New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

Car looks little different to the current model, and yes it needs the 19" wheels.

The more I see the new cx5, the more I am so happy I didn't wait for it. Front and back just look off to me. The back looks pushed in, and the front reminds me of maybe a catfish? Not sure. Just not feeling this new design.

Only made it a couple minutes into the 12+ minute video, but seems like a clickbait title and 12+ minutes of rambling to say the the following, which is in the YouTube description of the video:

"Despite it being a damn good SUV, you’re a nut if you buy a CX-5 right now. The launch of the new one is too far away for the dealer network or Mazda to be unduly motivated to fire sale existing stock, so getting that cracking runout deal is still months away."

"The upcoming CX-5 is going to be objectively better, too - so if you jump now, buy Australia’s top-selling SUV, in May, yours becomes second-rate on objective criteria."

I'll even summarize his viewpoint in a simple sentence: The new CX-5 is coming out soon, so you should wait to buy to either save money on the current model or get the newer model.

Also, video title should be "2016(.5) Mazda CX-5 Don't Buy Right Now Warning."

No need for others to waste their time on this confusing clip. Is this dude very popular?

the more i see the new cx5 the more im glad i didnt get the 2016 or 2016.5
its such more of a head turner and looks so much sleek and sexy. the older/current gens had a nice design and didnt think something could make it look better but the 2017 proved me wrong. so excited for its release with its power liftgate.

Who wants a power liftgate?

Not me first thing i would do with it is use the disable button.

Yes he's good isnt he.
I also agree with his assessement of the Tucson, having driven the 182 auto. i only bought another CX-5 because i got a better deal.

No need for others to waste their time on this confusing clip. Is this dude very popular?

Not me either. I had the misfortune to have to rent a RAV 4 last year and the power liftgate was more of a hindrance. It was soooo slow closing that the boot contents got wet in the rain. Unfortunately, there was no disable button that I could find. I hope the power liftgate is an extra cost option only.

Jonno21

The more I see the new cx5, the more I am so happy I didn't wait for it. Front and back just look off to me. The back looks pushed in, and the front reminds me of maybe a catfish? Not sure. Just not feeling this new design.

the more i see the new cx5 the more im glad i didnt get the 2016 or 2016.5
its such more of a head turner and looks so much sleek and sexy. the older/current gens had a nice design and didnt think something could make it look better but the 2017 proved me wrong. so excited for its release with its power liftgate.

I agree with jhu8. I think that the 2016.5 looks much better than the 2017s. I'm glad that I didn't wait either.

Daughters merk has a disable button, so i assumed all cars would have the option.

Not me either. I had the misfortune to have to rent a RAV 4 last year and the power liftgate was more of a hindrance. It was soooo slow closing that the boot contents got wet in the rain. Unfortunately, there was no disable button that I could find. I hope the power liftgate is an extra cost option only.

Jonno21

Want a power lift gate.

Here is where a power lift gate is very handy: Picture hauling around boxes and bags, some paper or cardboard, during a rainstorm that need to be stowed in the cargo area. Without a power liftgate, where do you place your items to free up your hand to open the liftgate? In the middle of a puddle in one inch of water? This happens to me on a monthly basis (I live in a temperate rain forest). If you live in a desert/dry area, then a power liftgate might not make sense.

With the power liftgate, preferably one with foot activation, you are free to place items in the cargo area directly. This is why my next car will have one.

Here is where a power lift gate is very handy: Picture hauling around boxes and bags, some paper or cardboard, during a rainstorm that need to be stowed in the cargo area. Without a power liftgate, where do you place your items to free up your hand to open the liftgate? In the middle of a puddle in one inch of water? This happens to me on a monthly basis (I live in a temperate rain forest). If you live in a desert/dry area, then a power liftgate might not make sense.

With the power liftgate, preferably one with foot activation, you are free to place items in the cargo area directly. This is why my next car will have one.

You can go on forever though. Power drivers door will be next. I would probably use it if I had it but I would rather delete it and save the money or choose something else.

I am in hot desert region and i need a powerlift gate. Otherwise my forearm gets sunburnt due to sunlight hitting it at max angle of impact when I manually open it. Also I think you need an umbrella holder as well. For your region that would be a deal breaker. Finally if the car had waterproofing inside - seats / steering / controls you don't even need to remove the raincoat.

I am in hot desert region and i need a powerlift gate. Otherwise my forearm gets sunburnt due to sunlight hitting it at max angle of impact when I manually open it. Also I think you need an umbrella holder as well. For your region that would be a deal breaker. Finally if the car had waterproofing inside - seats / steering / controls you don't even need to remove the raincoat.

(cryhard)

I live on the wetter side of the Appalachians and I still don't like power liftgates. Like the fellow across the pond said (also damp), the liftgates are so slow, things get wetter, as does the operator. We have another vehicle with one, and I specifically looked for something without.

Back