Saw a 2017 CX-5 at the dealer today...

Looking to trade my 2004 Civic EX Coupe (first car... sigh). We currently have 3 kids with a minivan so I'm looking at the CX-5 as a daily driver/limited kid hauler. Back seats felt a little tight for me, so I'm not sure how a couple of car seats would work if/when need arises. The rest of the car is sharp looking. I was leaning toward a dark blue with black interior but the parchment interior actually looks very nice. Front grille does look a bit huge though, hah! It really is a nice car overall though.

I just did. I was offered $13,XXX for mine from the dealer, and they showed me current auction prices for similar. I PRESUME my 2015 2.5l AWD Touring stickered for at least $26K? Those cars are a dime a dozen and you see them at every stoplight here, so I am not surprised, but that still doesn't man I was happy about it, lol

You need to find another dealer. I was offered over 18K by the Honda dealer for my 2014 GT with close to 70K miles. This was for an Odyssey.

Looking to trade my 2004 Civic EX Coupe (first car... sigh). We currently have 3 kids with a minivan so I'm looking at the CX-5 as a daily driver/limited kid hauler. Back seats felt a little tight for me, so I'm not sure how a couple of car seats would work if/when need arises. The rest of the car is sharp looking. I was leaning toward a dark blue with black interior but the parchment interior actually looks very nice. Front grille does look a bit huge though, hah! It really is a nice car overall though.

TBH, I'm trying to imagine a road trip with 3 "tax credits" in the back of a CX5. I'd prefer a 3D row.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Not to disagree but that is a CX 9 in that picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I know. Was referring to how the new CX-5 looks like the CX-9 even though it's not in the picture [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MSRP was $37K, I believe, if I recall correctly.

The CX5 was the replacement for the Jeep, purchased around July 2015 (within a month or so of it anyway)

2010 Grand Jeep Cherokee
HEMI
QDII AWD
Limited
NAV
4WD Low
ELSD f/r (stock/OEM)
Skidplates
18" rims
Sunroof
Tow package

KBB trade value listed it as $15K, dealer paid me $17K and change, and I got the CX5 at KBB PP Retail of $21.9K

So, at 6 years old, and 98K miles, my Jeep's KBB was 35% of retail, and actual trade in was 45% KBB retail.
On my CX5, at 3 years old and 58K miles, it is worth an actual and effective 50% of retail, as they offered me no-more than KBB retail, unlike the dealer who went over $2K above. In addition, they offered me no incentives off of a new 2016.5 or 2017 CX5 other than the standard cash-back incentives.

Basically, after another 2 years and 50K miles, my Jeep retained similar value as my much younger CX5. The Jeep also had sunroof issues, and a leaking transmission, and so forth. It was a Chrysler with 100K miles nearly! Still easily fetched $2k over KBB trade in. I think I got near PP Retail for it.

Thank you for providing that information

Your 2010 Jeep was actually a $45,000 vehicle new in 2010. So, a KBB trade value of $15,000 is 33%. The dealer gave you $17,000, with is about 37%. I think $17,000 for a 93,000 Jeep is strong money. That generation of Grand Cherokees (05-10) do well on the resale market. I've seen the newer generation not have as much success.

Jeep Grand Cherokees with the V8's have better resale than the V6's. They depreciate really fast. Obviously, the Wrangler is the king of resale in the Jeep family. They are crazy with their resale values.

In this segment, the CX-5 does have one of the best resale values. The CR-V tends to be the top. The CX-5 is better than all American made competition, including the Jeep Cherokee, Ford Escape and Chevy/GMC twins.

Back