~180 HP in 2 Weeks?

I'm pretty jealous here :). But I also know I can't give up my warranty yet. I don't know enough about cars to fix the problems as they arise, nor do I have a garage to do it in. I know next spring/summer I'll go for a CAI or AEM short ram, and MAYBE intake cams (which would prolly void the warranty).

As I learn more about cars, and my pay increases, I won't give a s*** about the warranty since labor is what really gets ya. Well, I look forward to the results. If you can, DYNO BEFORE AND AFTER. WE NEED SOMEONE TO DO THIS!!!!!

DooMer_MP3

Well, I finally called around about a dyno. There is one at Turbo Tune in Greensboro, NC. That is about a two and a half hour drive for me, but I think I will go and have the car dyno'd when I get everything on it. We already have a base number, 114 whp, although I think that is a bit low, but I won't argue hehe. They charge $100 an hour and said tuning with the AFC should take about an hour, so I am gonna tune it also.

Will keep ya updated.

That is cool...I wish I was in your position do be doing all of those mods. Too bad dyno's are so damn expensive, because it would be great if you could make a run before each engine mod is put on. Give some numbers for each single part. Oh well, I hope everything goes well and for sure keep us posted on what works and what doesn't.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: MP3-Owner ]

nc-mp3, i tell us whenever u get the short shifter installed how good is it, i would love that on my car. also, with the intake cams, how r u planning on dealing with the smog inspection?

Inspection? Hehehehehe. Where I am from inspection means blowing the horn, flashing the lights, and getting a new sticker :)

hahaha smog inspection in nc. hahahahahaahhahahahahhaahhaahhaahahahahahahaha... but nc_mp3 you left out part of the nc inspection they turn on the wipers. thats the most important test rith there.

Inspection? Here in Quebec unless you drive around with a NOS canister mounted outside your car, nobody will say anything of anything. Cars drive around with no muffler (no joke, they just put a pipe where the muffler is supposed to be) and cops don't say s***. On the other hand, if you drive like a dumbass, cops just look for any excuse to cause you problems.

Oh yeah, forgot the wipers hehe.

UPDATE:
Corksport called and said the Mazdaspeed exhaust cam JUST shipped out from Japan, so it will be about a month before they get it. So no go for the exhaust cam :(

I canceled that, still getting the intake cam, and called Tripoint and ordered my flywheel.

Updated List:
Prices with S&H
Apexi N1 muffler 115mm tip, $222.98 Nopi.com
MHP CAI, $363.61 mhptuning.com
Apexi S-AFC, $343.36 optauto.com
Short Throw Shifter $139.95 Tripoint
Tripoint Clutch $329.95 Tripoint
Tripoint Aluminum Flywheel ~$349.00 Tripoint
FS-ZE Intake cam $180 Corksport

UPDATE:

Tripoint called and told me the flywheels are in stock. They are aluminum and weigh ~7 lbs. Price is $389. So...

Ordered Flywheel $389 S&H? Didn't ask hehe

Thats it. I am expecting the parts to be coming in this week and next. Going to HP Imports tomorrow to pick up my Integra and I will talk to them about installing all of that.

did a clutch come with the flywheel i heard ACT is going to start making a clutch and disc set.your flywheel (stock) should weigh about 18-20 pounds.well good luck with the car mod's. :D

im going to order one on monday.Thanks for the info.Igot my car back from the shop today im trying to put the bottle back on before sat.Check back later on how your mod's are coming.

UPDATE:
Shifter and clutch came in yesterday. Read my post about the shifter. It is a B&M brand.

Clutch:
This is an ACT clutch and pressure plate. It is the Z66-HDSS kit. It is the heavy duty pressure plate and the street performance disc. Will give a full review once installed.

Still waiting on:
Flywheel
CAI
Muffler

Might get a header if the one for the MX-6 will fit.

sweet!!!!!!!! im a B&M dealer i need to get a new catalog i still have the 2000 catalog check back later were having our first houston mazda meeting tonite and then going racing.

Latest posts

Back