New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

like i said, to some extent...you get people who don't give a rats ass, others who change if they get burned by a less than optimal car, and then you get folks like my dad who is die hard mopar & refuses anything they don't make, world war 3 damn near broke out when my mom wanted a camry

I just buy what meets my spec. I don't really care who makes it so much.

vomit-6.jpg

That one goes back a ways... I haven't seen that picture in years :)

How about slammed mini vans?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Used to make fun of a guy at work who had an Odyssey because he couldn't stop getting his girl pregnant, ROFL! Had to sell his G35 and get it to transport all their whelps. One of the videos I found while googling stuff to send him showed slammed mini-vans racing. Your post reminded me of the whole ordeal.

That is why I have slammed it. It is a city car, I will never adventure with it, into the mountains. We have another CUV, which is not slammed, that is good for trips.

That is why I have slammed it. It is a city car, I will never adventure with it, into the mountains. We have another CUV, which is not slammed, that is good for trips.

Your car isn't slammed, niether is mine. I've seen one slammed cx5 on the forums/pages (not including random pics from Japan), and he is on airbags.

There is a girl in Pasadena/Arcadia area that has a slammed Sienna with that color changing paint job. It is Asian of course.
Unobtanium, do you really think that our cars are SUVs?
What's up with the vans?
Check this one out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59j-a86YU9M

Our vehicles are compact SUV's, or "CUV's". I do admit, they don't look brawny or tough like "SUV" conjures, but they are CUV's.

AWD
8"+ ground clearance
4 doors
4+ seats
Back cargo area

It's an SUV or a wagon, and it sure isn't a wagon.

Never been to LA, but I can tell you that your car, if slammed and not on bags, would bottom out like a boss anywhere else I've ever lived or visited, and you'd constantly be angling when you really wish you could have just pulled into the parkinglot like normal, and then there would be situations where hte front overhang would absolutely get murdered and you would be that dickhead who's putting it in reverse in the Taco Bell drive-through because you can't exit onto the street that way, because there isn't room to angle, and...

Slammed is stupid unless it's trailed or planned-route, show-only.

Just my .02

My car doesn't sot any lower than a sports car and I get all the benefits of lower ride height while being able to remain practical

I have meant SUV "slammed".
My CX5 is not any lower, then a sedan, so no need to go angled in a driveway.
I admit, in some areas of the city, it's very challenging to drive, but in my area, the roads are fairly good.

Anyone know if the strange BMW X5-esque wheels are the new Grand Touring wheels, and what size they are? I'm realllly not a fan of them. They look so tiny!

My driveway doesn't have a relief cutway to drive through...it's referred to as a drive over gutter.

With my standard SP23 [from the day I bought it] I have to drive out on an angle and very slow otherwise she scrapes.

Every house has the same thing so I'm guessing there's no use complaining.

Anyone know if the strange BMW X5-esque wheels are the new Grand Touring wheels, and what size they are? I'm realllly not a fan of them. They look so tiny!

I'm not a fan either of that wheel design also, but I think that will be the GT wheel, it does look small, smaller than the 2016.5's GT 19" wheels

I can't imagine Mazda debuting a non-GT model, every debut photo shows that design, also production footage shows that design rolling off the assembly line, so it looks like that will be the wheel unfortunately......can always get better looking ones, just gotta spend the extra money from tire rack or discount tire......

I don't like that wheel either and I have thought I might buy a set of different wheels.

[I think that vid is staged as the cars behind are the old model]

I'll get 5 in 19''...anyone have any suggestions for consideration...I don't like black wheels.

I can't think of a nice wheel.

Only made it a couple minutes into the 12+ minute video, but seems like a clickbait title and 12+ minutes of rambling to say the the following, which is in the YouTube description of the video:

"Despite it being a damn good SUV, you’re a nut if you buy a CX-5 right now. The launch of the new one is too far away for the dealer network or Mazda to be unduly motivated to fire sale existing stock, so getting that cracking runout deal is still months away."

"The upcoming CX-5 is going to be objectively better, too - so if you jump now, buy Australia’s top-selling SUV, in May, yours becomes second-rate on objective criteria."

I'll even summarize his viewpoint in a simple sentence: The new CX-5 is coming out soon, so you should wait to buy to either save money on the current model or get the newer model.

Also, video title should be "2016(.5) Mazda CX-5 Don't Buy Right Now Warning."

Last edited:
Back