2012 Mazda Corrals - Tentative

Perro del Sol

:
2003 MSP, Spicy Orange, 2004 Mazda 6 Hatch, 2004 Mazda 6 Wagon
Well, we have a schedule from Grand-Am Road Racing, we've lost VIR and Lime Rock Park, two of our biggest eents fo rthe past few years, but we have a few other venues that I am sure that the Mazda owners will love!

1. Rolex 24-50th Anniversary- January 26-29, 2012
2. New Jersey Motorsports Park-May 11-13, 2012-Castrol Package?
3. Belle Isle-Detroit-June 1-3, 2012
4. Mid-Ohio-June 8-10, 2012-Castrol Package
5. Road America-June 22-24, 2012-Castrol Package
6. Sahlens 6 Hours at the Glen-June 29-July1, 2012
7. CTSC Mazda Laguna Raceway- September 7-9-Castrol Package

The Castrol Package is where we host a charity event and have the portable dyno, prize wheel and other goodies. Please stay tuned for more updates, as far as pricing, giveaways and special event activites.

Definitely looking forward to Mid-Ohio! (2thumbs)

it's official (per Grand-Am fb posting) that LIME ROCK PARK will be the season ender next year!! Mark your calendars Sept 28-30, 2012, CT here we come!! woohoo!!

im going to the event in daytona, witch im real excited about . but i never hear of anything from seabring

The 12 hours of Sebring is the opening round of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), I've not heard of any Mazda corrals at any of the events for that series.

IIRC, they've been attempted before, but it's not the most ideal venue for a corral. Marlon can chime in on that.

The 12 hours of Sebring is the opening round of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), I've not heard of any Mazda corrals at any of the events for that series.

We don't get as much value or support from IMSA as we do from Grand-Am. ALMS is on a downward spiral and it is not prudent for us to have the Corral @ Sebring.

What do you mean by ALMS is on a downward spiral? Their TV contract pisses me off.

Really other than the Dyson racing guys I can't think of any other Mazdas that are being raced in ALMS or the supporting series, so not having a corral makes sense to me.

Okay, here is an update on the Mazda Corrals for 2012

We've met with the folks from Belle Isle (Detroit) and Indy and they're excited about having Mazda owners at these events. I am going to advise you to get in on these corrals early, as they'll sell out quickly. Here is what we are looking at for both of these events.

Belle Isle-as far as corrals go, this may not be the cheapest, but they're looking to work with Mid-Ohio to put on a package deal for both events so stay tuned. The great deal with Belle Isle is that only "corral participants", can park on the island, so that is another benfit, you won't have to be bussed to the island.

Indy-We are working on a Thursday/Friday package for our membership in order to keep the pricing down, we also are looking into camping as well. We will have meet & greet with NASCAR drivers as well. Stay tuned for more updates on both events, as well as Mid-Ohio!

Ok... so who is down for Belle Isle? It is my 4 day weekend and I'd like to do something fun.

I'm in. It'll be good to see you if you come out. It's only been like... 4 years.

2012MazdaCorralSchedule.png

Going to "2. New Jersey Motorsports Park" Dont understand the Corral thing cause I cant find info about it D: lol well some info but not exact. Cause my and my friend wanna do it but have no clue.

Last edited:
Going to "2. New Jersey Motorsports Park" Dont understand the Corral thing cause I cant find info about it D: lol well some info but not exact. Cause my and my friend wanna do it but have no clue.

this video sums it up pretty well ... or read some of the corral threads from last year (i.e. Mid Ohio 2011 thread in the ohio section ... around page 70 or so ...) for attendees after thoughts and pics (i just re-read about the camping adventures and i can't stop laughing) ... always good stories. you won't regret coming to an event or two!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=19XUc2BiIW0

Back