A Knock Upon My Door

Chill out guys. I don't think the OP wants his thread locked.

Not a huge fan of the hood honestly. The front view doesn't look bad, but from the side it kinda looks awkward to me. But glad you like it, glad the quality came out good for you, and at least it is functional man.

Chill out on all fronts... Any more of those posts and points will be handed out...Consider this your one and only warning.....

the hood wouldn't be bad if they got rid of the one level and blended the scoop into it. to me it just looks like a pyramid of different levels on the hood, way to much going on. a while back on the other forum i did a photoshop with the scoop blended and it looked much better. but it doesn't look bad.

i'm not sure how it can get cooler air than the regular hood scoop seeing as how its the same air either passing over the hood or through the grille so its not going to be any cooler. i would also worry about water getting on the filter with that as even with the stock hood ducting i have seen water marks inside there.

looking at your front end pics how come i can't see your intercooler? do you not have it installed yet? take pics when you get it all in and let me know how you like yours, oh and if you get any backfire issues as i am having with mine but i think its from my crushed 1g dsm valve which i'll be replacing this week.

EDIT: attaching the pics of the photoshop. 2 styles.

Attachments

• FIH_MS6V_2.jpg
    FIH_MS6V_2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 160
  • FIH_MS6V_6.jpg
    FIH_MS6V_6.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 145
  • FIH_MS6V_22.jpg
    FIH_MS6V_22.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I hear ya and although I don't agree with you understand what your saying about blending it in.I haven't got the intercooler mounted yet theres been a hold up at the place where I'm getting the DNP manifold and CPE DP ceramic coated and the hardpipes for the intercooler powder coated so it could be another 2 weeks(although I'm tired of waiting and might just go get them and do the install).

I've thought about what you said about the hood but with Corksport reusing the stock intercooler I don't think there'd be enough clearance for the scoop that way.

But I have been thinking about trying to use a different CAI and if I did that the way you pictured the hood would work but I'd do it differently.Instead of eliminating that second rise that would act as the top of the scoop and you'd drop the hood down in front of the scoop.(did that make any sense to anyone but me?)It would be more like the second style you have there but different.

i mean the hood isn't bad i just think it has a lot going on.

let me know what you think of the corksport kit, did they give you the updated small maf housing with your kit?

i was the first speed6, so they say to have a problem with the 3" housing, but since there were speed3's that were having problems they sent me a smaller housing.

well actually the more i look at it, its startin to look nice
the scoop isnt actually as big as it seems at first glance

is it alot lighter then stock? cuz i kno mine was, i had to carry both quite a distance and the cf one is way lighter,

hows the quality on yours? mine has some imperfections in it, and the clear coat sucks ass, micro scratches everywhere on it
but i only paid 149 for it brand new so i cant complain haha

i mean the hood isn't bad i just think it has a lot going on.

let me know what you think of the corksport kit, did they give you the updated small maf housing with your kit?

i was the first speed6, so they say to have a problem with the 3" housing, but since there were speed3's that were having problems they sent me a smaller housing.

I've heard about that problem with the maf housing,unfortunately I didn't hear about it till after I sent the pipes off to be powder coated.I need to write myself a note to call them in the morning so I can get them to measure it for me.No sense powder coating it if I have to send it back.What sixe is the smaller housing?

well actually the more i look at it, its startin to look nice
the scoop isnt actually as big as it seems at first glance

is it alot lighter then stock? cuz i kno mine was, i had to carry both quite a distance and the cf one is way lighter,

hows the quality on yours? mine has some imperfections in it, and the clear coat sucks ass, micro scratches everywhere on it
but i only paid 149 for it brand new so i cant complain haha

I know what you mean the first couple times I looked at it I liked it but didn't think it looked right on the car.The more I looked at it the more it grew on me and believe me I looked at it many times before deciding to spend that much.

It is much much lighter than stock,I don't know what either weigh but I needed both arms for the stock hood but for CF one I could have carried it no problem with one arm.

The quality really impressed me,haven't found any scratches on it and the clear coat is as smooth as glass.I would highly recommend Carbon Fiber Images to anyone.

man nice look i like it lightens up the car too by what 50 pounds right??and its fuctional with the top mount... u should piant red or blue kandy on the two front edges near the headlight lay a mazdaspeed sticker down the paint the whole thing black peel off the stickers and ull have kandy paint with carbon fiber showing through ur black hood.. that way u can have a cool mazdaspeed logo thats painted in and see the carbon fiber as well..but thats just how i would personally do it.

man nice look i like it lightens up the car too by what 50 pounds right??and its fuctional with the top mount... u should piant red or blue kandy on the two front edges near the headlight lay a mazdaspeed sticker down the paint the whole thing black peel off the stickers and ull have kandy paint with carbon fiber showing through ur black hood.. that way u can have a cool mazdaspeed logo thats painted in and see the carbon fiber as well..but thats just how i would personally do it.

I bet this would look pretty cool.

But even unpainted it looks good. CF on black is pretty tame, I bet most people on the road wouldn't even notice the difference. I think you're safe leaving it, and you know it will look good painted black, so that's safe too, it's just a question of how much you want your car to be set apart from others. If you want to keep it CF, you could go for the trunk as well and save some more weight, and give your car a more continuous look. Either way, good job, and +1 on the weight savings.

total savings is about 100 pounds or there abouts if u put the CF trunk on..thats a tenth of a second at the track.. if u decide to go all out on performance later on that could mean being a 13 second car to running a 12.9.. anyways good luck with it weather u decide to paint it or not.

Even if you're not tracking your car at all, I think 100lbs should make a noticable difference in how the car feels and performs on the street. My girlfriend isn't much more than that, and I notice a difference with her in the car. Plus it should help your gas mileage a bit too.

hey u live in douglasville.. my uncle lives there too next to this big new school that was being built like 4 years ago when i went there...anyways +1 for saving on gas..

Back