2012 Mazda Corrals - Tentative

New Jersey is a going to be $45 for the weekend and if you want to camp it is $40.00 for the weekend.

Subbing. Getting it all in the works early this year so I know when/where/how I can help. So far it looks like Belle Isle and MidOhio are 100%, and Lime Rock will be considered part of my "vacation" time! You guys can also contact me if you need me to do anything in between, or work from base camp while you are away at other events!

Going to "2. New Jersey Motorsports Park" Dont understand the Corral thing cause I cant find info about it D: lol well some info but not exact. Cause my and my friend wanna do it but have no clue.

Main points to consider:

1. Exclusive parking in a roped off section with nothing but Mazdas. MidOhio last year had over 70 Mazdas together at one time, probably closer to 100 total cars

2. Free gifts--If it is a Castrol sponsored event, there is oil and other goodies. A goody bag with keychains and mazda swag. Sticker out the wazoo. Cool s***!

3. Hang out all day (or weekend) with other Mazda enthusiasts from all over the country!

4. Raffles and prizes. Any money that is raised will be donated to a specific charity. For example, the VIR virginia race last year we raised over $1,300 for the Semper Fi fund.

5. A great deal on tickets. $45 for a weekend is cheaper than most one-day tickets. Plus you get free stuff on top of that and the best parking spot. No walking a million miles to get to the track. You are in the center of the action!

6. Meet and greet with pro drivers. My personal memories include meeting Patrick Dempsey, seeing Boris Said just chilling watching the race, and hanging out with my favorite team, the SpeedSource guys while we raised money selling t-shirts!

If you don't follow the Grand-Am series, check it out. Mazda is very competitive in this series as we look to win the manufacturer's crown. Even if road racing is not your thing, the car corral has "show-like" qualities and the people are great! Hope this helps, and let me know if you have more specific questions and where to go and what to do!

Cool. Looks like my car in the bottom photo. Not sure yet which ones I will make.

Marlon, did you get my pm?

Cool. Looks like my car in the bottom photo. Not sure yet which ones I will make.

Marlon, did you get my pm?

Yes, I am researching it for you. Most tracks require that RV's bee parked in a area for RV's, but I'm seeing which track will let me have some leeway.

Really? Sad news, I hope you change your mind. Maybe if there was a little less wrenching and a little more "good times" it would be better.

A lot of it is actually being able to schedule it around everything else going on. Of course, I probably won't have 6 weddings to go to this year either... only 3. I'll keep it in mind, and if a big one is decided, I'll include everyone... per request.

Once things are formally announced, we'll start a seperate thread for each corral.

MidOhio2012flyer-1.png

Last edited:
I'm totally bummed that VIR wasn't included this season as I'm sure you are as well. I will be their of course for the ALMS race, although it doesn't sound like their will be anything going on for that particular series/event.
Above all I'm a sports car racing fan, so it's a can't miss for me, but I will definitely miss Grand Am being there this year.

Agreed. I loved going to VIR for a few reasons. The drive there is enjoyable, the track is amazing, and the people that come to the corral are awesome as well. Hopefully it will be back soon.

I am down for Belle Isle, hell, it's only 34 miles from my house!

How, when and where do we get ticket info for these corrals?

Once things are formally announced, we'll start a seperate thread for each corral.

is there going to be a separate thread for belle isle? seems to be a few people that want to go, and it is coming up soon. so yeah, how when and where do we get tickets?

Yeah, there should be a separate thread about it. Will see about making that happen.

We are waiting on further details from the track, once we have the information, will post it up.

Back