Now with the CX-70 "revealed", what is everyone buying?

:
'17, Mazda 6 GT
With the CX70 reveal fiasco, basically showing us a car the nobody expected it/wanted and the overwhelming negative opinions about this, what is everybody buying.

I will start myself as I was waiting for basically two years for this model to arrive. I wanted a bench on the second row and I wanted the artisan red color and nice wheels on the highest trim along with the Red nappa interior. Of course I wanted the length slashed for about 5 inches. All in one I could stomach this length, however, Nappa red leather is only available on GT-P trim level (Canada), therefore you are left out with the old instrument cluster. Artisan Red is not available at all. Wheels on the highest trim and GT-P are kind of meh.

The results, I went and test drove again the CX90 and this week will order most likely a CX90 in Artisan Red with tan interior.

I'm not in the market for this kind of vehicle, quite happy with my ultra low mileage CX-5. My dealer has a few Artisan Red on their lot and every week I drive in front of it to run errands and they just look outstanding! Judging by your color selection you're getting a Signature (y)

Thanks for starting this discussion. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

This past winter helped me remember why I like having something with higher ground clearance (I was considering checking out an Lexus ES but have since scrapped the idea). My criteria are regular fuel, same as or better fuel mileage, stereo, power, and headlights than my CX5 Signature.

I am considering a CX90 Signature with the light coloured interior. I love the black headliner in the darker coloured interior but will not accept the plastic inserts (versus real wood in the white trim) and pay more for them (tan interior is an extra charge in the CX90 over the white interior). I haven't been in the lighter coloured spec'd unit in person so going to check it out during my next service appointment for my CX5, which should be coming up in the next few weeks.

Also considering a Genesis GV70, mid-trim spec with the 2.5T. I was in a base model before and wasn't really impressed with the interior that critics were applauding Genesis for...so I would like to give a mid-trim a chance and see how it drives as well. I think the GV70 is a seriously nice looking vehicle on the outside and the interior can be pretty cool, too, in the right colour combo. I like Genesis' no-haggle pricing and the included maintenance for the first couple years of ownership.

I find the Acura RDX quite nice as well but on the fence of going to look at one. I have a good history with Hondas (always loved them and currently own a AP1 S2000 as a weekend car), fuel economy is a little worse than my cx5, however.

I have also started reading about the Toyota Crown after seeing some others on here are considering it. Unfortunately, the trim I am interested in is the most expensive (of course) and that's quite pricey for what it is, but it seems nice and the power train is impressive. Finding one could be a challenge and I am not really 100% sold it's for me.

I would much rather buy from my preferred Mazda dealer, however. I've cooled my jets a bit on pulling the trigger for upgrading to give myself more time to check stuff out and see what's coming into my dealer.

I am also starting to wonder what's in the cards for the 2025 CX5. 🤔

RX350 Premium with a couple of Packages added.

I'd have preferred an I6 (if they had bumped the HP in the base Turbo configuration) and more cargo space, but the 70 as finally revealed just misses the mark in too many ways for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this discussion. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

This past winter helped me remember why I like having something with higher ground clearance (I was considering checking out an Lexus ES but have since scrapped the idea). My criteria are regular fuel, same as or better fuel mileage, stereo, power, and headlights than my CX5 Signature.

I am considering a CX90 Signature with the light coloured interior. I love the black headliner in the darker coloured interior but will not accept the plastic inserts (versus real wood in the white trim) and pay more for them (tan interior is an extra charge in the CX90 over the white interior). I haven't been in the lighter coloured spec'd unit in person so going to check it out during my next service appointment for my CX5, which should be coming up in the next few weeks.

Also considering a Genesis GV70, mid-trim spec with the 2.5T. I was in a base model before and wasn't really impressed with the interior that critics were applauding Genesis for...so I would like to give a mid-trim a chance and see how it drives as well. I think the GV70 is a seriously nice looking vehicle on the outside and the interior can be pretty cool, too, in the right colour combo. I like Genesis' no-haggle pricing and the included maintenance for the first couple years of ownership.

I find the Acura RDX quite nice as well but on the fence of going to look at one. I have a good history with Hondas (always loved them and currently own a AP1 S2000 as a weekend car), fuel economy is a little worse than my cx5, however.

I have also started reading about the Toyota Crown after seeing some others on here are considering it. Unfortunately, the trim I am interested in is the most expensive (of course) and that's quite pricey for what it is, but it seems nice and the power train is impressive. Finding one could be a challenge and I am not really 100% sold it's for me.

