normally bang on target that at the very least the CX-5 coming out this 2016 will have 1 option above grand touring - called Signature. It'll entail wood trimmings, heated rear seats with recline, etc., etc. All in line to make the car uber luxury category. The one below, i.e. GT will have memory seats and powered passenger seats. That's all the upgrades the car will see. The toss of the coin here which he's saying he can't guarantee is whether the exterior will have the LED hood and whether interior will have the HUD.

That's the new CX9 that will have 4 trim levels.

I'm wondering if the Touring will move to leather, when heated seats are standard on 2016.5. Don't see many cars with heated cloth.

I don't like leather seats while I want heated driver seat. Leather so cold upon contact.
With my lease ending this fall I hope to make transition to new cx5 touring.
I wish navigation was not standard and msrp was lower. We never use the nav on my wife's cx5. Smartphone nav is much better.

Last edited:
Hopefully, that doesn't mean adding that hideous, afterthought-looking tablet-panel thing like the 3 and 6 have!

Hmmmmmm . . . Mercedes features a similar tablet to Mazda's in their new compact SUV.
Ditto Audi.
Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'd love it if memory seats can be retrofitted...

I was supremely pissed off when I learned that the 2015 CX-5 didn't have memory seats. My bad - I simply assumed that a fully optioned 2015 would have the same features of my 2010 Mazda 3. But no.

However, now that I've used it for 9 months, it's no longer a big deal. I can reset the seat after my wife drives as quickly as it would reset itself when I opened the driver's door after my wife had driven the 3. Seriously, it's no big deal. Yes, it would be better with the memory seats. But I've found that it's not a significant inconvenience for me. YMMV.

I haven't heard much about 2017 changes if any yet but is there any chance that we could see 2.5T in CX5?

Also, any conjectures as to when 2017 info will be available from authoritative sources (late summer?)

Back