Vibrating driver side mirror?

Rockadile

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
I've read about this issue here (I think) before and my wife's '07 CX-9 has it. While driving normal speeds both around town and on the highway, the driver side mirror (not the housing) vibrates. The dealer confirmed it is a problem with all models on their lot. I'd love to get Mazda's attention on this to get it fixed as it is really annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?

BTW, I did write them about it but I wonder how much good it will do.

+1

I am in the same boat as you. It vibrates once I drove off the lot. I will bring it in for the 1st oil change. I hope it will be a one time fix.

Btw, how many miles do you have when you all did the first oil change? I am thinking at 3750? I have look through the owners manual and I believe it didn't list the intervals? Am I missing something?

My first oil change was at 3750 as recommended by the dealer. It was very brief. My next oil change is scheduled for 7500 miles.

Thanks for the replies guys. Since I got the "free life time oil change" deal from my dealer, I will bring in every 3750 miles. I would say mine is a severe duty because of the mad traffic here in DC.

Back to topic, what's the deal with vibrating mirror for you guys?

Update

Service Advisor just called and told me there's a manufacturer defect on those mirrors. New replacement parts are coming in.

As a side note, about those black marks on the wheels, he was asking me if I spray something onto them ?! (argh) I told them it was like that since day 1 and I have notified the sales immediately. I believe they are getting the wheel replaced too. FYI, only the front left is the worst. The other 3 are acceptable so I don't bother to ask them to replace all 4.

Did you manage to get this fixed yet? I am wondering if my dealer would know anything about this.

THANKS.

If you read my other post, the SA is dumb as an idiot. He ordered a defect part for my defected mirror. I still haven't heard from him 2 weeks later... what a great customer service (jerkit) Once Castle Mazda at Silver Spring, MD sold you a car, you are on your own (butt)

Dude, Ourisman 3 miles down the road at Ft. Meade isn't much better. You need to give the service manager a smack down by talking to the dealership manager about lack of contact. Trust me. If you need some help substantiating that the mirror is an issue, PM me and I will call them and complain too.

This is getting on my nerves now. They replaced the mirror and it still vibrates like before, if not worse. I am seriously going to write a letter to Mazda USA and complain the crap out of them.

At any rate, no way I am going back to this BS stealership (upyours)

haha mine is vibrating too =) like after 55 mph.. im takin my cx-9 to dealer 2morrow for the first oil change...

well today i took my cx-9 to dealer.. they changed the oil... but mirror is still same... vibrating after 55-60 mph... they say its oke, no need to replace it lol...

wow 100 miles... mine is like 7 miles from my home... and they ve sent the zoom-zoom sticker to my home address... =)

Just noticed that my side mirrors are vibrating too, the driver's side seems worse. Our CX-9 was built in Jan 08 or so.

Kinda annoying, I wonder if it's an airflow issue inside the mirror housing that making vibrate like that? Which would mean it's a design issue, not anything mechanical.

Not a big deal overall, but then again, this is the first car that I've owned that is doing this.

Yep - same issue

We just bought our CX-9 GT AWD and with 15 miles on the ODO my wife points out the shaky driver's side mirror. Passenger side is fine!?! We will address it on the first oil change as well....bummer.

Back