Interior Door Handle Glitz and Glam

:
2018, Mazda, CX-5, Snowflake Pearl, Grand Touring
I haven't been on this forum for quite some time due to other matters and responisibilties taking up my time. Now, due to the Covid pandemic, I, like many people have more time on my hands than I need.

When I first got my 2018, I went wild installing accessories, as well as making a few things myself. My installations included running boards, roof rack, hood struts, front/rear dash cams, complete LED conversion in and out, flashing upper brake light module, aluminum dead pedal, brake pedal, accelerator pedal, oversized stainless steel double walled exhaust tips and a few dress up items for the interior and exterior. Plus, I designed and built an invention or 2 for comfort and convenience purposes. No doubt, I've forgotten to mention a few more.

During this time period, there was another accessory package that I was going to get but never did. At least, not until recently. It is a dress up kit for the inner door handles and surrounding area.

These were ordered from China and arrived yesterday. It only took 5 days from ordering to receiving them. That was really fast.

After installation, IMHO, they look better than I could have imagined. Had I known way back then, what I know now, I would have gotten them much sooner. They compliment and match the dash dress up kit that I installed a couple of years ago.

The only complaint I have about them is that the double sided take is the usual cheap Chinese brand. I keep plenty of 3M, VHB double sided tape on hand in various sizes so I simply replaced the tape with mine. All the pieces are now installed very securely and will not come off without a fight. A big fight. :)

The chassis is pretty much stock on my CX-5 and I don't plan on changing anything on that in the immediate future. Unless, of course, my finance manager/life partner says I must. Actually, my wife, although not as much of a car junkie as I am, does encourage my obsession and sometimes actually helps me with an installation when needed.

In fact, a couple of years ago, she helped me when I installed heavy duty anti-sway bars on my ND, MX-5 GT. That job was easy at the rear end but very labor intensive for the front end. Much of the parts of the front end had to be removed. She kept track of the progress and was a tool runner so that I didn't have to constantly get up and down from under the car.

Now I need to do a lot of catch up reading on this forum to find out what's been going on and what ideas and other good things I've missed since I was last here.

20201008_163117 (4).jpg
20201008_163706.jpg
20201008_163747.jpg
20201008_163911.jpg

Welcome back, looks nice (thanks for posting pics). Enjoy catching up on all the Forum reading. 😁

I don't remember the exact seller I purchased from but there are several on ebay with the same ones I bought. Enclosed is just one of them. Do some searching and find the seller and location of your choice.

I am very happy with mine. They fit close to the vehicle but when the doors are opened, a nice, wide platform is revealed to step out on.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

20180925_172140.jpg
20180925_172505.jpg

Latest posts

Back