I would much rather buy from my preferred Mazda dealer, however. I've cooled my jets a bit on pulling the trigger for upgrading to give myself more time to check stuff out and see what's coming into my dealer.

I am also starting to wonder what's in the cards for the 2025 CX5. 🤔
Was thinking as well at Genesis GV70, however the price difference on the higher output engine combined with a nice interior it pushes way up the prices for what it is. As about Acura, my experience with my local dealer was horrible and they're maintenance plans and prices are bad as well, so I don't think I am touching an Acura product anytime soon (although I am thinking at a TLX Type-S in the near future).

Also I think the folks around here are talking about Toyota Crown Signia which comes with a mere 243hp hybrid engine. It doesn't get the high output one from the Toyota Crown sedan.

On another note @sm1ke , I understand why you moved this thread, however it doesn't sit well here as it's going to get buried in here. I was looking at the opinions of people that were interesting in buying the CX70, hence I posted it in the CX70 and not a general lounge topic. I would suggest creating a different sub-structure or adding a new sub to each car section. Discussion was around CX70, a Mazda product and CX70 options and competitors.

With the CX70 reveal fiasco, basically showing us a car the nobody expected it/wanted and the overwhelming negative opinions about this, what is everybody buying.

I will start myself as I was waiting for basically two years for this model to arrive. I wanted a bench on the second row and I wanted the artisan red color and nice wheels on the highest trim along with the Red nappa interior. Of course I wanted the length slashed for about 5 inches. All in one I could stomach this length, however, Nappa red leather is only available on GT-P trim level (Canada), therefore you are left out with the old instrument cluster. Artisan Red is not available at all. Wheels on the highest trim and GT-P are kind of meh.

The results, I went and test drove again the CX90 and this week will order most likely a CX90 in Artisan Red with tan interior.
In Canada the CX-70 Signature is only available with black, white, gray and Soul Red; usually this would apply to base trims. Those wanting blue, silver or the newer colors (Zircon Sand, Melting Copper) are left with limited choices. I just don't get it! The Signature should get "exclusive" colors IMO.

In Canada the CX-70 Signature is only available with black, white, gray and Soul Red; usually this would apply to base trims. Those wanting blue, silver or the newer colors (Zircon Sand, Melting Copper) are left with limited choices. I just don't get it! The Signature should get "exclusive" colors IMO.
I love the white on these vehicles. Best angle is in the attached pic IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_9388.jpeg
    IMG_9388.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 58
Nothing really makes any sense, from the size of the vehicle to the way it was specked. Like somebody said in the other thread, they are trying to push customers to the CX90 and I am thinking, why bother with a new name plate, advertising, etc when you could have added a different trim, as simple as that.

To be honest, I've grown tired of the complaining in the other CX70 thread about others' disappointment with the announcement. Make no mistake, I am also VERY disappointed with the CX70 but really tired of talking about that aspect. Let's focus on looking forward to next steps in this thread. @Muggs1 I am so happy you started this thread!

I am here to see what alternatives folks are looking into and how that goes.
Gives me some hope and control over this cruddy situation Mazda has put us in.

BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport. Got the Turbo inline 6 mild hybrid and rear biased all-wheel drive without the minivan size. Even it is a little bigger at 194" than I wanted but it works.

1709210386346.png

I love white too and I've had many before since 1988, both plain white and pearl white but not everyone loves it! I like Soul Red too.
IMO soul red does not bode well for this big vehicle. Think Artisan Red is more appropriate. Ofc, its a matter of taste.
I’ll be going for the CX-70. It still will fit my needs best and look great doing that.
Curious, how you will be specking that. You need to give up some things to get other things....

Great car/engine/transmission but I really hope you are not keeping those wheels :D
He might have to. There are 3 21" wheel options and 2 of them come w/summer tires (the other one might be a staggered setup)! The Germans are really good at slipping in Performance Tires if you're not paying attention! 😮

Looks like Tanzanite Blue!
Tanzanite Blue II Metalic to be exact. My wife has been driving silver Hondas for 20 years and she was absolutely not doing another colorless car. Was somewhat surprised when she choose the most expensive color, but blue is her favorite.

I’ll be going for the CX-70. It still will fit my needs best and look great doing that.

The CX-70, on it's own, is still a great car. Its just not what a lot of us were hoping for, and I think that's where all the negativity is coming from. I'm glad it still works for you! It's certainly better looking (to me) than the CX-90.

Back